Dallas Calls About Adams

SR24

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The best way to build a roster is with talented young players that you draft.  Well, we're about to stock up on draft picks.  If we nail those picks, that ushers in an era of a lot of home-grown talent that's proud to be here AND wins games.  

Jamal Adams is all of the above talented young player home-grown talent,proud  to be here and win games. 

Do you read what you post? 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Will it....tho?

If the compensation isn’t “great” fans outside of the few who can argue “box safety value” will whine about it, which will allow the writers to write articles ripping the Jets, which will continue the narrative of an ineptitude franchise. 

100 posters on this board aren’t the “fan base” (unfortunately)

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You guys have no idea how bad our defense becomes with Adams off the field........dude is everywhere....for a draft pick aka lottery ticket...nah bro, HARD NO for me

Who cares how bad the defense gets?  I hope we lose every game by double digits for the rest of the season.  This roster needs a complete overhaul.  Hopefully we finally have a GM who can do it.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not if those guys aren't talented enough to make a difference.  Lot's of guys love playing football.  That doesn't mean they're all central pieces to the roster.  

The best way to build a roster is with talented young players that you draft.  Well, we're about to stock up on draft picks.  If we nail those picks, that ushers in an era of a lot of home-grown talent that's proud to be here AND wins games.  

I'm all for trading Adams but this sounds ******* dumb considering it's to support trading Adams.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jetstream23 said:

If the Jets trade Jamal then two thoughts....

1. We're in the running with Miami and Cincy for the 1st overall pick

2. So much for my genius move to stash the Jets D a few weeks ago in Fantasy with games against Miami (twice), Washington and Cincy on the schedule.

Why did you say done deal minutes ago?

1 minute ago, deucebag said:

Who cares how bad the defense gets?  I hope we lose every game by double digits for the rest of the season.  This roster needs a complete overhaul.  Hopefully we finally have a GM who can do it.  

there is thing called next season. Whoever we draft will not be better then adams. Whats wrong with you people 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jamal Adams is all of the above talented young player home-grown talent,proud  to be here and win games. 

Do you read what you post? 

He is from Dallas and wants to go to a winner.  Fleece Jerry.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I guarantee you he asked to be traded.

"Bleed our colors" my ass.  The only color Adams bleeds is self-promotion.  Just like 99% of NFL players.

at the presser after sundays game he pretty much said he was tired of losing.  i'm not so keen on losing adams but he's been here 3 seasons and there's no telling how many more losses he'll have to endure.  if the jets can get a couple of 1's for him then make the deal.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not if those guys aren't talented enough to make a difference.  Lot's of guys love playing football.  That doesn't mean they're all central pieces to the roster.  

Oh i get it. Believe me, i would trade the shirt on my back for more picks (....lets not get into the "how will those picks be squandered" convo yet).... but something about this just feels wrong. Like we're not going to be better off... I'm a shrewd "you make your own fate" type manager and believe in accountability is everyone's job... but on some level, you do need those personalities and leaders to put the pieces together.

I don't like it. We'll see. 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

there is thing called next season. Whoever we draft will not be better then adams. Whats wrong with you people 

lol.  You do realize Jamal wasn't even a top 5 player from the 2017 draft, right?  

I'm positive we can, and will, draft a better and more impactful player than Jamal Adams with the pick(s) we get.  And most importantly, we  won't have to pay that player $12-14M a year 2 years from now.  

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Why did you say done deal minutes ago?

Edited that.  I was saying it's a done deal IMO if the Chad Forbes tidbit is correct that Joe D has a deal in place that only needs Ownership's blessing.  Can't imagine Chris/Woody would neuter the guy they just hired for the next 6 years.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The key word there was "talented".  

He is talented. He is also way over rated by the fans and media and plays a position of low importance.

The good thing about over rated players is they can return more value than they are worth. Lets hope that happens here.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DJF71 said:

He is from Dallas and wants to go to a winner.  Fleece Jerry.

Again is there proof that he wants to be traded to Dallas?  I don't think its happening so you are probably gonna be disappointed.  Big difference between listening and actively shopping one f your top players.  It doenst seem like Dallas is willing to meet the huge price so it aint happening.  It would be stupid to trade him just for the sake of trading him

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Oh i get. Believe me, i would trade the shirt on my back for more picks (....lets not get into the "how will those picks be squandered" convo yet).... but something about this just feels wrong. Like we're not going to be better off... I'm a shrewd "you make your own fate" type manager and believe in accountability is everyone's job... but on some level, you do need those personalities and leaders to put the pieces together.

I don't like it. We'll see. 

Jamal has been a self-appointed leader of a failure of a football team.  It doesn't get much worse than where we're at.  If accountability is what you're looking for, we need to replace a lot of the current players with better players.  Jamal is culpable for the bad play since 2017.  Not as much as others, but he hasn't exactly been part of the solution.