Different Reactions to the Trade Rumors

JetNation

Robby Anderson - Not Leaving

The NFL trade deadline has come and gone, along the way we saw plenty of speculation and drama. Le’Veon Bell, Jamal Adams and Robby Anderson were all rumored to be part of trade discussions. There were a few classic reactions after the trade deadline passed and it became clear all three players would remain with the Jets.

Robby Anderson tweeted this clip from Wolf of Wall Street. “You know what I’m not leaving, i’m not leaving. The show goes on, this is my home. Their going to need a wrecking ball to take me out of here”. Simpy put this is one of the best tweets we have ever seen, great job Robby.

?✈? pic.twitter.com/R7WCgYq9sO

— Robby Anderson (@youngamazing9) October 29, 2019

Le’Veon Bell recorded his own message saying he wants to be a Jet and patience is what he is asking for. Have to say, there was a lot of talk about Le’Veon being a bad teammate. This guy has been nothing short of incredible here. The results on the field have been terrible, there are no running lanes but he refuses to point fingers or place blame.

patience is key… pic.twitter.com/ajE7NnNbFx

— Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) October 29, 2019

Jamal Adams had a stronger reaction to the trade rumors. We wrote a post explaining what Jamal said, basically called Joe Douglas a liar. Said he met with Douglas and claims Douglas tried to train him, “behind his back”.

Joe Douglas had a different take.

Re: Jamal tweet, Joe Douglas tells Michael Kay that he had a good conversation with Jamal last week and claims the team made no calls to deal Adams, but he did field calls from other teams.

— Glenn Naughton (@AceFan23) October 29, 2019

Chris Mortenson seems to back up the Joe Douglas version.

GM Joe Douglas did not shop him around. He did listen to some very interested teams and turned down significant offers, based on teams I spoke with. https://t.co/0KlcFOkeuO

— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) October 29, 2019

Be sure to stop by our NY Jets forum and let us know what you think.

The post Different Reactions to the Trade Rumors appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
GX7VnOcJGqE

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Jamal will speak with JD tomorrow.  All will be explained.  Jamal will tweet something positive and all will be well in Jet land.

The youth today just reacts to quickly on the twitters w/o thinking.  

A mistake by Jamal, but a small one.  No worries.

Publicly calling your gm a liar on social media ....   chick traits

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Publicly calling your gm a liar on social media ....   chick traits

That's just it though.  It was on social media.

Honestly only @ssholes use twitter.  Use it for advertising and fun posts like Robby did.  But tweeting "important" stuff?  Just seems foolish.

Doesn't mean much.  No one should pay much attention.

• Sympathy 1

Well Douglas did say in a NY Post article that he doesn't take it personally. The thing is Adams tweets have taken the untouchable tag off of him IMO. If the Jets get an offer to their liking Adams is as good as gone.

I feel Jamal tried to orchestrate a trade to the Cowboys. When the Jets didn't blink and take a trade offer they felt was lacking Adams did his damage control.  Now he may have a clear the air meeting with Douglas and Co it still will not make a difference. The Jets will remember this little fiasco and Adams will no longer get the benefit of the doubt. I fully expect a lengthy holdout by this guy next year and the Jets will respond accordingly. This will not end well if Adams is still a Jet come TC next season. Leader of men my butt.

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

If the Jets get an offer to their liking Adams is as good as gone.

I think that statement is true for any player. But the offer has to be “to their liking” Football, all sports really, are performance based endeavors. Douglas obviously thought Jamal’s talents on the field are greater than the compensation offered. Would he trade Sam for 3 #1’s? I would. When Douglas said he was raised to “take all calls” I believe him. He didn’t come across all smug and “I know more than you” like McCougar always did. He seems sincere, respectful, and probably even thanked the callers for the offer. Jamal just needs to play football well and Douglas will just shake his head like I do when one my kids mess up. 

People who coin thier own nickname and focus so much on self promotion are often insecure wounded children at thier core. JA's reaction to this seems consistant 

Great reaction by Robby and Bell though.

2 of these guys seem to have leadership qualities

• Upvote 2

all douglas has to say to adams is "if you want to be a leader then act like one".  if adams asks how, douglas can go down the line of not getting stupid penalties, understand the facts before shooting off one's mouth and so on.  when i heard adams presser following the jax game it was pretty apparent adams wanted to name names but he restrained himself.  i can see the talking heads like maneesh getting in this guys head.

10 hours ago, Mike135 said:

That's just it though.  It was on social media.

Honestly only @ssholes use twitter.  Use it for advertising and fun posts like Robby did.  But tweeting "important" stuff?  Just seems foolish.

Doesn't mean much.  No one should pay much attention.

How old are you? Seventy-plus?

This reads like a guy claiming that whole “inter web” thing will never take off in 1994.

Discounting social media in 2019. Wow.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This reads like a guy claiming that whole “inter web” thing will never take off in 1994.

"All these damn horseless carriages clogging up the streets. How are kids supposed to roll a barrel hoop down the road with a stick nowadays?"

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Would ya believe I'm a software/web developer too?  Ha, I just hate this social media BS.  It has turned much of us into gossip girls.  It's not healthy to have your every momentary thought available for the world to see.

24292dee594a1c13962e80d44f4107577846a3da

I'm 40 btw.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Jamal will speak with JD tomorrow.  All will be explained.  Jamal will tweet something positive and all will be well in Jet land.

The youth today just reacts to quickly on the twitters w/o thinking.  

A mistake by Jamal, but a small one.  No worries.

Jamal is a Jets for the rest of 2019, and if the Jets choose so, he'll be a Jets in 2020 and 2021 (his 5th year option).  They can also franchise tag him for a 6th season at an economical price (today's rate) of about $11-12M because he's a Safety.  It's certainly his prerogative to hold out if he wants but I think the earliest that would happen is going into his 5th year option season.

He's a Jet...unless Joey D. sends him packing in April for Draft picks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Joe Douglas did not seem too worried about it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Joe is a cool customer, a level-headed guy.  He knows how this stuff works.

It's like the telephone game in elementary school....somebody says something to somebody else who then tells another front office guy who then tells a reporter and then by the time it hits Twitter its something like, "The Jets are trading a 2017 Draft pick for Elvis Presley."

Joe know that agents are scum anyway.

Jamal is an emotional person.  He wears his heart on his sleeve.  Just because most of us who have never been a star NFL player wouldn't react the same way doesn't mean he shouldn't either.  

While I may not have reacted the way he did, I have no problem for Jamal reacting that way.  I don't know what's like to not know whether I'm going to be in New York one week or Dallas.  

He has been a great teammate for the time he has been here and one little mishap and everyone bashes the guy.  Crazy!  

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Would ya believe I'm a software/web developer too?  Ha, I just hate this social media BS.  It has turned much of us into gossip girls.  It's not healthy to have your every momentary thought available for the world to see.

24292dee594a1c13962e80d44f4107577846a3da

I'm 40 btw.

Lol I agree with you. I too shake my cane at clouds. +1

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

Jamal is an emotional person.  He wears his heart on his sleeve.  Just because most of us who have never been a star NFL player wouldn't react the same way doesn't mean he shouldn't either.  

While I may not have reacted the way he did, I have no problem for Jamal reacting that way.  I don't know what's like to not know whether I'm going to be in New York one week or Dallas.  

He has been a great teammate for the time he has been here and one little mishap and everyone bashes the guy.  Crazy!  

1.  When that emotion demonstrates he's a whiny b*tch, that's a little problematic for the supposed leader of the defense.  

2.  You're taking his tweet at face value.  All reports suggest he would have been fine going to Dallas.  His tweet comes off as being pissed that a deal DIDN'T happen.  

3.  He was benched for attempting to stat-pad, and his teammates have mostly been silent about him all season.  Guys like Mosley and Steve McLendon are much better leaders and teammates on this defense.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  When that emotion demonstrates he's a whiny b*tch, that's a little problematic for the supposed leader of the defense.  

2.  You're taking his tweet at face value.  All reports suggest he would have been fine going to Dallas.  His tweet comes off as being pissed that a deal DIDN'T happen.  

3.  He was benched for attempting to stat-pad, and his teammates have mostly been silent about him all season.  Guys like Mosley and Steve McLendon are much better leaders and teammates on this defense.  

Guaranteed his teammates look to him as a leader.  A whiny bitch?  I don't think so I see a bunch of whiny little bitches in this forum though.  

As for the reports saying he'd be fine going to Dallas.  I rather take my information from the source than the middle man.  

37 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Guaranteed his teammates look to him as a leader.  A whiny bitch?  I don't think so I see a bunch of whiny little bitches in this forum though.  

If they do they're very quiet about it.  When the team had a players-only meeting a few weeks ago, Jamal wasn't even mentioned in the article.  Other actual leaders were quoted instead.  

And yes, he's a whiny b*tch.  That's exactly what he demonstrated with that tweet about Douglas.