Jamal Adams is NOT going to last.

Joe D didn't shop him. 

Joe D, after being contacted,  made an offer that they are supposed to refuse.

Joe D hoped they actually accepted the offer because it would be a great haul.

Offer rejected, life goes on.

Jamal's agent says something (supposedly) and then the drama begins.

All in the day and life of the Jets organization and its fan base.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Joe D didn't shop him. 

Joe D, after being contacted,  made an offer that they are supposed to refuse.

Joe D hoped they actually accepted the offer because it would be a great haul.

Offer rejected, life goes on.

Jamal's agent says something (supposedly) and then the drama begins.

All in the day and life of the Jets organization and its fan base.

Jamal also, with 2 years left on his rookie deal, went out of his way to have a meeting with Douglas to tell him he did not want to be traded

Or so we are supposed to believe

• Upvote 3

Just now, Philc1 said:

Jamal also, with 2 years left on his rookie deal, went out of his way to have a meeting with Douglas to tell him he did not want to be traded

Or so we are supposed to believe

That was an interesting tidbit from yesterday's drama.  Why was there a meeting?    Why was trade talk part of the convo?  Something happened for this meeting to occur. 

Did Anderson meet with them too or was his bags packed already, LOL 

We can't just be 1-6 and suck.  We had to bring the spotlight to our circus show and be the talk of the NFL.  And his is right after the Osemele drama.   SHM

• Upvote 2

Douglas may have missed his best chance to get any value for this guy in a 1st round pick.

A 1st a 5th and a 6th to the dolphins for Minkah fitzpatick and a 4th and a 7th rounder.  Essentially a 1st rounder.

In 23 games played 5 ints and 14 passes defended.  Adams in 39 games played 2 ints 23 passes defended.

Minkah generates turnovers and is a bigger difference maker.  In general the league simply does not value these safeties and the teams know what these guys really bring to the table.  We are not going to get a better offer than a first for adams.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, DLJ said:

If you’re not interested in trading someone you don’t field calls period.

Joe D is full of sh*t

What?  Of course you do.  What kind of dumb statement is this?  This team has one win and like 11 over the last 3 years.  If any team is calling you about any player mat any time you pick up the phone and listen.  It's called being a good gm.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

He said it... He put it out there... And now he looks like a whiney bitch.... I agree that all this is dumb... But he sounds like a teenager accusing his friend of sleeping with his girlfriend and to find out.... He was totally wrong and now looks like a jackass

Though probably true, the fanbase make up the majority of his followers which shows how those complaining love the soap opera and want to be notified the moment it happens. 

Over the years we've seen atleast 10 different "Robby Anderson tweeted" threads created on this site solely based on fans following twitter fingers. 

Yeah, Adams put it out there, but folks are following, which means that he has an audience who really love this irrelevant nonsense.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, DLJ said:

If you’re not interested in trading someone you don’t field calls period.

Joe D is full of sh*t

So what's that look like in actuality? 

Joe Douglas sending other GMs to voicemail? Ignoring them? Leaving them on read in a text message? Lol

He isnt doing his job if he doesnt pick up the phone. You would be equally mad if Dallas was offering 5 1st round picks and Joe didnt pick up the phone. I'm sure you would flip your argument for that. 

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You would be equally mad if Dallas was offering 5 1st round picks and Joe didnt pick up the phone. I'm sure you would flip your argument for that. 

She's already said she wouldn't have accepted two firsts + another pick for Adams.  She's off the rails.  

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Alot of times athletes don't even control their own social media accounts I would take these things with a grain of salt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

He was interviewed the same day on Bart and Maggie and completley dodged the question everytime it was asked why he deleted it. It made him sound really bad, all he could say was "I'd rather not focus on distractions." Meanwhile it was him who caused the distraction. That was also his last interview on M&B, he cancelled his contract with them that day bc he couldnt take being asked why he did something so stupid. It was him who did it.

• Upvote 1

Jamal doesn't want to be here, but he also doesn't want to be perceived as a quitter who bailed when the going got tough. So he's going to play this betrayal angle to paint himself as the victim who stood loyal and got backstabbed by big brother. Love what he brings to the field but he has come off pretty immature through all of this.

• Upvote 1

Jamal knows it is going to be rough in Jets-land for awhile and that the Johnsons will likely not extend him. 

Who have the Johnson's successfully extended?  Their track record on long-term extensions is not great in recent years, not since the OL/Harris.  

Finding another team that will trade/extend him is his best option.  The lifespan on an NFL SS is not long.  

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Though probably true, the fanbase make up the majority of his followers which shows how those complaining love the soap opera and want to be notified the moment it happens. 

Over the years we've seen atleast 10 different "Robby Anderson tweeted" threads created on this site solely based on fans following twitter fingers. 

Yeah, Adams put it out there, but folks are following, which means that he has an audience who really love this irrelevant nonsense.

Now he doubled down on this garbage... and keeps the flames going hot.... You still behind this douche-bag?

• Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

What’s funny here is how Jamal unfollows@nyjets on social media followed by teams calling the Jets about his availability..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HE NEVER UNFOLLOWED THE JETS BECAUSE HE NEVER FOLLOWED THEM TO BEGIN WITH.... It was a made up story by a hack blogger that got traction from the media because the entertainer Mehta decided to get more clicks...

• Thumb Down 1

56 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Now he doubled down on this garbage... and keeps the flames going hot.... You still behind this douche-bag?

Absolutely.

This is the Jets front office we're talking about here. Let's not at like they've established some sort of credible history for doing anything right over any random decade you decide to pick. 

Also, this really isnt running hot. Folks just need to find another hobby instead of reading 55 different twitter quotes of the same situation, each spinning their own narrative 55 different ways.

8 hours ago, fullblast said:

Jamal doesn't want to be here, but he also doesn't want to be perceived as a quitter who bailed when the going got tough. So he's going to play this betrayal angle to paint himself as the victim who stood loyal and got backstabbed by big brother. Love what he brings to the field but he has come off pretty immature through all of this.

Pretty much. The Jets boned this by not moving him. I really, really hope the owner didnt nix the deal.

• Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Absolutely.

This is the Jets front office we're talking about here. Let's not at like they've established some sort of credible history for doing anything right over any random decade you decide to pick. 

Also, this really isnt running hot. Folks just need to find another hobby instead of reading 55 different twitter quotes of the same situation, each spinning their own narrative 55 different ways.

This is Joe Douglas.... not The Jets Front Office... Joe Douglas is so credible that every respectable writer and journalist defended Joe before he even took a press conference.

Jets history of FO is bad... Joe Douglas has a very established and long history with many very good front offices. Sure he is new here... by Jamal hasn't even played 3 years.... WTF has he proven... Brady 20+ years... Donald 5 years as one of the most dominate inside lineman the league has seen... Jamal Adams 2+ years of extremely fundamentally sound football. That just gave up 2 ******* TDs on Sunday that cost the Jets the game... 

I think he is a great athlete and I was all for defending him... but acting like a entitled bitch to the media instead of actually being a a leader and adult by going to talk to the man that he thinks disrespected him... He pulls this sh*t?? 

Maybe I just don't get it but not admitting fault here and taking his ball and going home is extremely immature... On top of the fact instead of moving past it... he continually keeps retweeting or posting about it... He is helping to keep this alive...

So TLDR I value Joe Douglas' word >>>>>> Jamal Adams.

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Skeptable said:

This is Joe Douglas.... not The Jets Front Office... Joe Douglas is so credible that every respectable writer and journalist defended Joe before he even took a press conference.

Jets history of FO is bad... Joe Douglas has a very established and long history with many very good front offices. Sure he is new here... by Jamal hasn't even played 3 years.... WTF has he proven... Brady 20+ years... Donald 5 years as one of the most dominate inside lineman the league has seen... Jamal Adams 2+ years of extremely fundamentally sound football. That just gave up 2 ******* TDs on Sunday that cost the Jets the game... 

I think he is a great athlete and I was all for defending him... but acting like a entitled bitch to the media instead of actually being a a leader and adult by going to talk to the man that he thinks disrespected him... He pulls this sh*t?? 

Maybe I just don't get it but not admitting fault here and taking his ball and going home is extremely immature... On top of the fact instead of moving past it... he continually keeps retweeting or posting about it... He is helping to keep this alive...

So TLDR I value Joe Douglas' word >>>>>> Jamal Adams.

Im going to bookmark this comment. 

I'll make sure to come back to it in 3 years. See if it's still relevant. 

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seems extreme to hope Joe Douglas fails so you can prop up Jamal Adams three years from now.

His start has been piss poor. If his talent radar thinks Kaill is my 8 million Center, then his drafting maybe epic and not in a good way.

Although after this year I’ve readjusted my expectations to **** all. Medium term goal is just don’t be the laughingstock of the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

His start has been piss poor. If his talent radar thinks Kaill is my 8 million Center, then his drafting maybe epic and not in a good way.

Although after this year I’ve readjusted my expectations to **** all. Medium term goal is just don’t be the laughingstock of the NFL. 

They needed a center and there were no centers, so they got a five-time Pro Bowler/two-time first team All Pro to un-retire for a year. It’s cost $8 million to get him off the couch. He hasn’t been good, but he’s been their second best offensive lineman after Beachum, who also sucks. If you get a GM job in June and you want to upgrade a roster, those are the kinds of players you get stuck with. If you want to be mad about the state of the center position on the New York Jets, go find the Cracker Barrel that currently employs Mike Maccagnan and talk to him about it. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seems extreme to hope Joe Douglas fails so you can prop up Jamal Adams three years from now.

Seems extreme to hope Jamal Adams fails so you can put down Mike Maccagnan three years after drafting him.

22 hours ago, prime21 said:

That was an interesting tidbit from yesterday's drama.  Why was there a meeting?    Why was trade talk part of the convo?  Something happened for this meeting to occur. 

Did Anderson meet with them too or was his bags packed already, LOL 

We can't just be 1-6 and suck.  We had to bring the spotlight to our circus show and be the talk of the NFL.  And his is right after the Osemele drama.   SHM

Adams is a typical p-ssy millennial like Kristaps Porzinigis addicted to social media and thin skinned

And like Porzinigis he is overrated as f-ck and thinks he can be his own GM

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

this guy scours Twitter to find out every word that is said about him.  Why?  He is a mini-Nixon

Don’t be shocked if he’s a poster on this board

Why watch tape of qbs to figure out how to intercept them when you can play in the internet?

• Upvote 1