Jamal Adams: Jets “Went Behind my Back, Shopped me”

I understand being upset but Adams really looks like a clown dragging this on. It's Friday, there's a game on Sunday, and he still won't talk to the coach? Dude, it's pro sports. Guys get cut, traded, signed every day. Every team is trying to get better. You aren't special is something he apparently hasn't heard much in his life.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I hope we can still get high draft picks for him in the off-season. I don't see how you repair this.

There's no repairing it. He'll be traded for a 1st which will accelerate our OL rebuild and lead to more wins than extending him would. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If Johnson sides with Adams on this, you may as well fire Joe Douglas right now. You cannot allow any one player to subvert the chain of command or it completely neuters everyone who needs to be in charge of the locker room. Tom Brady did this to Belichick by going to Kraft about Garopollo and Belichick responded by giving Garropollo away for a second rounder. It's now incumbent upon Gase and Douglas to squash Adams like a bug or the locker room will roll over on them. Perilous times. 

Wow. Just wow.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Yea I just hope we get more than a first for him

at this point securing a 1st is fine by me. The longer this continues the longer other front offices realize that he's a delusional narcissist further diminishing his trade value, make the asking price a 1 and trade whichever offering team has the highest pick. The charade is over we know who his is now cut the poison out and move on 

I don't see this as a big deal at all. So many hyped players have huge egos and act like primadonnas. It just comes with the territory of having players thinking highly of themselves and absorbing favor from sports media. Maybe as Jets fans we are not so used to being around good players to experience much of it but this idea that we need players who are great on the field and these humble, consummate professionals is silly. Most of the players you think fit that mold are just good actors when the cameras are on. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

I don't see this as a big deal at all. So many hyped players have huge egos and act like primadonnas. It just comes with the territory of having players thinking highly of themselves and absorbing favor from sports media. Maybe as Jets fans we are not so used to being around good players to experience much of it but this idea that we need players who are great on the field and these humble, consummate professionals is silly. Most of the players you think fit that mold are just good actors when the cameras are on. 

Can you name another player that's got this outsized a primadonna to production ratio?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

He still went to him right? Am I missing something? Did Johnson summon him? If not Adams has no business going outside the chain of command like that. Just another sh*t way of handling the situation. 

His feelings? Be a damn Man about it. Wow this guy looks like a bigger douchebag everyday. Somebody needs to pull him aside and give him the heads-up. He has too many people around him telling him he's right and all this bullsh*t. This is going to end VERY badly.

It's on Adams for going to the owner.

It's on the owner for allowing it.   When Adams said, "I need to talk to you" the response should have been, "have you spoken with your coach or GM yet?"

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

yeah so he never said that he hasn't talked to his coach this week..  he said he hasn't talked about this topic.  I think Gase actually prefers it that way as human interaction doesn't appear to be one of his strong suits.

he also chuckled and admitted he's being emotional about it and made a point to shoot down whoever asked him the loaded question about not respecting Douglas or Gase.

the never ending posts about the relationship being irreparable are way overstated.  it's going to end with either an offseason extension or trade with a huge return.  win win. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"I’ve coached a lot better people than you before."

-- Gregg Williams

"Jamal will go down as one of the favorite players I've ever coached.  I love coaching him"

-- Gregg Williams in response to a question about Adams in todays press conference.

he then went on to describe a play by Adams in last weeks game he called "special" and said you can't coach that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

at this point securing a 1st is fine by me. The longer this continues the longer other front offices realize that he's a delusional narcissist further diminishing his trade value, make the asking price a 1 and trade whichever offering team has the highest pick. The charade is over we know who his is now cut the poison out and move on 

Do you think the other 31 GMs don't have access to the internet? They see what's going on with Adams.

I said it at the time, you will never get better than what the Cowboys offered for Adams on Tuesday. They should've taken that 1 and ran.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Ok, Scott. Go:

Nothing, Tom. You just always amaze me with your ability to make circumstance fit your own predisposed opinion of that situation, and then elevate it to a tangent that defies belief. Fable making, as it were.

It is always interesting. Well done. Sometimes you hit. Sometimes you miss spectacularly.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Nothing, Tom. You just always amaze me with your ability to make circumstance fit your own predisposed opinion of that situation, and then elevate it to a tangent that defies belief. Fable making, as it were.

It is always interesting. Well done. Sometimes you hit. Sometimes you miss spectacularly.

It’s a skill, to be sure. Thanks 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I understand being upset but Adams really looks like a clown dragging this on. It's Friday, there's a game on Sunday, and he still won't talk to the coach? Dude, it's pro sports. Guys get cut, traded, signed every day. Every team is trying to get better. You aren't special is something he apparently hasn't heard much in his life.

Players always talk about how it's a business until there's a "business" aspect that they don't like

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1