Jamal Adams: Jets “Went Behind my Back, Shopped me”

You idiots are reading too deeply looking for subtext in a tweet. All the dude said was he wanted to be here and he was lied to— and this has you all chomping at the bit?

You all claimed he asked to be traded— that was refuted by this tweet... he’s the best player we have on this sh*t team. Better than your golden boy Darnold. But you all hate him. I don’t get it, he’s not problematic. Hasn’t gotten suspended, or had any off the field issues. He didn’t draft himself at 6. Not sure what your problem is with our only all pro player.

Literally nothing above is based in the reality of what happened. You’re off the rails.

Meanwhile, lots of people here have already decided they’re ready to move on from Sam. This isn’t Sam vs Jamal.

• Upvote 1

Literally nothing above is based in the reality of what happened. You’re off the rails.

Meanwhile, lots of people here have already decided they’re ready to move on from Sam. This isn’t Sam vs Jamal.

So who’s lying?

IMG_0164.JPG

41 minutes ago, DLJ said:

You idiots are reading too deeply looking for subtext in a tweet. All the dude said was he wanted to be here and he was lied to— and this has you all chomping at the bit?

You all claimed he asked to be traded— that was refuted by this tweet... he’s the best player we have on this sh*t team. Better than your golden boy Darnold. But you all hate him. I don’t get it, he’s not problematic. Hasn’t gotten suspended, or had any off the field issues. He didn’t draft himself at 6. Not sure what your problem is with our only all pro player.

Three different people are saying the complete opposite and claim the sources are Jamal or someone close to him.  Multiple sources have stated that the Jets were NOT actively shopping him and they listened to a single offer and told them "no thanks."  If the Jets WERE actually shopping him, there would have been a deal made. Especially when you look at what Minkah Fitzpatrick got in a return. 

Jamal is a f*cking fraud and this comes from someone who defended and loved the guy up until he decided to pull the sh*t he pulled today.  He comes off as someone who is  pissed that he didn't get what he wanted, so now he's going to malcontent his way out of here after the season is up.

F*ck Jamal Adams.  He thinks he is above the laundry, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If Adams is telling the truth here (he’s not), the only reason an employer would have the buy-in speech with an employee is if the employee wasn’t buying in and you have to find out why. So either Adams is covering his ass about the Cowboys thing, or it’s because he had to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with upper management. 

IMG_0164.JPG

According to our new gm— he’s in our “future plans”

5 minutes ago, DLJ said:

So who’s lying?

IMG_0164.JPG

Jamal is lying since he's the one claiming that Douglas "went behind his back and shopped him".

Even if he isn't lying and it was a simple miscommunication, he should shut his f*cking mouth and keep it private.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Three different people are saying the complete opposite and claim the sources are Jamal or someone close to him.  Multiple sources have stated that the Jets were NOT actively shopping him and they listened to a single offer and told them "no thanks."  If the Jets WERE actually shopping him, there would have been a deal made. Especially when you look at what Minkah Fitzpatrick got in a return. 
Jamal is a f*cking fraud and this comes from someone who defended and loved the guy up until he decided to pull the sh*t he pulled today.  He comes off as someone who is  pissed that he didn't get what he wanted, so now he's going to malcontent his way out of here after the season is up.
F*ck Jamal Adams.

What sh*t did he pull? He tweeted. Clearly there is misinformation on both sides.
The jets should’ve pulled the trigger and traded him to a contender so he can be rid of the assholes who call themselves fans of this franchise — jets fans don’t deserve sh*t but the nonsense we do get on sundays.

16 minutes ago, DLJ said:

What sh*t did he pull? He tweeted. Clearly there is misinformation on both sides.
The jets should’ve pulled the trigger and traded him to a contender so he can be rid of the assholes who call themselves fans of this franchise — jets fans don’t deserve sh*t but the nonsense we do get on sundays.

If something is said to you with ZERO clarification from the person in charge, he shouldn't "tWeEt" his f*cking grievances, he should go to Douglas and ask him "Hey man, what's up, you said I was a cornerstone and now you're shopping me?". There was no "misinformation" on both sides.  It came out wellllllllll before the tweet was made, from multiple sources, that he wasn't actually being shopped and Jamal still tweeted.  All he had to do was ask "what's going on" and he would have gotten his answer.

Nah, that's not Jamal though.  Jamal has the maturity of a kindergartener.  Jamal has to take to Twitter, make the whole organization look bad over something that wasn't even true, try and put himself in the positive light, and make it all about himself.

The only a**hole here is the one that did what he did.

If something is said to you with ZERO clarification from the person in charge, he shouldn't "tWeEt" his f*cking grievances, he should go to Douglas and ask him "Hey man, what's up, you said I was a cornerstone and now you're shopping me?". There was no "misinformation" on both sides.  It came out wellllllllll before the tweet was made, from multiple sources, that he wasn't actually being shopped and Jamal still tweeted.

Nah, that's not Jamal though.  Jamal has the maturity of a kindergartener.  Jamal has to take to Twitter, make the whole organization look bad over something that wasn't even true, try and put himself in the positive light, and make it all about himself.

The only a**hole here is the one that did what he did.

The organization has looked bad for half a century— it doesn’t need Jamal’s help in that regard. Ownership, management and coaching is a complete joke.

The sh*t they pulled with denying osemele clearance for surgery is 10x worse than a tweet.

11 minutes ago, DLJ said:

The organization has looked bad for half a century— it doesn’t need Jamal’s help in that regard. Ownership, management and coaching is a complete joke.

The sh*t they pulled with denying osemele clearance for surgery is 10x worse than a tweet.

So now we're going with something completely irrelevant to the issue at hand to defend Jamal just being a flat out dickhead fraud.

Got it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

So now we're going with something completely irrelevant to the issue at hand to defend Jamal just being a flat out dickhead fraud.
Got it.

How is it irrelevant? You stated Jamal made the organization look bad and I gave examples of how that isn’t even close to being the case.

You guys just have your pitch forks out for Adams, I get it. Just trade everyone and start from scratch. Who cares if we suck for another 5 decades— choir boys only for this team.
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, DLJ said:

How is it irrelevant? You stated Jamal made the organization look bad and I gave examples of how that isn’t even close to being the case.

You guys just have your pitch forks out for Adams, I get it. Just trade everyone and start from scratch. Who cares if we suck for another 5 decades— choir boys only for this team.

So adding gasoline to a small flame is perfectly acceptable, being that it's technically a fire.  Got it.  F*ck it, let's burn the whole house down while we're at it since we had our first medical grievance in, what, 60 years?  With a guy that just comes off sour that he got benched and would have probably played through the injury if we didn't suck and he was still starting?  Why not?

Pitch forks?  I have defended the guy up and down, left and right, on this very forum, against the same people who have had it out for him since day one, until him and his 14 year old girl antics became too much to defend.  Also, newsflash, he's been here three years and we've sucked with him.  He doesn't make nearly as large of an impact as you think he does when it comes to record.  He's a good, dare I say great, player at a non impact position that doesn't affect the win-loss column.  If he was traded, it would have zero effect on our current record and our record going forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I see that point too but Im not sure how much these guys need to be "motivated" by one of their peers.  Yes there are always guys like Ray Lewis who are vocal and also HOF level players and have football intellect.  But I think the players respect and need a player like Mosley a lot more then they do Adams who seems like a "leader" but is constantly doing things that dont display true leadership.

Ray Lewis could very well be the greatest onfield and locker room motivator of all time. You’d see him pumping up and encouraging all facets of the team, not just defense. Jamal couldn’t hold his jock.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

too much chaff to believe anyone on this.  it did look like adams was plenty disgruntled after the loss on sunday and he said he was tired of losing.  he also made reference to 3 years of it.  sounds like a guy who was ready to move to a winning team.  the cowgirls would've been perfect for im and it sounds like the jets were trying to do him a favor.  they could have tried to send him to any other team.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Do these Adams tweets really resonate with anyone? What the hell was he thinking? He cares way too much about social media. Win games, make an impact and then build your “brand”

Hopefully Douglas can still get a first and a third for him in the offseason 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DLJ said:

IMG_0164.JPG

According to our new gm— he’s in our “future plans”

It certainly sounds like Jamal Adams wanted to end up a Cowboy yesterday and the Jets wanted to end up with a bunch of picks in 2020, but neither got what they wanted and now they’re both spinning. The ultimate reason both parties are disappointed is the same: Adams isn’t worth all that much around the league and now they both know it. Douglas quote conspicuously called Robby Anderson and LeVeon Bell to smooth things over, but he didn’t call Adams, which makes you think there’s an element of FU from the Jets side, and a major case of butthurt from Adams. Add to it that both parties admitted to having a sit-down about Adams’ future with the club, and I think the picture you get is that he’s disgruntled and wants out, but Douglas couldn’t find any takers willing to give up more than a low-first round pick, which was an eye-opener for everyone. Bottom line is that they’re now stuck in an arranged marriage until Douglas can find an opening to dump Adams for, like, a two and a four and send him on his way. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It certainly sounds like Jamal Adams wanted to end up a Cowboy yesterday and the Jets wanted to end up with a bunch of picks in 2020, but neither got what they wanted and now they’re both spinning. The ultimate reason both parties are disappointed is the same: Adams isn’t worth all that much around the league and now they both know it. Douglas quote conspicuously called Robby Anderson and LeVeon Bell to smooth things over, but he didn’t call Adams, which makes you think there’s an element of FU from the Jets side, and a major case of butthurt from Adams. Add to it that both parties admitted to having a sit-down about Adams’ future with the club, and I think the picture you get is that he’s disgruntled and wants out, but Douglas couldn’t find any takers willing to give up more than a low-first round pick, which was an eye-opener for everyone. Bottom line is that they’re now stuck in an arranged marriage until Douglas can find an opening to dump Adams for, like, a two and a four and send him on his way. 

So much conjecture. Even for you.

• Upvote 1

If Adams was taking so much issue with being "shopped", why was there no tweet from him in the hours leading up to the deadline?  Adams is social-media obsessed but couldn't be bothered to provide his reactions until after the deadline when it became clear he wasn't traded?

Come on.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If Adams was taking so much issue with being "shopped", why was there no tweet from him in the hours leading up to the deadline?  Adams is social-media obsessed but couldn't be bothered to provide his reactions until after the deadline when it became clear he wasn't traded?

Come on.  

I believe what Boomer said this morning that Dallas was pressuring the Jets by creating a situation where they knew Adams would have some interest in playing for them, they created a buzz around him being traded (actually tampering), and tried to force the Jets into making a trade that would be less than value.

Dallas was trolling the Jets here. And, apparently Jet fans too.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Its harder to make a trade in season. Adams is under contract so no rush. Once teams have a better idea of their rosters in the off season we should have no issue moving him for a 1 + more.

I think it is the exact opposite with non premium positions.

Teams in desperate to win now mode in season will offer more than when they sit back look at their team and say, hey we can get a SS in the 4th round or hey look at that guy in Fa who we can get.