5pm Press Conference?

Two things I found interesting. 1) When JD said "where I grew up I was taught to listen." 2) A pro like Mort, who has been in this business about as long as there has been a business, says " Douglass did not shop Adams, but did listen to some interesting things." Then Adams blurts out that "the Jets shopped me behind my back." Who would you believe?

• Upvote 3

Glad Joe stepped up and had this press conference he needed to clear the air and give a clear ideology of the thinking behind his plan going forward.   Good timing for keeping the inferno of fan backlash to a minimum.  I agree with him a good GM would listen to any offer,  I think any good GM would take an offer he could not refuse for any player.  Just sucks that he was not put into place at the end last season to handle the free agency and draft.   Would of been interesting.  

He seemed really composed and not on the defensive.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jethead said:

If the Mets could trade Tom Seaver, no player is safe.

Very glad Bell and Adams are still Jets. Robby too. Sorry to see Leo go but understand why.

Gase is on very thin ice.

Mehta is a twat!

Whether you like it or not Gase will be here for at *least* the next four years. How long did it take the Jets to fire the wooden Indian that masqueraded as our HC?

Calling that dirtbag Mehta a twat is an insult to twats.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

In the end his drafting skill will make or break Douglas , like all GMs.

This team however has been pathetically short draft pick # wise for years.  He is going to have a  very hard time fixing this unless he moves people. 

The good players we are hanging onto right now because of their value have helped us to like 10 wins in 2 and half years.

He simply has to find a way to add picks.  Not only just for numbers but also so he can move around in the draft.

And our FA signings have been absolute crap combined with the awful draft picks and trades. Rome wasn't built in a day.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Sounds like Idzik, plus it’s funny all the cover being ran since the deals fell through.

”No Le'Veon we wouldn’t trade you, not us honest..”

Nine more weeks, then it will be over thank ****.

You mean then it begins all over again because the 80% or so of this board that thought hiring Gase was genius will all believe again. Douglas despite not really having a track record is an awesome GM and that another safety in the 1st round is great because it gives JD the flexibility to trade Adams!

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

You mean then it begins all over again because the 80% or so of this board that thought hiring Gase was genius will all believe again. Douglas despite not really having a track record is an awesome GM and that another safety in the 1st round is great because it gives JD the flexibility to trade Adams!

Agreed, Joe Douglas after today as made me think Idzik. I know people are jumping on Adams because he’s a diva. This isn’t news. Joe Idzik, I mean Douglas, appears to be a two faced twat. Yesterday could not have gone over any worse, for a team that made zero trades.

Agreed, Joe Douglas after today as made me think Idzik. I know people are jumping on Adams because he’s a diva. This isn’t news. Joe Idzik, I mean Douglas, appears to be a two faced twat. Yesterday could not have gone over any worse, for a team that made zero trades.

It’s kind of the GM’s job to be “two-faced”. There’s a Machiavellian aspect to the job that is grasped by the most successful GM’s.

JD may well suck but today wasn’t really evidence of that one way or the other.

I would have liked for at least one more trade but not budging on the value for LeVeon and Robby was smart, and if all we could get for Jamal was mid-late 1st it’s not a terrible idea to see if we can get more than that this offseason.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:26 PM, Big_Slick said:

Whether you like it or not Gase will be here for at *least* the next four years. How long did it take the Jets to fire the wooden Indian that masqueraded as our HC?

Calling that dirtbag Mehta a twat is an insult to twats.

NFL players are a social bunch, word will spread about how it is like playing for Gase.  We become toxic then.

21 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

NFL players are a social bunch, word will spread about how it is like playing for Gase.  We become toxic then.

NFL players quickly learn that it's a business and they will sign with whatever team hands out the biggest contract regardless of the HC's reputation. Gase has more than a few ex-players who publicly support him while he's an easy target for the media slime like Mehta and Cimini.