Jump to content

Beningo: Fire Gase Plane Getting Booked To Fly over MetLife in 2 weeks


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beningo is an ass hole and embarrassment..

As well as being probably the dumbest person I've ever heard on talk radio. I'm surprised he doesn't work for the Jets by now.😁

Benigno is a guy doing an act on radio as the sad and angry Jets fan. But meanwhile reality he's a old lecherous suburban douchebag.  Has Wife#2 kicked him to the curb for trying to hit on FAN em

Posted Images

8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Beningo is an ass hole and embarrassment..

The guy has been a Jet fan for over 50 years.  Yes he often overreacts but he's still pretty funny (at least to me and I think to many others) when he complains about the team.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

He thinks he represents Jets fans and all he represents is a shell of who he used to be.

Francesa just lost the ratings book.  Heads and salaries are going to roll at WFAN.  Beningo better be the first out the door.  I'd fly a plane for that.

SAR I

Hard to imagine WFAN would want Benigno gone considering the following...

https://nypost.com/2019/10/28/mike-francesa-ratings-disaster-is-here-in-uncertain-wfan-times/

image.png.3226cd477620a77b5c79ff4205a431e0.png

image.png.eb94b8e80c4f3ac3adb7af79c89e50ef.png

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hard to imagine WFAN would want Benigno gone considering the following...

https://nypost.com/2019/10/28/mike-francesa-ratings-disaster-is-here-in-uncertain-wfan-times/

image.png.3226cd477620a77b5c79ff4205a431e0.png

image.png.eb94b8e80c4f3ac3adb7af79c89e50ef.png

 

 

From the same article:

FAN executives have talked about splitting up the longtime pair of Benigno and Roberts, according to sources, which could lead to new partners for Scott and Gray.

FAN does want to become younger, while Entercom is known throughout the industry as desiring to be cheaper. This makes up-and-coming overnight host John Jastremski a possibility.

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Gase is the right guy but I recommend they wait on this a little bit. With the easy schedule the Jets have and maybe Gase tweaks things a bit. They could go on a run which would make the flyover not that effective and could even look foolish

I would be patient and see how the next 4-5 games go, then pull the trigger if it's still a crapshow

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

Gase spiked Maccagnan and Heimerdinger and now Mehta is frozen out of the building. You'll note that Manish hasn't published one "sources say" tweet or article since Gase took over. He's back to being a fan blogger now. 

It was pretty clear in January who Mehtas sources were 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

From the same article:

FAN executives have talked about splitting up the longtime pair of Benigno and Roberts, according to sources, which could lead to new partners for Scott and Gray.

FAN does want to become younger, while Entercom is known throughout the industry as desiring to be cheaper. This makes up-and-coming overnight host John Jastremski a possibility.

 

John Jastremski's whole shtick is doing a Joe Benigno impression, but with a higher-pitched voice. His inflections and repetitions mirror Beningo's almost exactly and are equally as vacuous and annoying. The FAN is dead as a doornail. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Plus it damages perception and ability to attract players and coaches. Our literal ONLY hope at this point is for Joe to draft players so they have no choice but to come here.

Build a solid/young foundation and dig out of this hole. It will take years to fix our perception and it starts with draft picks. Get players that will perform in spite of coaches. If we fire Gase, NO ONE worth anything as a coach will take this job.

We might as well chalk this season and a throw away year and hope that with an decent OL next year, we can at least judge Darnold more accurately while we continue a multi year rebuild. 

Mac broke me on drafts.  I knew he would pick wrong and rarely did he disappoint

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Y2jets said:

I don't think Gase is the right guy but I recommend they wait on this a little bit. With the easy schedule the Jets have and maybe Gase tweaks things a bit. They could go on a run which would make the flyover not that effective and could even look foolish

I would be patient and see how the next 4-5 games go, then pull the trigger if it's still a crapshow

We have tried the wait and see method.  It doesn’t work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

The Idzik crap was stupid, and this would be stupid as well. Gase just got here, and within months identified Mike McCagnan as incompetent which led to his dismissal. 

If Gase was so brilliant to identify McCagnan as the problem, why wasn't he smart enough to fire himself?  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

John Jastremski's whole shtick is doing a Joe Benigno impression, but with a higher-pitched voice. His inflections and repetitions mirror Beningo's almost exactly and are equally as vacuous and annoying. The FAN is dead as a doornail. 

Even I've given up on the FAN, it's that bad.

Beningo's most annoying trait is this little old man "whimper" he does as his voice trails off, ever hear that?  It's like a puppy in a egg slicer.

SAR I

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Even I've given up on the FAN, it's that bad.

Beningo's most annoying trait is this little old man "whimper" he does as his voice trails off, ever hear that?  It's like a puppy in a egg slicer.

SAR I

 

I haven’t really listened to that show in a while because that DiPietro and Rothenberg show on 1050 is really good, except for when Chris Canty bogs the show down with what sounds like boring pre-written takes that everyone sits through and immediately ignores

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

From the same article:

FAN executives have talked about splitting up the longtime pair of Benigno and Roberts, according to sources, which could lead to new partners for Scott and Gray.

FAN does want to become younger, while Entercom is known throughout the industry as desiring to be cheaper. This makes up-and-coming overnight host John Jastremski a possibility.

 

That's different from saying "Beningo better be the first out the door."

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

John Jastremski's whole shtick is doing a Joe Benigno impression, but with a higher-pitched voice. His inflections and repetitions mirror Beningo's almost exactly and are equally as vacuous and annoying. The FAN is dead as a doornail. 

Not a fan of JJ either.  But I still love Benigno and I find Francesa's show to be hilarious (for the callers who are trolling and to laugh at how pompous he is despite oftentimes being way off).  Steve Somers is still doing the same schtick but he's a classic host.  I'm one of the few who likes Richard Neer.  Jody Mac is okay in limited doses.  Kim Jones is decent.  The rest are pretty much awful.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

John Jastremski's whole shtick is doing a Joe Benigno impression, but with a higher-pitched voice. His inflections and repetitions mirror Beningo's almost exactly and are equally as vacuous and annoying. The FAN is dead as a doornail. 

Theres a big mad dog influence in there too. I cant stand Jastremski, guys a total hack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I haven’t really listened to that show in a while because that DiPietro and Rothenberg show on 1050 is really good, except for when Chris Canty bogs the show down with what sounds like boring pre-written takes that everyone sits through and immediately ignores

Rick DiPietro?  "Yawr you, and I'm Gawdie Howe!"

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Even I've given up on the FAN, it's that bad.

Beningo's most annoying trait is this little old man "whimper" he does as his voice trails off, ever hear that?  It's like a puppy in a egg slicer.

SAR I

 

BRO? Bro! Bro...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The guy has been a Jet fan for over 50 years.  Yes he often overreacts but he's still pretty funny (at least to me and I think to many others) when he complains about the team.

He's the worst.  What used to be a natural Jets reaction just like the typical fan has now become an act, it's all fake.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SAR I said:

He's the worst.  What used to be a natural Jets reaction just like the typical fan has now become an act, it's all fake.

SAR I

I don't think it's fake.  He definitely overreacts but he's been dealing with this crap for 50 years so I can't blame him.  For the record, even though I give you crap all the time, I think you're a good Jet fan too.  It's not easy rooting for this franchise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's different from saying "Beningo better be the first out the door."

He better be.  Not only is his contract up and an easy buyout, but he's done.  The thing that really hurt him is being moved from the Sunday late slot (where his anger was fresh and his takes were spot on) to the Monday afternoon slot (where we're all over the anger and have heard the takes from others).

Time for him to retire.  Especially that annoying whimper/squeal/squeak thing he does at the end of his monologue sentences.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think it's fake.  He definitely overreacts but he's been dealing with this crap for 50 years so I can't blame him.  For the record, even though I give you crap all the time, I think you're a good Jet fan too.  It's not easy rooting for this franchise. 

It's just the same whining, that's all.  He doesn't site game specifics anymore, just goes into his generic "I'm gonna die soon" shtick.  And he knows the Jets hate him, so he doesn't even try to say anything positive.  They shafted him when they gave every other personality at WFAN a new Jets jersey back in September, it was awesome.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...