Jamal Adams is NOT going to last.

36 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

People are losing their stuff wanting to trade a great player over a tweet?? Not the best tweet but a tweet? I’ll take this over domestic abuse, DUIs, sexual assault, and the other actual serious issues players succumb to. Complete non-story. 

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

At this point, I'm thinking if Dallas offered a first round pick, they should've just taken it.

I like Adams, but this isn't going to end well. I don't think there's any way he's on this team next year after today.

They should've cut bait today, before it got this ugly. 

Make him suffer. Offer so much, he can’t resist. Make him a lifetime Jet! That’ll teach him!

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Drums said:

People are losing their stuff wanting to trade a great player over a tweet?? Not the best tweet but a tweet? I’ll take this over domestic abuse, DUIs, sexual assault, and the other actual serious issues players succumb to. Complete non-story. 

Great player? Or a butthurt girl on her period? That’s some combination. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not sure I understand what's going on here.  Do we think he's lying in that tweet?  Or are we just upset at him because he smeared the organization by publicizing that he thinks the GM is "going behind his back" when every player has to understand that they can be traded.  

because every player knows they will be traded if the price is right. That a guy who has an emotional outburst in public over that and thinks he was betrayed is a big sign of narcissism. Not something you want in your "leader of men". 

Also, your "best" player having a public spat with the GM tends not to be a good thing and won't increase his trade value. 

• Sympathy 1

This is BIG...  like REAL BIG
oh wait who gives a sh-t...  Joe D just explained it on Kay..  Jets never called anyone but fielded calls:
"Jamal is an absolute stud and I have no interest in moving him"... 

If you’re not interested in trading someone you don’t field calls period.

Joe D is full of sh*t

Jamal expressed his frustration and did not shy away from agreeing with some random Cowboys fan who wanted Jamal on the Cowboys. There are reports from people on twitter (ridiculous, I know) that claim Jamal and his people expressed to the Cowboys they want to be part of that garbage team. Our own SAR reports (in the third person) that someone he carpools to games with that knows the hot dog guy, that once cut Jamal's grade school classmates lawn, knew a kid who once made an illegal bet that said that Jamal won't re-sign with us and wants to play for the Cowboys. So, Jet nation wants him to fall off his moped. Except T0mShane. He still loves the smell of Jamal's jock.

POTW nom

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If you’re not interested in trading someone you don’t field calls period.

Joe D is full of sh*t

Any player can be traded at any time. Only bad GM’s refuse to pick up the phone to entertain offers.

If Dallas offered up two firsts and a 3rd even you would be saying that was a good deal today.
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Any player can be traded at any time. Only bad GM’s refuse to pick up the phone to entertain offers.

If Dallas offered up two firsts and a 3rd even you would be saying that was a good deal today.

No I would not. I’m not like these other miserable old coots on this website who want to fire sale the entire team.

Boomer had good info on the Jamal thing this morning. He reportedly had direct conversations with several teams' officials, and others in the know. The basic gist of things:

-Jets were not actively shopping Adams

-The Jets received calls and did their due diligence and listened.

-The Jets were never close on a deal, and a deal was never taken to ownership.

-Jamal, hearing rumors of Dallas, probably overreacted based on a primal want to possibly being on his hometown team and a contender. (Boomer said he felt the same when he heard rumors of the Jets wanting him--imagine that).

-Jamal's agent helped stir the pot/

-Dallas perpetuated the problem by publishing an article, which they should not have (tampering). Florio outlines that here:

The Cowboys reportedly tried to swing a trade for Jets safety Jamal Adams. We know this in part because the Cowboys published an article and posted a tweet acknowledging their interest.

Cowboys Had Interest, But Couldn’t Land Adams” is the title of the article on the team’s official website. The tweet with the link to the article conveyed the same message.

The article itself says that the Cowboys “reportedly” had interest in Adams, but that’s a nuance not conveyed by the headline or the tweet. Ultimately, the headline and the tweet constitute an expression of interest by the web properties owned and operated by the Cowboys in a player who is under contract with the Jets through 2020, and 2021 if/when the Jets exercise their fifth-year option.

“Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of this Anti-Tampering Policy,” declares the NFL’s Anti-Tampering Policy. In this regard, the policy contains an important caveat: “Articles that appear on the website of a club that identify prospective free agents that the team might be interested in, or that rate prospective free agents, shall not be considered violations of the Anti-Tampering Policy unless they include a direct quote or expression of interest by an employee of the club (other than the author of the article) about a specific player.”

But Adams isn’t a prospective free agent. He won’t be a free agent until 2021 at the earliest or, if the option is exercised, 2022. That exception, which by its terms applies to offseason website articles identifying players that the team may target, has nothing to do with a player who is more than a year — and likely more than two years — from hitting the market.

So what will happen? Undoubtedly, nothing. The NFL has realized that, whether it’s the tampering policy or the injury reporting rules or anything else that teams routinely violate, aggressive enforcement inevitably would result in a stream of acknowledgements that the league is full of cheaters. And that wouldn’t be good for the league, or its oft-cheating teams.

Share this:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is the utter stupidity fanbases across all sports have been reduced to. 

He said it... He put it out there... And now he looks like a whiney bitch.... I agree that all this is dumb... But he sounds like a teenager accusing his friend of sleeping with his girlfriend and to find out.... He was totally wrong and now looks like a jackass

• Thumb Down 1