Guess how many Career INTs the NFL’s best safety has after almost 3 years

Philc1

He's not garbage, he just wasn't worthy of being the 6th overall pick, he was Mr.Safe Pick to prolong Maccs employment. If they weren't picking a QB the pick should have been Lattimore + Maye, but Macc didn't want to be seen as making a Milliner mistake because Lattimore had a few injuries. 

Jets pick Lattimore they never sign the dog Trumaine, it's like dominos. Do you know how many inexpensive safeties have been available in free agency since 2017? Plenty. For less than half of what that loser Johnson is getting paid. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As i said in another thread, minkha has 5 in half the games and he essentially got a 1st round pick for the phins.  Adams is not getting more than a 1st for the jets.

I guess its good that Douglas has no interest whatsoever in trading him.

Too many what ifs selection a safety with the 6th over pick...  What if they drafted Watson?  Would have had an extra three 2nd rd picks.  Mahones, would have been regarded as a reach at the time, so no fault there, but Watson was a blown chance to start the rebuild a year early, and to boot Mac and Bowles might still have jobs.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

I guess its good that Douglas has no interest whatsoever in trading him.

Oh douglas has interest its just that he is not going to get what douglas wants.

If douglas truly has no interest at all then he is another in a long list of stupid jets gms.

Sunday was basically a summary of Adam's career. Some really good plays vs the run, and some hard hits. But the plays that change the game. that truly make you a difference maker, he whiffed. Drops another int, and has a clear shot on a sack, and misses that as well. Another top 10 pick that we are getting 3-4th round value out of.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

He’s not the best 

last year probably 3rd, this year like top 10

what makes him valuable is he is elite in multiple phases, not just run support 

but if you are still butt hurt about his draft position why take it out on the player?

its stupid 

what was he supposed to do on draft day?   Sit out a year? Force a trade ?

maccagnan is gone 

grow up and get over it 

7 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Too many what ifs selection a safety with the 6th over pick...  What if they drafted Watson?  Would have had an extra three 2nd rd picks.  Mahones, would have been regarded as a reach at the time, so no fault there, but Watson was a blown chance to start the rebuild a year early, and to boot Mac and Bowles might still have jobs.  

They would have 3 extra 2nd rounders, PLUS #6 overall.  WE don't know exactly how the board would have fallen, but there would have been a ton of players to pick from, plus with all the QBs, the likelihood they could execute a trade down.  I guess they could have taken Minkah Fitzpatrick if safety were so ******* important.

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericsmith/2495951/careerstats

Eric Smith had 6 INTs in 7 years.  

Which is kind of the point; you can get a servicable safety like Weddle or the Honey Badger every season in free agency for a fraction of what Adams will be looking for. Or draft one in the slot normal teams do, like the later rounds.

I recall the day they took Adams and Maye back to back and that imbecile Bowles smiling ear to ear like he hit the number. A team without an OL nor an offense then (and barely much more now!) have no business spending top picks on safeties. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

He's not garbage, he just wasn't worthy of being the 6th overall pick, he was Mr.Safe Pick to prolong Maccs employment. If they weren't picking a QB the pick should have been Lattimore + Maye, but Macc didn't want to be seen as making a Milliner mistake because Lattimore had a few injuries. 

Jets pick Lattimore they never sign the dog Trumaine, it's like dominos. Do you know how many inexpensive safeties have been available in free agency since 2017? Plenty. For less than half of what that loser Johnson is getting paid. 

Somehow Coffee Boy always managed to get THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT, who was always a DB or DL guy. 

25 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Which is kind of the point; you can get a servicable safety like Weddle or the Honey Badger every season in free agency for a fraction of what Adams will be looking for. Or draft one in the slot normal teams do, like the later rounds.

I recall the day they took Adams and Maye back to back and that imbecile Bowles smiling ear to ear like he hit the number. A team without an OL nor an offense then (and barely much more now!) have no business spending top picks on safeties. 

Weddle already has his AARP membership

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

A full time starting NFL DB after 3 years should have more than 2 picks by accident 

Jamal Adams is overrated as HELL 

Says you.  

It’s another meaningless thread that the usual suspects will whine in

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Why wasn't he worthy of the 6th overall pick? The guy has a good shot at the hall of fame if he continues playing at this level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

As compared to yesterday, they'll all be slow news days until the Spring.

The Spring!!!  The time when the Jets make their most noise.

Yeah, I got ya but I think we’ll put a couple dents in a few team’s fenders before MLK Day. 

• Upvote 1