Dallas Calls About Adams

SR24

Just now, Beerfish said:

You have to strike while the iron is hot, the price will only go down.

That's just not true. If he keeps playing well, the price will actually go up, because it also gives other teams time to get in on the action during the offseason. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Ok dude, since you don't even know who Josina Anderson is... 

Haha asking if a ESPN trash can is reliable means that much to you? Twitter isn't sh*t. Your dumbass thinks the Cowboys really offered 2 Ones? Haha Perhaps you should check yourself.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JTJet said:

That's just not true. If he keeps playing well, the price will actually go up, because it also gives other teams time to get in on the action during the offseason. 

Teams in the off season look at positions and holes and get convinced they can be filled via the draft or via Fa cheaply.

Adams could get hurt.

Adams can play as he has been playing and teams will realize decent SS does not make you win more than a ton of other positions.

He is young, healthy, has a bit of an over blown rep and is at the height of his value.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

How do we feel about this? On one hand the Jets stood firm and didn’t take lesser value, on the other they have three players they were publicly prepared to trade off on the roster, two of which are signed here beyond 2019

They did the right thing.

1) Bell is still young enough where he can legitimately be part of the core going forward. You don’t trade him now unless you are completely blown away. 

2) I would have traded Adams for the right price, but given what the Dolphins got for Minkah, you have to get a 1st + for Adams 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

with 2 yrs left on rookie deal the jets should def ask for another pick at least, especially since the dallas pick in the first round isn't going to be top 10 and maybe not top 20 either.  

Minkah Fitzpatrick netted a first that may be top 10.  Ramsey in walk year netted two first round picks and a 4th.   Adams should net 1 and a 3rd from Dallas at least given where picks would be. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Teams in the off season look at positions and holes and get convinced they can be filled via the draft or via Fa cheaply.

Adams could get hurt.

Adams can play as he has been playing and teams will realize decent SS does not make you win more than a ton of other positions.

He is young, healthy, has a bit of an over blown rep and is at the height of his value.

The height of his value wont go down in just 6 months. There is no difference between now and then, barring a freak injury or a complete 180 from his current play. 

His play isnt trending downwards, its trending upwards since he was drafted. So those are big ifs. 

Not all teams think that way though, we were even clearly one of them. Trades and FA have been our bag for years. It only takes one team. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That makes a lot more sense.  Just one late first rounder wouldn't have been enough given the circumstances.  

Try again in the offseason....

I can’t believe a team desperate for a defensive playmaker would only offer up a late first for an all-pro, pro bowl, PFF’s #4 rated leader of men culture changing strong safety.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can’t believe a team desperate for a defensive playmaker would only offer up a late first for an all-pro, pro bowl, PFF’s #4 rated leader of men culture changing strong safety.

Holy crap. I think after all these years this is the first time I saw you like a player.. unless you were one of the people who were in love with Glennon. Can't remember.

24 minutes ago, Barton said:

Prob should have taken that Dallas 1st rd pick.

A mid to late 1st is not enough. Dallas needed to throw in at least a 3rd rounder to get the deal done. Remember Adams is under team control for another 2 years. Douglas did the right thing nixing the deal. Its all good though. I fully expect a deal to get done in the offseason.

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Adams could get hurt.

Not only that... but if JD is somehow able to make some major improvements to the o-line, the Jets can potentially be a middle-of-the-road team next season, still sniffing playoff possibilities in October. If that happens, then trading Adams is almost impossible during the season. Better make it happen in the offseason.

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Minkah Fitzpatrick netted a first that may be top 10.  Ramsey in walk year netted two first round picks and a 4th.   Adams should net 1 and a 3rd from Dallas at least given where picks would be. 

Pretty sure Tom was against us drafting Minkah btw.  lol 

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I saw what I wanted to see. Got a hard on and rushed to report it. I did the very thing that I have knocked the media about for the past two years. 

This is absolutely unforgivable!  

J/K.  Honestly, who cares.  Sports is entertainment.  Most of us treat it with way too much importance.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

The height of his value wont go down in just 6 months. There is no difference between now and then, barring a freak injury or a complete 180 from his current play. 

No difference?  The team trading for him was presumably doing so to have him for this season.  Just because it is over for the Jets does not mean that a team in the thick of things would not want him for the stretch run.  For a team like Dallas or Baltimore, he would be losing 1/3 of his current value because he is only under contract for 2019, 2020 and the 2021 (expensive) option.  They were hoping to have him for three seasons worth of playoffs.  They aren't getting that this offseason.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

He's only a star because he's a media whore

Anywho, the data is similiar for average salary by position. If you think it's overused to argue positional value by factually stating what actual GM's are willing to pay the actual players I don't know what to tell you. 

This is BS.  If you think he only is a star because of his media appeal it kind of says you have no idea about what he brings to the table.  This really is a litmus test for SOJF and fans who know.  As soon as someone says hes a "Box Safety"  I know I'm talking to a fan who either doesnt watch or doesnt know what theyre looking at.  Its been covered plenty.  He brings a lot to the table and is a good player.  

The complaining that goes on about him is humorous.