Leveon Bell is on the block

22 minutes ago, prime21 said:

A # 2 and a later pick would do.
I think Bell is a fantastic player but we can’t do anything with him.
Sad day for the Jets as far as admitting how bad we are.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

WTF, this is possibly the best RB in the league. He doesn't  suck, he is basically the only player besides Sam on the Offense  that doesn't  suck. He is better than any RB in the draft. If Curtis waa worth a first, Bell is worth a first and a fifth. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is a great move as he was only here for 2 years max anyway.  And this team is 3 or 4 years away from being competitive.  Love the move.  Go Puppet Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disagree. How many times do we have to see teams from the bottom come to the top very quickly. No team is 3 to 4 years away - zero. You simply don't trade away young superstars. You just don't do it. Next year with all of our picks we'll have a much better O-line. If it's a first, maybe you do it. But the chances of a first round pick being a future Hall of Famer, which Bell can be, is extremely slim.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Love Bell... but I'd imagine we'd get a 1st rounder in return.
That'd be 2 1st rounders, an early 2nd rounder, and 2 early 3rd rounders (cause of Leonard Williams trade).
Easily turned into 3 1st round picks.

Could definitely build a strong offensive line with that.

NCAA followers, is next year a good draft for olinemen?

I think a trade would be built around a second round pick. And at this point, I would take it.

As bad as Gase has been, Macc left us with One of the worst rosters in football.

We need help everywhere and a premium pick like a second rounder for an RB (albeit great) that will only be here another year and a half anyway is worth it. 

It would sting, yes. And Sam may suffer in the short term (the next 9 games) but it would likely be worth it long term. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

WTF, this is possibly the best RB in the league. He doesn't  suck, he is basically the only player besides Sam on the Offense  that doesn't  suck. He is better than any RB in the draft. If Curtis waa worth a first, Bell is worth a first and a fifth. 

Agree - and you could have the first pick in the draft and not get someone as good as Bell is.

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Love Bell... but I'd imagine we'd get a 1st rounder in return.
That'd be 2 1st rounders, an early 2nd rounder, and 2 early 3rd rounders (cause of Leonard Williams trade).
Easily turned into 3 1st round picks.

Could definitely build a strong offensive line with that.

NCAA followers, is next year a good draft for olinemen?

Very good OL draft. If we have 2 number 1's, I would spend both on the OL and then draft a WR or RB in the second and go OL in 3rd. We might even be able to get Hunt. I have a feeling Cleveland will be trying to get rid of him. He's  not going to be happy there backing up Chubb

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I see 3/4 of the posts here debating the practicality of trade, and missing the sheer ridiculousness of our situation.

let me be real; I wasn't close to the jets during the infamous Kotite era, but this is rock bottom.

Absolute rock bottom. 

We've somehow managed to become exponentially worse than we were pre-Franchise QB (Darnold).... We just signed him as a #1 playmaker to run the offense through and support Sam, and we're 8 weeks in, looking to trade our #1 RB and #1 WR and our entire team is a stinking sh*t hole. 

We are the worst franchise in the NFL. 

We have a long list of candidates who contributed to this incredible situation, but this is ultimately the fault of two people.

Woody and Christopher Johnson.

If they trade Bell you might as well forfeit the rest of the season.  You can justify trading Williams to the players but trading their best player who has been a model teammate and they will quit on this regime.

From a practicality standpoint it would be nice to have an addtl first rounder but you are still going to need to draft a RB and the odds of them performing like Bell with a revamped line are minuscule at best.

If someone offered anything less than a 1st, 3rd, and a player I'd tell them to gft.

The people here saying to take a 2nd or a 3rd have lost their minds.

2 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Disagree. How many times do we have to see teams from the bottom come to the top very quickly. No team is 3 to 4 years away - zero. You simply don't trade away young superstars. You just don't do it. Next year with all of our picks we'll have a much better O-line. If it's a first, maybe you do it. But the chances of a first round pick being a future Hall of Famer, which Bell can be, is extremely slim.

I don’t disagree with your premise except that Bell isn’t a young superstar. He turns 28 in a few months. And while he did sit a year, he has handled a huge workload over his career. 

All of our picks next year? We have an extra 3 at this point. And while Oline upgrade is necessary we have needs all over the place. 

I don’t love the idea of trading Bell but looking at the state of the roster I feel like we have to. 

5 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

I think a trade would be built around a second round pick. And at this point, I would take it.

As bad as Gase has been, Macc left us with One of the worst rosters in football.

We need help everywhere and a premium pick like a second rounder for an RB (albeit great) that will only be here another year and a half anyway is worth it. 

It would sting, yes. And Sam may suffer in the short term (the next 9 games) but it would likely be worth it long term. 

Definitely would sting.  Losing a talent like Bell sucks, but it is what it is.

Without an oline we waste him and Sam anyway.

this is such a clown show and no fan should support this organization-we even ruin a hall of fame rb that has been a model citizen while here. FU GASE and FU JD if this move goes through. We once again will be tanking and going full rebuild mode with guys that have no F'n idea what they are doing

I already called the jets and told them to take me off the auto re new payment status

• Upvote 2

lmfao

This team signs the best offensive player they've ever had in their prime and they are so incompetent they cant even take advantage of how spectacular of a player he is.

That said, this is the right thing to do.  He's useless here and not only is it in the Jets best interest, it's in Bell's too. This place sucks.  Go help a team win a championship.  I saw some suggest the Texans.  I'd love it.  Watson and Bell are my 2 favorite players to watch.  I'll be a Texans fan for the year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I actually don't like this.  I'll admit I wasn't fully on board with the signing at the time, given I feel RBs rarely live up to big contracts in today's NFL, and a year off brought more questions with it.  But with the Jets having already committed much of the up front money to him, his deal actually being less than most had anticipated when I was initially opposed to it and, despite poor numbers thanks to an atrocious OL, his level of play not being an issue , all while having proven himself to be a team guy even in the midst of this disaster, it seems like a very curious move.

Of course if the Jets get a substantial offer coming their way for him that's too good to turn down (first+), I can get that, but otherwise unless they're thinking Darnold isn't likely this team's long-term answer, taking away the only thing he's got going for him on this offense is hardly an advisable approach.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

What if Bell actually started the rumor in order to drum up interest for himself and get some teams calling the Jets?  Maybe he doesn't want to quit but he sees his final 2-3 years of elite play about to waste away on a rebuilding team.  He needs a team to rescue him from this.

i dont buy it bell was for some reason thrilled to be here and been a model guy -where there is smoke there is fire just like with leo-jets want to ruin the talent at all levels

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

lmfao

This team signs the best offensive player they've ever had in their prime and they are so incompetent they cant even take advantage of how spectacular of a player he is.

That said, this is the right thing to do.  He's useless here and not only is it in the Jets best interest, it's in Bell's too. This place sucks.  Go help a team win a championship.  I saw some suggest the Texans.  I'd love it.  Watson and Bell are my 2 favorite players to watch.  I'll be a Texans fan for the year.

it is not the right thing to do if you believe in sam