Leveon Bell is on the block

From the article:

Could Le’Veon Bell’s time with the Jets already be coming to an end?

The Daily News has learned that Gang Green is amenable to dealing the perennial Pro Bowl running back for the right price before the 4 p.m. trade deadline. Although it’s unclear what that price tag has been during discussions, there are legitimate buyers. The Jets would unload a big salary as general manager Joe Douglas looks to reshape the roster.

Keep an eye on the Texans, Chiefs and Bills, who could use a dynamic running back. The Eagles likely would love to add Bell, but it appears that it would be cost prohibitive to add him.

The News reported in March that Adam Gase didn’t want to sign Bell in the first place. Folks higher on the totem pole on One Jets Drive disagreed, so the team inked the dual-threat running back to a four-year, $52.5 million deal with $27 million guaranteed at signing. Bell, who has a $8.97 million cap charge this year, will count $15.5 million against the 2021 cap (with $13.5 million in cash earnings).

Just now, Sout0266 said:

He’s everything I hoped he would be, but having a star running back isn’t something we need.  If we can get a 3rd I’d take it. Rebuild the o line

Unfortunately, given the holes on the OL and lack of holes generated by the OL, he cannot maximize his value here.  At least not this season.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No no we must keep our expensive rental aging running back who’s averaging three yards per carry at all costs damn you JETS

Yes because the RB's we draft are so great McGuire GONE, Cannon injured. 

This team should just forfeit the season and quit the NFL. 

Disband the NY Jets. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I can only get behind this if it's for an absolute haul. I define a haul as a first rounder plus something else. 

Do not even think of getting a haul due to two factors - its 1.5 seasons since he has produced (albeit his lack of production this year shouldn't be held against him but it will) and 2) His $alary.

I'd be shocked and thrilled if we could get a 2nd Rounder.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, prime21 said:

A # 2 and a later pick would do.
I think Bell is a fantastic player but we can’t do anything with him.
Sad day for the Jets as far as admitting how bad we are.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Thats where I am at... let the Texans give us a 2 and 4or5 and let Bell play somewhere he can actually do something. We are tearing it down anyway.

Cant just give him away, keep him if not

• Upvote 2