Jamal Adams: Jets “Went Behind my Back, Shopped me”

2 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

You misread. We wanted a 1 and 2 2s. Slater said Dallas offered a 1 and a day 3 pick

Yeah and screw that offer. I was gonna say should’ve take the 1 but f that. 

Also I believe Douglas. He just took calls he didn’t actively shop these guys. Leo was the only one. He didn’t wanna trade them but that’s his job as a GM. Listen to all offers. If you want him so bad, make it worth it. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Beerfish said:

Has there ever been a player that contributed so little to winning football games that got so much press and attention.

We'll end up getting a 2nd rounder for thus schmuck at the draft next year after he continues to cause issues.

Yup.  You could live with this stuff if he got interceptions or forced fumbles.  JAG+ on-field isn't cutting it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I've always been an Adams supporter until this tweet came out.

Now, I'm sorry they didn't ake the Dallas offer. This guy isn't going to be here next season after what went down today.

They should've just cut bait and moved on before it got ugly, and now it's going to fester for 9 more weeks...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

From ProFootballRumors.com:

October 29th, 2019 at 5:21pm CST by Zach Links

The Jets thought about trading Jamal Adams before the deadline, but, ultimately, they held on to him. After the dust settled, Adams took to social media to clear the air.

Well, sort of:

At the end of the week last week, I sat down with the GM [Joe Douglas] and coach [Adam] Gase and told them I want to be here in New York,” Adams said, on Twitter. “I was told yesterday by my agent that the GM then went behind my back and shopped me around to teams, even after I asked him to keep me here! Crazy business. Any reports of me asking to be traded from the New York Jets are completely false.”

Even though Adams was not traded before the bell rang on Tuesday, the rumble is just getting started. Douglas attempted to clarify that this is a miscommunication, indicating the Jets listened to offers for Adams — rather than shop him around (Twitter link via SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano). Adams tweeted he did not ask the Jets for a trade.

Ultimately, the Jets’ asking price was too high for either the Cowboys or Ravens. Douglas sought a first-rounder and two seconds for the standout safety, per Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (Twitter link). The Cowboys offered a first and a Day 3 pick, Jane Slater of NFL.com adds (via Twitter).

Take it as you will.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Has there ever been a player that contributed so little to winning football games that got so much press and attention.

We'll end up getting a 2nd rounder for thus schmuck at the draft next year after he continues to cause issues.

I can't believe I fell for this idiot.  I'm calling Fanatics to see if I can return his jersey.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

C'mon guys twitter is bad enough.

Stop reacting to he-said/she-said BS.

We're not in middle school.

Jamal is executing an Antonio Brown exit strategy but in a more creative, passive-aggressive manner.  He must have a social media coach.

Watch for the fake injury on Sunday that will put him out for the rest of the season and protect his capital for the offseason when Joe D moves him to Dallas.  It'll be his frozen feet moment.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This just in: Jamal Adams believes hes Ronnie Lott.

His tape, record and mentality say otherwise....

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I had the opportunity to meet adams and dude was amped about playing for the jets-now if I was him I would be saying to my agent get me the F out of here-this is a clown show-terrible coach and a roster that is getting worse not better which happened while Gase was in Miami. Our best player is bell without question and Gase made it known he did not want bell and felt the money was not worth it

• Thumb Down 2

Jamal Adams slams Jets GM Joe Douglas after NFL trade deadline

October 29, 2019 | 6:12pm | Updated

Jamal Adams went after Joe Douglas on Twitter following Tuesday’s NFL trade deadline, saying the first-year Jets GM “went behind my back and shopped me around to teams, even after I asked him to keep me here.”

The Jets were said to be listening to offers for Adams, with the Cowboys and Ravens heavily interested in the 24-year-old star safety.

Adams, a Texas native, said reports of him requesting a trade were not true.

“At the end of the week last week, I sat down with the GM and Coach (Adam) Gase and told them I want to be here in New York,” Adams tweeted. “I was told yesterday by my agent that the GM then went behind my back and shopped me around to teams, even after I asked him to keep me here! Crazy business.”

In response to Adams’ tweets, Douglas said on ESPN’s “The Michael Kay Show” that Adams was fed incorrect information and that he did not actively shop Adams.

“I don’t take it personally,” Douglas said of Adams’ tweets.

Enlarge Image Jamal AdamsTwitter

Douglas added, “You listen to every call that comes in on every player unless its a franchise quarterback.”

The Jets are 1-6, and were said to be open to trading everyone aside from second-year franchise quarterback Sam Darnold and 2019 third overall pick, defensive tackle Quinnen Williams.

“On the players that were leaked out today,” Douglas told reporters before his ESPN appearance, “those aren’t players we were shopping… there was no firesale, there’s no garage sale going on with these players ”

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I can't believe I fell for this idiot.  I'm calling Fanatics to see if I can return his jersey.

SAR I

and what jersey would you get-the last viable jersey was revis for 3 years-reason why half the stadium wears the namath even though they were not alive or were young when he played

• Upvote 1