SR24

Dallas Calls About Adams

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

He is talented. He is also way over rated by the fans and media and plays a position of low importance.

The good thing about over rated players is they can return more value than they are worth. Lets hope that happens here.

So what makes a couple of fans opinions more on point than the majority of fans?  Than the media?  Ex players?  Players, coaches?  

And there’s the comical idea that S is a position of low importance so isn’t needed.  
And somehow other teams want that position filled.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Schefter on ESPN sports center just said that teams calling the JETS sound like JETS won't pull trigger.

Just now, Stark said:

Schefter on ESPN sports center just said that teams calling the JETS sound like JETS won't pull trigger.

or they just have a real gm who is holding out for the best possible deal.  cross fingers.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BCJet said:

If the compensation isn’t “great” fans outside of the few who can argue “box safety value” will whine about it, which will allow the writers to write articles ripping the Jets, which will continue the narrative of an ineptitude franchise. 

100 posters on this board aren’t the “fan base” (unfortunately)

This sh*thole has nothing to do with the media.

I can see a trade going through (after all this has been aired in public) but doubt it will be for some massive package.   Likely a 1 and a 3 or something which is maybe ok but not great given the expectation of 2 firsts and more first put out.

Just now, Stark said:

Because the reality of most trade deadlines is that nothing happens. 

Just now, Stark said:

Fake news....waiting for someone to up their offer at the last minute.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

the walking dead no GIF

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Douglas having to confirm this trade with the Johnsons is straight cringe. Nothing changes. Douglas doesn't matter at all.

To be fair, somebody had to actually talk to Jerry Jones. 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Given we don’t know the offers, ok, wait if they’re just trying to fleece us

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

DSvY8Nc.gif

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

Exactly like I thought.  All these "experts" saying the deal was done an hour ago and just needed Johnson's approval was simply bullsh*t.  The Jets simply listened which is what any team should do.  Ian Rapaport said that a deal was never close and they were simply talking

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

i wonder who's the other team in the mix, maybe new orleans?

Has to be a team that thinks a box safety helps them win their conference.  KC, Green Bay?

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what makes a couple of fans opinions more on point than the majority of fans?  Than the media?  Ex players?  Players, coaches?  

And there’s the comical idea that S is a position of low importance so isn’t needed.  

But if it's a low dollar position (~ $11M per year) and you have a Safety than can make a difference in both the run and pass game, that seems like a pretty nice ROI to me.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

or they just have a real gm who is holding out for the best possible deal.  cross fingers.

Deadlines spur action

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I wish i felt this way dude, but i don't.... it's just wrong. And i'm not even a stout Adams lover.... but sometimes you gotta keep the men who bleed your colors... it's one of the few "beyond the needle on the field" moments. 

This is a very valid point, and the ONLY thing that would give me pause to trade Adams.  He's the anti Trumaine Johnson.  Guys like Adams are hard to come by, especially for a franchise without a winning pedigree.  As much as I like rooting for Adams though, I like rooting for Sam Darnold more, and if we can get a haul for Adams to help Darnold be a legit franchise QB, I think the Jets have to pull the trigger. 

• Post of the Week 1

I don't remember that idea that safety wasn't important when we had Calvin Pryor and marus Gilchrist

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

the walking dead no GIF

Why?  because they didn't except a subpar package from one of their best players?  Im starting to think some fans just wanted a trade for the sake of doing it lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

This is a very valid point, and the ONLY thing that would give me pause to trade Adams.  He's the anti Trumaine Johnson.  Guys like Adams are hard to come by, especially for a franchise without a winning pedigree.  As much as I like rooting for Adms though, I like rooting for Sam Darnold more, and if we can get a haul for Adams to help Darnold be a legit franchise QB, I think the Jets have to pull the trigger. 

B_I_N_G_O

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Watch Adams mail it in now.

i don't think he mails it in but i think he's going for stats now that the season is lost.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Will be a shame if this opportunity is missed.  Will never get higher offers than now.

How did someone give this a buttfumble.  SMH

Just now, Ghost420 said:

Nothing going to happen. All this for nothing. 

Fans are way too gullible.  all the information was coming from hacks.  The more prominent reporters sad a deal was never close just simply a discussion

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

there is thing called next season. Whoever we draft will not be better then adams. Whats wrong with you people 

And next season the Jets will stink as well.  Do you realize how far away the Jets are from becoming a contending team?  How about 4-5 OL, 2 WR, 1  TE, 1 RB, 2 CB, 2 EDGE, 2 DL - that doesn;t even include depth and special teams.   We are 1-7 and have been competitive in 2 of 8 games.  Adams would leave via free agency before we have a .500 season anyway.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what makes a couple of fans opinions more on point than the majority of fans?  

Is this a trick question?

• Haha 4