SR24

Dallas Calls About Adams

Trading leveon bell, leonard williams and jamal adams and getting pick to rebuild this disaster would be the best thing to happen to this franchise in years.  its like Christmas.  Get it done Adam!!!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

it would have to be a young pro bowl caliber olineman and a first for starters, young on his first contract.....

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For two firsts?  Please.  That would be a heist for us.  

Fair. Id agree with that or a 1st plus a starting OL, I just don't see Jerry giving that up. But for a single 1st , no...

Jerry is old and desperate, this is 100% the team we should be talking  to . 2 #1’s and another pick . Break this whole thing down . 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just now, ryu79 said:

Id agree with that. But for a single 1st , no...

Correct.  Especially since Dallas' pick will likely be a late 1st.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

As good as Admas might be - Darnold and the offense are way more important, and if the Jets can come away with multiple high draft picks for Adams to help fix the offense, then it's a trade that definitely has to be made.

Also,  It will be pure listening gold to hear what Adams really thinks about Gase and the Jets on his way out so there's that too!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

So the shelf life on my new Adams jersey would be what, 8 weeks and four games I've worn it at Metlife?

Do I get to trade it for a jersey to be named later or at least a Jets umbrella and two tshirts?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I would easily trade him and if the compensation is 'massive' do not let this opportunity pass.  It will be selling as high as can be and he will only devalue as time goes on.

That's exactly what caught my eye as well.  I'm certainly not his biggest fan, yet not close to the greatest hater either, but if there is truly a massive offer being made, the Jets are in the exact kind of situation that they should pull the trigger.  Sure, if the Jets were in a good situation overall as a team, he'd be a nice extra piece to have to the puzzle, but they are so far away from that, there's just way too many far higher priorities at this point.

• Upvote 2

I’m an Adams guy, but if you are getting multiple firsts for him, you have to do that.

go get yourself an offensive line  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Also,  It will be pure listening gold to hear what Adams really thinks about Gase and the Jets on his way out so there's that too!

It actually wouldn't surprise me if he was classy about it on his way out the door.  As much of a clown he is I still imagine he'll just be happy to go to a contending team.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You don’t build teams around strong safeties.

This is mostly true. If Macc had somehow put two islands next to Adams and Maye, we would be singing a different tune, or not even thinking about it at all.

Wow. Trading Adams? If the price is right send him packing. I doubt it happens but if Jones really wants him the Jets could get a favorable deal. We will see.

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So the shelf life on my new Adams jersey would be what, 8 weeks and four games I've worn it at Metlife?

Do I get to trade it for a jersey to be named later or at least a Jets umbrella and two tshirts?

Clothing for the homeless bin. 

Just now, DLJ said:

This team is stupid

So stupid for trying to fleece the Cowboys for two firsts + another pick for a Box Safety.  So dumb.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I could totally see Jerry giving up a 1st rounder and then some 

Let’s do this. 

If your looking for a team that will give you the best value in a trade its the Cowboys for sure. Jerry Jones will overpay for a player he wants everyday and twice on Sunday.

Again I don't see this happening.  I think the Jets are doing their due diligence by listening bu they aren't shopping him. It would take a kings ransom for them to trade Adams IMO.  

1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I don't think they would trade Martin. Maybe Connor Williams or La'el Collins.

While I agree there;s virtually no chance it happens but  if we somehow came out of a deal with Zack Martin I'd probably run naked through an arbys 

• Upvote 2

Adams is from the Dallas area and the Cowboys have a small competitive window that is closing.  Adams could be a good player for them to tighten up their defense.  

Adams may be great, but the Jets are still losing and looking like garbage doing it.   If he can be traded for the future, we should do that.