Joe Douglas is Doing the RIGHT Thing...The Only Thing

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Im not saying I wouldn't move him if the price was right but as of right now is he not the most important player on our roster right now? He is and it's not close. Why trade a guy that can help him grow and develop? When you could trade a t5 safety who would bring back a better value and wouldn't hurt our qbs development at all? 

Is Sam Darnold the answer at QB?  

• Thumb Down 2

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are you serious?  Have you been watching him play? If you get 2 #1s from Denver you trade him and move on. 

Gase didnt draft darnold.  Remember he inherited ryan tannehill and that never worked out.

Gase just might want to groom his own guy for once.  I wouldnt blame him.  But darnold wouldnt be moved till the offseason.  Its not happening now.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase didnt draft darnold.  Remember he inherited ryan tannehill and that never worked out.

Gase just might want to groom his own guy for once.  I wouldnt blame him.  But darnold wouldnt be moved till the offseason.  Its not happening now.

Can’t wait to see that grooming process

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Denver needs a QB. Flacco could be out the rest of the year. Herniated disc in his neck. 

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

All this means is gase got his friend a good deal.  Gase hired him.  They probably laughed when the 6 year deal was okd by johnson.

I don’t man. If a coach with a crap career record has 3 years left on his deal. And a first time GM who has control over the roster has 5 years left on his deal. How is Gase in charge of anything except coaching the team?

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Is Sam Darnold the answer at QB?  

I'm not sold yet. He's shown flashes and he definitely has the talent but his decision making and mechanics seem like they're different on every drive and that's a huge problem. Nobody likes to hear this part either but we have also done an absolutely despicable and downright unforgiveable job of building around him he has no OL or talent in the WR room. Your point kind of helps me prove mine in a way. If we are to trade Robby and Leveon then how are we supposed to expect Sam to really move the ball? given what the offense would look like do we really think any QB would be able to develop and succeed with an offense featuring DT ,Crowder and Berrios with a TE it seems we're never getting back and Ty Montgomery? Bottom line is this organization is doing everything it can to make sure Darnold doesn't turn into the guy we need him to be.  

• Upvote 1

oh yeah douglas is going to trade everyone.  i don't doubt many players have been talked about but it's not like trading in baseball or even the nba.  players don't move much in the nfl through trades.  and just because it would be good for the jets to trade certain players still means there's a taker and price is right.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Joe Douglas came in and said, "this is a complete mess and I did not cause or create this mess...now, as the new GM, I need to get this franchise out of this mess" and that is exactly what he is doing.

Complete fire sale.

Everyone is up for grabs at the right price.

He's doing the right thing and I agree with this move.

Well done, JD.

Oh, look, another Jets fan who's attributing greatness before results. Let's see how many people actually get moved and for what.

JD may be awesome, but I remember a bunch of people proclaiming how amazing Gase and Mac were too...

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cause he doesnt have control of the roster.  Adam gase does!

Why do you think a GM who sits above the coach doesn’t have control of players drafted, traded for, etc? The same GM who has an extra two years on his contract. 

If what you are saying is true then JD wont be calling the shots until Gase is gone. That doesn’t make any sense.

If what you are saying is true than it must be written in both of their contracts that Gase has final say over player personnel (who they draft, trade for). Do you really believe that?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ohhthepain said:

One thing I'm he is ring a lot of people say on twitter is that Gase has more control over personel decisions than we think... I thought, and remember hearing, that Douglas would only sign with us if he had full 100% roster control. Can anyone clarify?

Clarification: that was all bs

Gase is the GM.  Douglas is his errand boy

Exactly why we must fire both

• Thumb Down 2

49 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Joe Douglas came in and said, "this is a complete mess and I did not cause or create this mess...now, as the new GM, I need to get this franchise out of this mess" and that is exactly what he is doing.

Complete fire sale.

Everyone is up for grabs at the right price.

He's doing the right thing and I agree with this move.

Well done, JD.

Again as most have mentioned, the main aspect is building from the inside out with the Oline to protect Darnold, who at this point should be the only player not to be eligible for trade. We now have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds with 2 3rd rounds including both that should be fairly high considered us and the Giants likely will pick high in the 2020 draft. We can mix in some FAs on Oline, but we need to hopefully get in those 1st 4 rounds LT and C. Maybe sometime in the draft a G as well. The D is a little lower priority, but need Edge rusher and CB addressed as well. We just need prospects in all of these areas. We should also try for a WR, but we are still not sure how that will shake out though even if we can Robby we need high level help there as well. Lets also see if we keep Bell and if not RB is also going to be a need. 

46 minutes ago, choon328 said:

What were the bad moves?

Paying a washed up Center $8mm, not bringing a second kicker into camp -

Those were two pretty egregious ones in a very short period of time.

Look, I'm not saying he's a bad GM but we have no reason to think he knows what he's doing either.

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Douglas is not the guy

Kinda tough to say that would just 2 botches of Kalil and the kicking issue. He was trying to improve us for this year on the fly, but there was no way to improve this Oline at the stage he got the team with trading a 202 1st round for Wash. LT Edwards and until like just the last few days they didn't even want to trade the guy. And as funny as it seems LT has not been great for us, but the C position has been the biggest downfall since Kalil has just been as bad as can be. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Paying a washed up Center $8mm, not bringing a second kicker into camp -

Those were two pretty egregious ones in a very short period of time.

Look, I'm not saying he's a bad GM but we have no reason to think he knows what he's doing either.

Except every move I outlined above... but of course you choose to ignore the good stuff.

45 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He improved the OL, that is still a mess by trading for Lewis, Got a replacement for Herndon who is a dumbass in Griffin, signed a CB better then the highest paid one on the team Hairston, Signed a Kicker that has been great after the first mistake, ... But right, has done nothing.

1) ha!

2) Cost us a game waiting too long.  Correcting ones own error doesn't make for a great move

The moves you're pointing two are very standard...if you can sit here and tell me that a GM that has basically single handily cost you a game and paid $8mm to a retired player has done well then you're living in a fantasy world.

Grabbing 3rd string TE's and CB's is not exactly genius.   He's made too many errors early.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1