Jamal Adams: Jets “Went Behind my Back, Shopped me”

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Dude probably had his bags packed and had someone whip up a photoshop of him wearing Cowboys gear already, then got burned when the Cowboys backed out. Classic self-own by Victor Green Lite.

Victor Green was a badass... that is a serious insult to him

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also, and this is no small thing, this is what happens when you hire people that are respected around the league like Douglas seems to be: the media will do your knife-fighting for you: 

This is true. Separately, I don't understand why Jamal different have his social managed by his reps to avoid this stuff...

2 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

Exactly. Dude is gone in March

I think Douglas has just shown, when was under pressure due to the 1-6 record, that he's not going to give players away. He'll hold on to players unless he receives fair value. Teams are not going to give up fair value for a SS as we've just seen or next year before the draft. Adams is here until his option year which we may pick up but Douglas will not give him a big long term second contract. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I think Douglas has just shown, when was under pressure due to the 1-6 record, that he's not going to give players away. He'll hold on to players unless he receives fair value. Teams are not going to give up fair value for a SS as we've just seen or next year before the draft. Adams is here until his option year which we may pick up but Douglas will not give him a big long term second contract. 

I am not sure I understand this post. 

Yes, Douglas didn't get railroaded into taking sh*t deals, but neither did Maccagnan, or even Idzik.  At first we thought they were smart and shrewd, but it turned out they just coulnd't pull the trigger.  Also, if teams are "not going to give up fair value for a SS" then you are overvaluing that player/position.   The Giants couldn't move Landon Collins, but if he is worth 6/$84M with $31M guaranteed then Adams on a rookie contract is certainly worth some serious draft capital. 

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not sure I understand this post. 

Yes, Douglas didn't get railroaded into taking sh*t deals, but neither did Maccagnan, or even Idzik.  At first we thought they were smart and shrewd, but it turned out they just coulnd't pull the trigger.  Also, if teams are "not going to give up fair value for a SS" then you are overvaluing that player/position.   The Giants couldn't move Landon Collins, but if he is worth 6/$84M with $31M guaranteed then Adams on a rookie contract is certainly worth some serious draft capital. 

I didn't mean to say that the SS position has a high value, just that it has a fair value. If as it was reported that Dallas offered a 1st and mid round pick I believe Douglas would have jumped on it. SS's are not worth that much.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I didn't mean to say that the SS position has a high value, just that it has a fair value. If as it was reported that Dallas offered a 1st and mid round pick I believe Douglas would have jumped on it. SS's are not worth that much.

@Pac Why the down vote? What problem do you have with the post?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why is anyone surprised by any of this.  Show me another organization owned by bigger morons than the Johnson's and where the HC hires the GM. 

Jamal Adams exposes more dysfunction. 

Wait, so Jamal is the hero in this story to you?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Pro football is a business.

A guy who's dad was a Heisman Trophy winner but a failure as a NFL player knows that. The Jets have no obligation to run their franchise to make any player happy over anything they can do to make their talent base and thus the franchise better. No hard feelings, Jamal-IT'S A BUSINESS. And in a few years when he's looking for a max money long term contract, he'll know-IT'S A BUSINESS. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup.

He’s more of an influencer. You can be an influencer and it can be a bad or good thing. Leadership is broader than just influence, imo.

Yeah, I think McLendon is the most perfect example of difference with leadership you can ask for.  He has anything but a big mouth, works his ass off, and is clearly absolutely beloved by the entire locker room (not just the defense).  Not so coincidentally, he was also the first guy to get a new contract out of Douglas.  Definitely a totally different situation than Adams' (good, bad, or indifferent).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If Adams is telling the truth here (he’s not), the only reason an employer would have the buy-in speech with an employee is if the employee wasn’t buying in and you have to find out why. So either Adams is covering his ass about the Cowboys thing, or it’s because he had to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with upper management. 

I can see Douglas sitting him down and saying, “Look, we’ve got offers coming in so we’re going to look at them.” To which Adams could reply, “I want to stay.” But the way he’s framing it, he- the leader of men- sat his bosses down declaring his unwavering desire to be Jet. Dude is softening corners trying to make himself look good. What a child.

You idiots are reading too deeply looking for subtext in a tweet. All the dude said was he wanted to be here and he was lied to— and this has you all chomping at the bit?

You all claimed he asked to be traded— that was refuted by this tweet... he’s the best player we have on this sh*t team. Better than your golden boy Darnold. But you all hate him. I don’t get it, he’s not problematic. Hasn’t gotten suspended, or had any off the field issues. He didn’t draft himself at 6. Not sure what your problem is with our only all pro player.