Jamal Adams: Jets “Went Behind my Back, Shopped me”

26 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Honestly, and not saying this like you personally don’t understand, but in broad scope, Adams is by definition, a locker room leader...ie within the walls of the locker this is the guy. He is, like it or not. Now for context, yeah he’s a leader in a sense that’s it football with 56 mostly degenerate, steroid infused, millionaire kids in giant bodies who barely have to use their brain and get whatever they want in life. 

I don’t know why people even care about the NFL anymore

Maybe the Jets are 10-29 since Jamal Adams was drafted because Jamal Adams is the de facto locker room leader. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe the Jets are 10-29 since Jamal Adams was drafted because Jamal Adams is the de facto locker room leader. 

The type of guy Jamal is works when they’re part of a winning franchise. Veteran leaders who are good players at secondary positions make good teams championship teams and make sh*t franchises still franchises bc sh*t franchises are sh*t franchises who’s only hope is striking lucky rich on a HC and elite QB.

12 minutes ago, BCJet said:

2 hours ago I would have supported this narrative, but I no longer can.  This tweet was selfish, dumb and most importantly served no purpose except to hurt the team, he didnt even stand to gain from it like athletes do if they are negotiating something.  

You want out, tweet something negative last night so we can ship you out today.  Instead, you whine like a b*tch that Joe D went "behind your back" as if you are Tom Brady and are untradeable.  This tweet hurts his relationship with the fans, the front office, his coach - and oh by the way, you played your worst game of the year sunday and had 2 15 yard penalties.  

Absolutely disgusting response to a regular part of this business.  I hope we dump his ass before the draft.

No I’m with you. I’m just saying inside the walls of 56 players this doesn’t mean sh*t. Just saying his “leadership” falls there. Not to the franchise, team or fans. But agreed, he can gfh 

37 minutes ago, Pac said:

yup..  Jamal has to come out and say he was mistaken on this and let his emotions get the better of him.

I love the way Adams plays the game.  he is a great player but I got this strange feeling this is all his low key way off actually wanting to be traded.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Honestly, and not saying this like you personally don’t understand, but in broad scope, Adams is by definition, a locker room leader...ie within the walls of the locker this is the guy. He is, like it or not. Now for context, yeah he’s a leader in a sense that’s it football with 56 mostly degenerate, steroid infused, millionaire kids in giant bodies who barely have to use their brain and get whatever they want in life. 

I don’t know why people even care about the NFL anymore

Oh, I definitely understand that he is looked at as a leader, but that doesn’t equate to demonstrating good leadership. That’s the delicious irony of all this, to me. Well, that and the facts it’s another topic that gets Pac to project his emo about it to others here.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, I definitely understand that he is looked at as a leader, but that doesn’t equate to demonstrating good leadership. That’s the delicious irony of all this, to me. Well, that and the facts it’s another topic that gets Pac to project his emo about it to others here.

I know you know. Im j/s I think people get “locker room leader” and “leader of a franchise” confused. They’re two very different things...

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, HessStation said:

No I’m with you. I’m just saying inside the walls of 56 players this doesn’t mean sh*t. Just saying his “leadership” falls there. Not to the franchise, team or fans. But agreed, he can gfh 

I see that point too but Im not sure how much these guys need to be "motivated" by one of their peers.  Yes there are always guys like Ray Lewis who are vocal and also HOF level players and have football intellect.  But I think the players respect and need a player like Mosley a lot more then they do Adams who seems like a "leader" but is constantly doing things that dont display true leadership.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I know you know. Im j/s I think people get “locker room leader” and “leader of a franchise” confused. They’re two very different things...

Yup.

He’s more of an influencer. You can be an influencer and it can be a bad or good thing. Leadership is broader than just influence, imo.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

I see that point too but Im not sure how much these guys need to be "motivated" by one of their peers.  Yes there are always guys like Ray Lewis who are vocal and also HOF level players and have football intellect.  But I think the players respect and need a player like Mosley a lot more then they do Adams who seems like a "leader" but is constantly doing things that dont display true leadership.

Can totally see your point. I’ve never been in an NFL locker room so who knows what he’s really thought of by teammates. I don’t care anymore either tbh. **** the guy atp

Jamal lost a bit of capital with some Jets fans today. Definitely lost some with me. He keeps talking about how he doesn't come from losing. I can honestly see him asking out unless we turn it around which I don't see happening for another couple of years. Best to just trade him this offseason while we can still get solid value for him. The 1st and two 2nds that's being reported seems fair. I was hoping for two first. But I could see how that's too much. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Jamal Adams showing his true colors. Looks like he tried to force a deal to the Cowboys and the Jets didn't blink. They stuck to their guns and now Adams is doing damage control. Adams is as good as gone. Traded by Draft Day next April.

Adams is turning into another Kristaps Porzingis

Overrated diva who thinks he’s too special for NY

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

Jamal lost a bit of capital with some Jets fans today. Definitely lost some with me. He keeps talking about how he doesn't come from losing. I can honestly see him asking out unless we turn it around which I don't see happening for another couple of years. Best to just trade him this offseason while we can still get solid value for him. The 1st and two 2nds that's being reported seems fair. I was hoping for two first. But I could see how that's too much. 

He could make up for this by picking off Fitzgarbage and Jones next 2 weeks

But he wont 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Viermoo said:

Jamal Adams is easily the best player on this team and has been the only guy to bring any sense of energy to the field in years. Those who think he’s not great simply don’t know and have obviously never coached football at any level.

So you're saying Douglas is incompetent then? Bold.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Why would he sit down with Gase and Douglas to tell them he wanted to stay? 

If Adams is telling the truth here (he’s not), the only reason an employer would have the buy-in speech with an employee is if the employee wasn’t buying in and you have to find out why. So either Adams is covering his ass about the Cowboys thing, or it’s because he had to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with upper management. 

• Sympathy 1