While your killing the Coach

Jetster

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

I admire you optimism, but I don't share it. Obviously, I hope you are correct.

Don’t take it personal, but why do you still follow them? Isn’t expected success the reason people are fans? I literally think they’re gonna have a winning record every year, with a little luck and some pixie dust. Maybe Gase isn’t THE coach, but I think he is an improvement over the past 2. I do think Douglas is a good hire being brought up in the Ravens mindset. Things are looking up, we have bottomed out. I see a handful or two of footballers on the team, we just need to add more. 

10-6 here we come. Go Jets. 

On 10/30/2019 at 5:44 AM, LockeJET said:

Gase is a terrible coach who has most of the players on the team completely hating him already. He's a nightmare and if you look at the numbers through 8 games, Kotite was better. This may be more of a problem then we can imagine because Gase basically hired his boss in JD. Could get so ugly that the Johnsons eventually threaten JD's job if he doesn't sh*t can Gase. In other words, we may be stuck with Gase another year or 2 until ownership puts pressure on JD. JD isn't firing his friend after 1 year.

Gase and Douglas just met each other 4 years ago.

They spent 1 season together in Chicago.

Why does everyone assume that they’re lifelong buddies attached at the hip?

And if the Jets would’ve fired Macc at the same time as Bowles (like they should have) and then hired Douglas, who’s to say that Gase would’ve even been on his short list for HC candidates?

Douglas could absolutely use Gase as a stepping stone and I hope he does.

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2019 at 7:47 AM, Scott Dierking said:

How many times are YOU going to flip flop on your assessment of SD? This is now your 3rd different opinion of him  (at least), where you vacillate.

How about being smart and allowing time dictate the true ability? You will appear so much less wishy-0washy.

Remember when other past Jets coaches were given such passes for talented and/or high priced players performing poorly on the field? I sure do. Other coaches ruined these players. This coach, however, is an innocent victim to their poor play. 

It goes without saying even in doing a poor job he's going to get the benefit of the doubt with all these injuries (and a roster that wasn't too hot even when healthy). People used to be so worried about how it'd look outwardly if we fired Bowles or Maccagnan after just 3 or 4 seasons of mostly-failure, which I never thought was a thing. However that would actually be a thing if we fired a HC based on just 1 season with a roster that sucks and that he largely didn't want (to the point where he lobbied for the GM's walking papers).

Yes he sucks, but unless something is made public or caught on video, like Gase giving his woman the Ray Rice treatment, they have little choice but to give him another season. Otherwise for real no one decent is coming here outside of JD's personal friends (which Gase is one ffs). No one decent is probably coming here anyway, but no reason to guarantee it in advance lol. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, section314 said:

I admire you optimism, but I don't share it. Obviously, I hope you are correct.

My optimism is with Joe Douglas here. The Johnsons have never balked at spending money we just haven't had the right guy here doing the spending or picking players in the draft. It's all we've got left is HOPE that JD turns out to be the guy that's understands how to build a team.

I have huge confidence in him that he understands the value of a position relative to salary and Oline & weapons will be his priority. He's got a really good group of LBs here so he can find us a couple of pass rushers & at least a decent starting CB, he's already got Maye & Adams if he doesn't trade Jamal. 

I could see a Jamal Adams trade to the Skins next year for Trent Williams & a 4th from Washington, something like that would be good for both teams. Adams is leaving after 2 anyway and we might get 3 good years out of Williams while we groom a draft pick at RT, draft a Center & sign a guard in free agency. JD knows the value of protecting Darnold. 

• Sympathy 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:30 AM, peekskill68 said:

How Jetsy would it be to have the GM (Macc) work with the owner to hire the new coach (Gates), who then flips on that GM, has him fired to bring in his guy (JoeD), to then see that GM get the new coach fired?  Now I understands why George R.R. Martin is such a big fan.  Just like Game of Thrones...

I don't believe that Macc played any part in the decision to hire Gase. CJ had made up his mind to ax Macc but couldn't hold HC interviews without him. Macc was in charge of coffee and he probably  messed that up.

5 minutes ago, Irktusk1957 said:

Don’t take it personal, but why do you still follow them? Isn’t expected success the reason people are fans? I literally think they’re gonna have a winning record every year, with a little luck and some pixie dust. Maybe Gase isn’t THE coach, but I think he is an improvement over the past 2. I do think Douglas is a good hire being brought up in the Ravens mindset. Things are looking up, we have bottomed out. I see a handful or two of footballers on the team, we just need to add more. 

10-6 here we come. Go Jets. 

Maybe for front runners, people that have new favorite teams every 4-5 years. Being a real fan of a team means being there, thick and thin, every game, every year. You root for the jersey, pure and simple. You have good times, bad times, but you are in it for the long haul. You hope for success, not expect it. This isn't buying stocks. I've had my tickets 40 years, and I go to every game, and usually a road game every year as well. I bleed green and white, always have, always will. That's why I'm a fan.  If the Jets ever do win another Super Bowl with the Johnson's as owners, it will be in spite of them, not because of them. You can book that.

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2019 at 8:23 AM, Nick Blitz said:

Im not writing off Sam yet, he fundamentally looks terrible right now but the surrounding talent on offense is so abysmal its hard to judge him too harshly and the fact he's only 22.  For what its worth Sanchez and Geno had waaaay better surrounding talent.

Sam looked excellent the four games at the end of last season. It was reported that he looked excellent during training camp and in preseason games. It was only after he kissed the wrong girl and got mono that he looked bad. I still believe they should have put him on IR and gave him a full eight weeks to recover.

• Upvote 1