Joe Douglas is Doing the RIGHT Thing...The Only Thing

Just now, southtown24th said:

Joe Douglas came in and said, "this is a complete mess and I did not cause or create this mess...now, as the new GM, I need to get this franchise out of this mess" and that is exactly what he is doing.

Complete fire sale.

Everyone is up for grabs at the right price.

He's doing the right thing and I agree with this move.

Well done, JD.

completely agree, not much else we can do at this point.  If teams want to offer high picks for some of our talent we need to make the move and deal it off. This team needs a lot of pieces and unless we want to continue to trot darnold out with a subpar supporting cast next year and beyond we need $$ and draft picks in order to rebuild. a fire sale at this point makes the most sense. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Chrebetfan80 said:

completely agree, not much else we can do at this point.  If teams want to offer high picks for some of our talent we need to make the move and deal it off. This team needs a lot of pieces and unless we want to continue to trot darnold out with a subpar supporting cast next year and beyond we need $$ and draft picks in order to rebuild. a fire sale at this point makes the most sense. 

you got it.

dude is thinking, the only way I can get us out of this complete and utter mess is through the draft...slowly, surely and methodically and THIS is how you do it.

Leveon Bell is a LUXURY, not a necessity for a team in a major rebuild with a questionable at best QB...sorry.  Sam gonna want out soon, too.  Oh well.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

Joe Douglas came in and said, "this is a complete mess and I did not cause or create this mess...now, as the new GM, I need to get this franchise out of this mess" and that is exactly what he is doing.

Complete fire sale.

Well done, JD.

Agreed, I've advocated the following trade List for a few weeks:-

Leonard Williams (gone).

Robbie Anderson.

Lev Bell.

Jamal Adams (1st rounder only).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Complete fire sale.

Well done, JD.

Your theory is right but Adam Gase is the one doing this.  He runs the franchise.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8

I'm fine with trading for picks, but don't just give guys away to contenders.  The Leo trade was good.  More of that is fine.

But also pull Gase aside and tell him to help Darnold out.  More rollouts and misdirection plays.  Minimize straight drop backs where he gets swarmed by the pass rush.  Keep a RB in on such plays to pick up the inevitable unblocked rusher or guy beating the bad OTs. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Complete fire sale.

Well done, JD.

Is there any player currently on the Jets you'd retain or are you suggesting something like an estate sale after a franchise has died?

I think a team needs some semblance of leadership on each side of the ball.  I wouldn't trade Darnold and I probably wouldn't trade Adams at this point given the uncertainty about Mosley's injury.  If Mosley was healthy, playing well and continued to demonstrate the leadership the Jets expected from him (remember, he was acquired in part because he was a "culture changer") then I'd be open to moving Adams.

• Upvote 1

He hasn't really done anything yet.  His bad moves certainly outweigh his positives.

Other than trading away the #6 pick overall for a 3rd rounder - he's done nothing to benefit this team.

There are tons of rumors about trading people - and if he gets some good deals done, then I'll agree.

But until I see it, it's just a bunch fake love for a guy we know nothing about.

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

wait what did Douglas do

This +100

What has he done? Traded Leo, ok, whoopee! What else? The way I see it, he has been dormant since his hire tbh and has done nothing except trade for a useless WR and coax a more than useless C out of retirement where he really belongs.

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He hasn't really done anything yet.  His bad moves certainly outweigh his positives.

Other than trading away the #6 pick overall for a 3rd rounder - he's done nothing to benefit this team.

There are tons of rumors about trading people - and if he gets some good deals done, then I'll agree.

But until I see it, it's just a bunch fake love for a guy we know nothing about.

What were the bad moves?

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Is there any player currently on the Jets you'd retain or are you suggesting something like an estate sale after a franchise has died?

I think a team needs some semblance of leadership on each side of the ball.  I wouldn't trade Darnold and I probably wouldn't trade Adams at this point given the uncertainty about Mosley's injury.  If Mosley was healthy, playing well and continued to demonstrate the leadership the Jets expected from him (remember, he was acquired in part because he was a "culture changer") then I'd be open to moving Adams.

Sam.

That's it.  Everything else is for sale.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He improved the OL, that is still a mess by trading for Lewis, Got a replacement for Herndon who is a dumbass in Griffin, signed a CB better then the highest paid one on the team Hairston, Signed a Kicker that has been great after the first mistake, ... But right, has done nothing.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

This +100

What has he done? Traded Leo, ok, whoopee! What else? The way I see it, he has been dormant since his hire tbh and has done nothing except trade for a useless WR and coax a more than useless C out of retirement where he really belongs.

That WR is the best on the team right now... the CB is outplaying TJ, the starting TE that scored 2 TDs last game, the traded for best OL on the team at the moment... so yeah... he done nothing.

• Upvote 1

We can all agree Sam is the most important part of this organization right now right? So my question is why trade Bell and not Jamal? Jamal brings back a much better value (at least 1 first rounder plus more) and doesn't really have a hand in Sams development. Bell is the most talented player on the offense, has been a great teammate while this organization fails him week after week yet he still shows up and goes hard. Just doesn't make sense to me to move him right now

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Your theory is right but Adam Gase is the one doing this.  He runs the franchise.

A lot of people keep saying this. How is this true when you consider after this season 

Gase has 3 years left on his deal

JD has 5 years left on his deal

If it’s true Gase is running the show - that would mean he’s getting an extension in less than 2.5 years from now, wouldn’t it?

Gase May have pulled a coup on Macc but based on contract, didn’t JD pull a Gase on Gase?

2 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

A lot of people keep saying this. How is this true when you consider after this season 

Gase has 3 years left on his deal

JD has 5 years left on his deal

If it’s true Gase is running the show - that would mean he’s getting an extension in less than 2.5 years from now, wouldn’t it?

Gase May have pulled a coup on Macc but based on contract, didn’t JD pull a Gase on Gase?

All this means is gase got his friend a good deal.  Gase hired him.  They probably laughed when the 6 year deal was okd by johnson.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We can all agree Sam is the most important part of this organization right now right? So my question is why trade Bell and not Jamal? Jamal brings back a much better value (at least 1 first rounder plus more) and doesn't really have a hand in Sams development. Bell is the most talented player on the offense, has been a great teammate while this organization fails him week after week yet he still shows up and goes hard. Just doesn't make sense to me right now to move him right now

The Jets have become the Dolphins, but 2 months late.  

As of now, any player other than Darnold, people that block for Darnold and people that catch for Darnold under contract at least through 2020 should be available for trade.  

When the Jets pick, and let's say Joe Burrow is available, they should decide if they want 5 years of Burrow or 3 years of Darnold.  If the former, then trade Darnold.  

1 minute ago, varjet said:

The Jets have become the Dolphins, but 2 months late.  

As of now, any player other than Darnold, people that block for Darnold and people that catch for Darnold under contract at least through 2020 should be available for trade.  

When the Jets pick, and let's say Joe Burrow is available, they should decide if they want 5 years of Burrow or 3 years of Darnold.  If the former, then trade Darnold.  

agreed.

30 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Complete fire sale.

Well done, JD.

Shut up.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are you serious?  Have you been watching him play? If you get 2 #1s from Denver you trade him and move on. 

Im not saying I wouldn't move him if the price was right but as of right now is he not the most important player on our roster right now? He is and it's not close. Why trade a guy that can help him grow and develop? When you could trade a t5 safety who would bring back a better value and wouldn't hurt our qbs development at all?