Philc1

Beningo: Fire Gase Plane Getting Booked To Fly over MetLife in 2 weeks

5 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Beningo is an ass whole and embarrassment..

He thinks he represents Jets fans and all he represents is a shell of who he used to be.

Francesa just lost the ratings book.  Heads and salaries are going to roll at WFAN.  Beningo better be the first out the door.  I'd fly a plane for that.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

53 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Then we're 3-6 coming off two wins against a tanking Miami team, and a 2-8 Giants team.

Will that happening really make you feel better about things here?

Sure.  Because when we win 2 in a row we're going to win a few more against that soft part of the schedule.  Watch, when we beat the Giants, that's all that will matter, people on JN will act like we just won the division.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hard to imagine WFAN would want Benigno gone considering the following...

https://nypost.com/2019/10/28/mike-francesa-ratings-disaster-is-here-in-uncertain-wfan-times/

image.png.3226cd477620a77b5c79ff4205a431e0.png

image.png.eb94b8e80c4f3ac3adb7af79c89e50ef.png

From the same article:

FAN executives have talked about splitting up the longtime pair of Benigno and Roberts, according to sources, which could lead to new partners for Scott and Gray.

FAN does want to become younger, while Entercom is known throughout the industry as desiring to be cheaper. This makes up-and-coming overnight host John Jastremski a possibility.

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

John Jastremski's whole shtick is doing a Joe Benigno impression, but with a higher-pitched voice. His inflections and repetitions mirror Beningo's almost exactly and are equally as vacuous and annoying. The FAN is dead as a doornail. 

Even I've given up on the FAN, it's that bad.

Beningo's most annoying trait is this little old man "whimper" he does as his voice trails off, ever hear that?  It's like a puppy in a egg slicer.

SAR I

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The guy has been a Jet fan for over 50 years.  Yes he often overreacts but he's still pretty funny (at least to me and I think to many others) when he complains about the team.

He's the worst.  What used to be a natural Jets reaction just like the typical fan has now become an act, it's all fake.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's different from saying "Beningo better be the first out the door."

He better be.  Not only is his contract up and an easy buyout, but he's done.  The thing that really hurt him is being moved from the Sunday late slot (where his anger was fresh and his takes were spot on) to the Monday afternoon slot (where we're all over the anger and have heard the takes from others).

Time for him to retire.  Especially that annoying whimper/squeal/squeak thing he does at the end of his monologue sentences.

SAR I

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think it's fake.  He definitely overreacts but he's been dealing with this crap for 50 years so I can't blame him.  For the record, even though I give you crap all the time, I think you're a good Jet fan too.  It's not easy rooting for this franchise. 

It's just the same whining, that's all.  He doesn't site game specifics anymore, just goes into his generic "I'm gonna die soon" shtick.  And he knows the Jets hate him, so he doesn't even try to say anything positive.  They shafted him when they gave every other personality at WFAN a new Jets jersey back in September, it was awesome.

SAR I

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Eh, I still love Joe B's show.  I think he's one of the few people at WFAN still worth listening to.  When he and Francesa leave, WFAN is going to be back in the pre Mike and the Mad Dog era (searching for hosts).  It's amazing how few hosts they've developed in all these years.  CMB was an awful show IMO (as is MB).  That was the best they could do?  Are sports talk show hosts harder to find than quality NFL QBs?  Hard to believe!

It's true, FAN has screwed themselves.  That said, I don't like Michael Kay either.  I've been streaming Colin Cowherd, I think he's interesting.  At least for football.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Yea. He hasn’t impressed, but flying a plane is premature. Only Jets fans. 

It's like we haven't played half the season with a taxi squad quarterback, 4 fewer LB's, and no OL.  Let's fire every head coach decimated by injuries, its so easy to find a replacement.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, rammagen said:

Again SAR most people were not expecting wins we have said this in the past but total lack of game plannig and the same mistakes made over and over again is not talent that is coaching.

When are we allowed to admit we are so crippled by injuries at LB and OL that there are no style points possible?

Games 2-3-4, no QB, down to third string.

Games 5-6-7, no OL, no LB's, everyone playing out of position.

When pilots lose both engines at 10,000 feet and find a way to make an emergency landing that saves half the passengers, they get a pat on the back, not fired.  And no one mentions the scratched paint either.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, peebag said:

What exactly has Adam Gase done during those games that inspire hope that he can be successful?

What could anyone do?  Thin roster he didn’t build, massive injuries he didn’t cause. Bill Walsh would be 1-6 under these circumstances too. 

The locker room is holding together strong.  Bowles or Ryan‘s would have imploded by now. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, peebag said:

So doing nothing is a good coaching move???  C'mon SAR- 

More like he’s helpless, not much he can do. 

We need to get healthy, then judge IMO. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company