Leveon Bell is on the block

50 minutes ago, prime21 said:

A # 2 and a later pick would do.
I think Bell is a fantastic player but we can’t do anything with him.
Sad day for the Jets as far as admitting how bad we are.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They aren't shopping him... that is a fabrication but a trash blog writer for the failing paper. They are willing to listen to offers, as they should... 

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No no we must keep our expensive rental aging running back who’s averaging three yards per carry at all costs damn you JETS

What's your take on this?  Can't tell from the tone of the note.  Pro trade?  Anti trade?  Don't care?

Why the angst?  IF the Jets trade Bell, it would be good for both him and the team.  He deserves to play on a team that can block competently for him.  He's pretty much wasted here behind an abysmal OL that is probably going to take two full years to rebuild, and even that only if they nail the draft next year.

Now, the question is, what would make a good deal? He has a big contract, but only one more fully guaranteed year. Obviously you'd like to get a 1st and another pick, but I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they can get that much.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Of course he is.  As he should be.

Almost everyone, to a man, should be available if the price is right.

Darnold, honestly, is the only hard exception.

Would anyone really be shocked the Head Coach who didn't want Bell would be supportive of trading Bell?  Especially given his history of trading RB's?

Plus since all he cost us to acquire was cap space any draft pick makes the trade a win!

13 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I don't see the problem. Forfeiting actually seems like the best option right now anyway. Did you think they were going to win out?

I don't think it's a stretch to see them getting back to 500 the next month and a half if Hewitt and beachum come back. Do that and the last 3 or 4 games could actually mean something.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

How much of Brock Osweiler's contract did the Browns eat for a 2nd rd pick? 

Google Results....

In the deal, Cleveland picked up Osweiler, a 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick while only giving up a 2017 fourth-round pick. Of course, there was one huge downside to adding Osweiler: It put the Browns on the hook for his 2017 guaranteed salary of $16 million. 

15 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’ve watched every game and what has Bell exactly done that doesn’t warrant a second round pick? He’s averaging like 3 yards a carry they don’t even throw to him. He’s useless with this team

He’s useless in Gases system. Find a way to showcase him Gase!!! He’s in his prime. Should be getting 20 carries a game and another 5-10 receptions. Gase has given up on him as proof of last weeks usage of him. What a ******* joke.

• Upvote 2

Just now, MaxAF said:

He’s useless in Gases system. Find a way to showcase him Gase!!! He’s in his prime. Should be getting 20 carries a game and another 5-10 receptions. Gase has given up on him as proof of last weeks usage of him. What a ******* joke.

I think he's useless period with the talent on this team. He was a potential good safety net for Darnold, but even that's in question right now.

so Gase is doing what he did in Miami only faster here, this is why we cant have nice things. If they trade I will rag on this team and the owners all fing day I am IT and will set up a batch job to troll them.

Seriously you want to alienate the last fans you have do something like this

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Per NFL radio   Bell is on the block

This comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone. We knew the Jets o-line was no good and Bell wouldn't have any space to run. The only surprising thing is that he didn't suddenly get a phantom "injury" yet and quit on the team.

2 minutes ago, rammagen said:

so Gase is doing what he did in Miami only faster here, this is why we cant have nice things. If they trade I will rag on this team and the owners all fing day I am IT and will set up a batch job to troll them.

Stop crying. It's the right move.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Whats the point if keeping bell? If you get a good deal you move him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

First of all, until someone other than Manish corroborates this, I'll take it with a grain of salt, because we all know Manish has a personal agenda against the current regime.

maneesh has a vendetta against every jets regime.  build em up and knock em down.

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Stop crying. It's the right move.

how is this the right move tell us? you have a top 5 rb and coach who does not know how to use him? so you are going take a big cap hit for 2 unknowns. That is a stupid move. Cap hit plus unknown =stupid move. How about getting a coach that can actually do his job and get him the 20 touches running the ball and about 5 to touches in receptions?

That would be a smart move. Or do you guys think the entire team regressed like the oline and none of this is Gases fecal touch.

it's reasonable to expect bell be on the trading block.  his contract is actually low for a top flight rb given what zeke got and other guys.  and at 3 yds per carry it's not like he's adding a lot to the run game or the offense in general.   the only issue is he hasn't really shown much in terms of production over the season so far.  he's about 75 yards per game below his career average so any prospective team would have to think he's lost a step.  probably not.  it would sure be nice to see him break one or two in a game.