Leveon Bell is on the block

Just now, rangerous said:

it's reasonable to expect bell be on the trading block.  his contract is actually low for a top flight rb given what zeke got and other guys.  and at 3 yds per carry it's not like he's adding a lot to the run game or the offense in general.   the only issue is he hasn't really shown much in terms of production over the season so far.  he's about 75 yards per game below his career average so any prospective team would have to think he's lost a step.  probably not.  it would sure be nice to see him break one or two in a game.

75 yards a game with this oline is like 250 yards per game with a competent oline.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sout0266 said:

He’s everything I hoped he would be, but having a star running back isn’t something we need.  If we can get a 3rd I’d take it. Rebuild the o line

This all day long. I must say after all the warnings about this guy in terms of attitude he has been nothing but a professional and a good teammate. At least from the fan perspective.

But he's a luxury for teams that aren't completely dysfunctional and have decent O line players.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

75 yards a game with this oline is like 250 yards per game with a competent oline.

okay then they should try to get a first round pick.  any new team would have his services for 3 1/2 seasons and if he returns to form it would be a bargain.  right now it doesn't look like the jets will be competitive until next season at the earliest.

39 minutes ago, Pac said:

Don't think they've quit yet but a loss to Miami and they probably will..  There are plenty of good pieces on the team most of which are hurt.  It's a shame how it turned out.

Still think they could go on a run here but a loss to Miami and it's all ova.

If they lose to Miami, it's because they quit.  Miami is literally trying to lose all their games. 

I dont agree with your assessment of the roster and the injuries.  There is very little here to build on.  Douglas has a ton of work ahead of him.

• Upvote 1

I don't see Bell going to the Steelers. There's too much water under the bridge. Not sure if he has any control over a trade. But imo not his fault the offense isn't working. There's been rumors from the start with Gase after Macc signed him he wasn't happy with the signing. But still he's been used a lot and based on what we know been a good teammate. If we trade Bell and Robby those are our top two playmakers. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slats said:

Signing Bell was dumb. If they can dump that contract and get a pick and/or player in return, that's a smart move. 

I was initially against signing Bell but the contract turned out to be reasonable 

The problem was Mac neglected WR and OL

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I don't see Bell going to the Steelers. There's too much water under the bridge. Not sure if he has any control over a trade. But imo not his fault the offense isn't working. There's been rumors from the start with Gase after Macc signed him he wasn't happy with the signing. But still he's been used a lot and based on what we know been a good teammate. If we trade Bell and Robby those are our top two playmakers. 

Supposedly the skins called about Bell

Bell and Robby for Trent Williams let’s get it done

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Sout0266 said:

He’s everything I hoped he would be, but having a star running back isn’t something we need.  If we can get a 3rd I’d take it. Rebuild the o line

A third? No f***ing way. I want multiple picks and/or players in return for Bell, or it's not worth trading him.

• Upvote 1

This absolutely sucks if it happens...I understand why, but it still sucks.  It's like having an expensive car but you can't afford to put gas in it.  One of the worst Jet teams (that includes the players and management) I've been around.  This season was over before it even started.

• Upvote 4

I can only get behind this if it's for an absolute haul. I define a haul as a first rounder plus something else. 
Why? We have him for what another two years? We have to build around darnold if we want to be successful in the future bell is a great player but not a long time solution at rb for us in my eyes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I’d personally like to hang onto Bell and give it another shot next year with an actual NFL offensive line, but I would definitely listen to offers, in case I got blown away 

The best argument for keeping Bell is we are finally hitting the easy part of the schedule

Bell could go nuts and save the season

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Why? We have him for what another two years? We have to build around darnold if we want to be successful in the future bell is a great player but not a long time solution at rb for us in my eyes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

You don't give away the best RB in football for less than a first rounder.

• Upvote 1