Joe Douglas is Doing the RIGHT Thing...The Only Thing

Just now, CTM said:

Direct hire by the Johnsons?  Was MAc? I thought he took Wolf and Casserly's recomendation, just like he did Gase's here.

I know nothing of his pedigree other than he's worked for some successful teams, which means little as we've seen the long strong of Belichick disciples who've washed out

Gase forced out Macc, then got his friend Douglas hired.  

Only reason this is different than the Casserly/Wolf recommendation is Gase had a direct incentive for linking up with a strong GM; his job is on the line.  Casserly/Wolf were no better than using Korn Ferry.  Neither of those guys had anything to lose by Macc failing here.  

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gase forced out Macc, then got his friend Douglas hired.  

Only reason this is different than the Casserly/Wolf recommendation is Gase had a direct incentive for linking up with a strong GM; his job is on the line.  Casserly/Wolf were no better than using Korn Ferry.  Neither of those guys had anything to lose by Macc failing here.  

So what you are really suggesting is that somehow Gase is s better GM evaluator than Casserly / Wolf or Korn Ferry. I think that's wishful thinking at best 

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

JD may be awesome, but I remember a bunch of people proclaiming how amazing Gase and Mac were too...

I don't recall one person saying any of that, particularly how AMAZING they are, and I read this board every day. What in your mind constitutes a bunch? 3? 

Safe to say the jury is still out on JD, but he didn't create 98% of this current mess.