Dallas Calls About Adams

SR24

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This is BS.  If you think he only is a star because of his media appeal it kind of says you have no idea about what he brings to the table.  This really is a litmus test for SOJF and fans who know.  As soon as someone says hes a "Box Safety"  I know I'm talking to a fan who either doesnt watch or doesnt know what theyre looking at.  Its been covered plenty.  He brings a lot to the table and is a good player.  

The complaining that goes on about him is humorous.  

Good player yes.

Pro bowl alternate yes.

Star in media = yes.

Star on field = no

You realize how many pro bowl alternates there are any given year?

The Browns had 6 last year, including Mayfield

The Colts 5

The bears 7

The bengals 5.

It's hardly an exclusive club

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

25 minutes ago, CTM said:

Good player yes.

Pro bowl alternate yes.

Star in media = yes.

Star on field = no

You realize how many pro bowl alternates there are any given year?

The Browns had 6 last year, including Mayfield

The Colts 5

The bears 7

The bengals 5.

It's hardly an exclusive club

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

Not sure what your point is. I said Adams is a star due to being a media whore.  I fully expect his star status will mean he'll be over valued come contract time and potential trade time. Which is why I want the Jets to trade him and am 100% against a new deal for him unless his play someday matches his mouth

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Not sure what your point is. I said Adams is a star due to being a media whore.  I fully expect his star status will mean he;ll be over valued come contract time and potential trade time. Which is why I want the Jets to trade him and am 100% against a new deal for him unless his play someday matches his mouth

The point is that the only people who share your opinion about his value are a fringe element within the Jet fanbase.  Polls on this board have shown despite being loud you guys are the minority. The GM of the Jets thankfully understands the kind of player he has and will not trade him for anything less than a haul.

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

The point is that the only people who share your opinion about his value are a fringe element within the Jet fanbase.  Polls on this board have shown despite being loud you guys are the minority. The GM of the Jets thankfully understands the kind of player he has and will not trade him for anything less than a haul.

I'm certain I can point to plenty of other dumb things that are immensely popular ideas but that would cast a pretty wide net.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

No difference?  The team trading for him was presumably doing so to have him for this season.  Just because it is over for the Jets does not mean that a team in the thick of things would not want him for the stretch run.  For a team like Dallas or Baltimore, he would be losing 1/3 of his current value because he is only under contract for 2019, 2020 and the 2021 (expensive) option.  They were hoping to have him for three seasons worth of playoffs.  They aren't getting that this offseason.

Talk about over thinking this. 

One of the best young safeties in the game. Half a season to go. Wants to be traded. 

He is going to try and put together a highlight reel the rest of the year to basically audition for other teams and it's going to do nothing but drive his value up. 

Age isnt a factor, contract isnt a factor, play isnt a factor, none of that changes in 6 months unless he gets hurt. Teams will be just as interested this offseason and more teams will be in the mix because they have had more time to manuever their own trade. 

42 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Does it really show his value?  I mean I can make a turd sandwich and say I will only sell it for a million.  That doesn't make the turd sandwich worth a million dollars. 

Adams value is at an all time high now we should have traded him 

51 minutes ago, Pac said:

The fact that the team and its most ridiculous homers are in total agreement is hardly any indication of what anybody else thinks.

46 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Talk about over thinking this. 

One of the best young safeties in the game. Half a season to go. Wants to be traded. 

He is going to try and put together a highlight reel the rest of the year to basically audition for other teams and it's going to do nothing but drive his value up. 

Age isnt a factor, contract isnt a factor, play isnt a factor, none of that changes in 6 months unless he gets hurt. Teams will be just as interested this offseason and more teams will be in the mix because they have had more time to manuever their own trade. 

If he can put together a highlight reel, why the **** hasn't he done it yet?  

Contract and play aren't factors?  You sound like our last two general mangers.

His entire 2.5 year career is a highlight reel man. I dont mean that in a Sportscenter Top 10 sense, but as a general overall sense. 

I meant contract, play, and age all work in our favor for us in trade leverage. He is a young, cheap, pro bowler. 

Dallas, other teams, and virtually everyone in the NFL worth a damn thinks he is a superstar, that's what matters, not your personal feelings about his value. 

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

what does this mean

It means teams dont salivate off of players from how many times they appear on Sportscenter Top 10 unlike half of you. Jamal has played at a high level since day 1 and teams see that. 

They have scouting reports on them, analyze their existing game tape, see them upfront in person during games, and tend to see and know more about them than the average fan. 

Other teams have clearly valued Jamal higher than what half the fanbase thinks, so what are we even arguing about? 

It means teams dont salivate off of players from how many times they appear on Sportscenter Top 10 unlike half of you. Jamal has played at a high level since day 1 and teams see that. 
They have scouting reports on them, analyze their existing game tape, see them upfront in person during games, and tend to see and know more about them than the average fan. 
Other teams have clearly valued Jamal higher than what half the fanbase thinks, so what are we even arguing about? 

It’s really not half the fan base. It’s about 20 very LOUD writers here at JN.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Sadly, I think both things are true. 

A. The league values Jamal more than our fanbase (apparently not Douglas) does

B. Jamal handled this poorly, not speaking with Douglas before making statements and this will give the story more life and be a distraction. 

18 minutes ago, JTJet said:

His entire 2.5 year career is a highlight reel man. I dont mean that in a Sportscenter Top 10 sense, but as a general overall sense. 

I meant contract, play, and age all work in our favor for us in trade leverage. He is a young, cheap, pro bowler. 

Dallas, other teams, and virtually everyone in the NFL worth a damn thinks he is a superstar, that's what matters, not your personal feelings about his value. 

This entire nonsense is a contradiction.  

Contract, play and age work in our favor for trade leverage?  That is what I said.  You said that losing 1/2 season of that contract and his value is going to go up.  What I think about his value is irrelevant.  The simple fact is that any team trading for him would rather have him today than in March.

For what it is worth, my valuation is also probably about right. - I figured a 1 and a 2.  The Jets want a 1st and two 2nds, sounds like Dallas offered a 1 and a 3.  Part of the reason Minkah Fitzpatrick went for so much is because he has over one full year left on his cheap rookie deal. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This entire nonsense is a contradiction.  

Contract, play and age work in our favor for trade leverage?  That is what I said.  You said that losing 1/2 season of that contract and his value is going to go up.  What I think about his value is irrelevant.  The simple fact is that any team trading for him would rather have him today than in March.

For what it is worth, my valuation is also probably about right. - I figured a 1 and a 2.  The Jets want a 1st and two 2nds, sounds like Dallas offered a 1 and a 3.  Part of the reason Minkah Fitzpatrick went for so much is because he has over one full year left on his cheap rookie deal. 

It’s been reported that Dallas just offered the first rounder. The three was from a tweet from a Dallas beat reporter who asked if a “one and a three would get it done” and the Cowboys source said, “were not gonna do that.”

5 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

B. Jamal handled this poorly, not speaking with Douglas before making statements and this will give the story more life and be a distraction. 

I agree he did handle it very poorly. I think that may be a product of his generation to be honest. 

As someone who is in charge of about 100 people ranging in all ages, I can assure you that his generation generally does not take criticism/adversity well at all and has pretty thin skin to be honest, and with access to social media, it's fairly common for people in that age range to rush to post their thoughts without facts. You see this happening way more often in sports. 

This doesnt change the fact that he is still an amazing player though. He just needs to learn self control. 

10 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Dallas thought Jamal Adams was worth a pick in the high-20’s and nothing more, and nobody even tried to beat that. That’s how “valued” he is around the league. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

I agree he did handle it very poorly. I think that may be a product of his generation to be honest. 

As someone who is in charge of about 100 people ranging in all ages, I can assure you that his generation generally does not take criticism/adversity well at all and has pretty thin skin to be honest, and with access to social media, it's fairly common for people in that age range to rush to post their thoughts without facts. You see this happening way more often in sports. 

This doesnt change the fact that he is still an amazing player though. He just needs to learn self control. 

I hear that. Certainly, folks that grew up with social media use it more freely as a form of expression (with the exception of your embarrassing aunt or uncle posting...)

It's just more disappointing from Jamal because he IS a leader and prides himself on it. Also, I just expect second generation athletes to handle stuff differently. On the heels of the other recent social media snafus, it's a bummer. Love him as a player and the passion he brings.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dallas thought Jamal Adams was worth a pick in the high-20’s and nothing more, and nobody even tried to beat that. That’s how “valued” he is around the league. 

That's not higher than you value him, Tom? That's like, your brand.

So the player that is overrated, contributes nothing and has no impact on the game is worth a 1st round pick.

Imagine if he wasn’t overrated, contributed something and had an impact on the game.

Dallas has 4 wins. They can easily be a team that picks 10-15.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ryu79 said:

I hear that. Certainly, folks that grew up with social media use it more freely as a form of expression (with the exception of your embarrassing aunt or uncle posting...)

It's just more disappointing from Jamal because he IS a leader and prides himself on it. Also, I just expect second generation athletes to handle stuff differently. On the heels of the other recent social media snafus, it's a bummer. Love him as a player and the passion he brings.

Agreed. He is taking the Ray Lewis model of being a very vocal leader, which would be great, but not understsnding that its important to not come off as a whiner/complainer, which he looks like right now.

• Thumb Down 1