Bengals bench Dalton....

1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Sam needs a vet behind him and to mentor him a bit.

Could Dalton be that guy? Maybe. Worth a look.

Dalton will absolutely be available in the offseason and he’s way better than Simian or Falk

Plus he’s a good guy he won’t create locker room drama and would be willing to mentor Sam

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Dalton will absolutely be available in the offseason and he’s way better than Simian or Falk

Plus he’s a good guy he won’t create locker room drama and would be willing to mentor Sam

How do you know he is a good guy AND "would be willing to mentor Sam"??? I seriously doubt that he is looking to back up on another team. He is probably thrilled to get out of Cin and looking forward to showing that he can be a better QB in a better system, on a better team....

Like Sam will in a few years. 

51 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

How do you know he is a good guy AND "would be willing to mentor Sam"??? I seriously doubt that he is looking to back up on another team. He is probably thrilled to get out of Cin and looking forward to showing that he can be a better QB in a better system, on a better team....

Guess he is not coming here. 

53 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Dalton is known around the league for being a nice guy

Dalton is the worst kind of QB IMO.  Not bad enough to give up on after a few seasons, but not really good enough to propel his team to the next level, but gets 7-8 years in a starting role before the team decides to move on. 

I would consider him a good backup option next year for Darnold, NOT as competition for the starting slot.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sam is still going to need a mentor?  He is going to be halfway through the cheap part of his deal and he will still need Mark Brunell to teach him how to watch film?

Why not.

You think he can't learn anything more at this point in his career? I'd rather see a vet backing him up than another ClusterFaulk.

• Upvote 1