Jump to content
SR24

Jamal Clip

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’m laughing we actually may lose to the Dolphins now, this team is about to implode.

I think the opposite, actually. But I’ve been wrong before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ryu79 said:

I make a distinction between overreacting on social media and refusing to meet with your bosses or demanding to be treated like Brady.

The former I think prob gives him a rep but can be downplayed as over emotion or passion. Refusing to meet with Douglas today and demanding to be treated like Brady (how does he know NE wouldn't answer the phone if someone called to begin with?), seems like more directly dangerous to future job prospects - esp since his locker room presence is one of his strong suits (till now). 

I generally don't see that kind of disregard to stuff that potentially impacts the bank account down the line from second generation athletes.

Fair.  I think, beyond social media, that Jamal Adams has always shown that he’s exactly this type of person.  Think, even, about the “moar dawgs” comment.  Is that what a leader says?  Is that what a team-first, selfless guy says?  No.  They take accountability and talk about how they can do more.

Instead, you have a guy comparing himself to two of the greatest ever, and what’s not being talked about, is that it’s coming off of an awful personal performance against... The Jacksonville Jaguars.  He’s done it in a season where the team is 1-6 and he’s generated one (garbage time) turnover.

This is exactly who Jamal Adams is.  Always was.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeddEY said:

Fair.  I think, beyond social media, that Jamal Adams has always shown that he’s exactly this type of person.  Think, even, about the “moar dawgs” comment.  Is that what a leader says?  Is that what a team-first, selfless guy says?  No.  They take accountability and talk about how they can do more.

Instead, you have a guy comparing himself to two of the greatest ever, and what’s not being talked about, is that it’s coming off of an awful personal performance against... The Jacksonville Jaguars.  He’s done it in a season where the team is 1-6 and he’s generated one (garbage time) turnover.

This is exactly who Jamal Adams is.  Always was.

I think this is all just a roundabout way to get himself to the Cowboys. I wouldnt take the initial meeting at face value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I think this is all just a roundabout way to get himself to the Cowboys. I wouldnt take the initial meeting at face value.

I hope we don’t trade him to the Cowboys.  Trade him somewhere with much exposure.  Maybe Cincinnati?  Tampa?  Arizona?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think this is all just a roundabout way to get himself to the Cowboys. I wouldnt take the initial meeting at face value.

Of course it is.  But going about it like this is ridiculous.  Trade talks can't be re-opened until the offseason.  Why b*tch out the GM?  Makes no sense.  If Douglas really wanted to he could hold Jamal hostage as punishment.  Or trade him anywhere BUT Dallas.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that he is upset, players probably should have more control over their career but he did start the Dallas discussions

Mack > Donald and he was traded 

Al this point we can only hope Adams does not get the Ramsey back injury and Joe does not make a chez extension mistake to make him feel better

best case this calms down and goes aways but that is not very Jetsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Fair.  I think, beyond social media, that Jamal Adams has always shown that he’s exactly this type of person.  Think, even, about the “moar dawgs” comment.  Is that what a leader says?  Is that what a team-first, selfless guy says?  No.  They take accountability and talk about how they can do more.

Yeah this stuff is pretty transparent, it's funny how the same people consistsntly see through the bs

On the point above, its also throwing teammates under the bus. Any time he publicly campaigns for a high visibility player to come here hes inherently saying the guy currently with the 1's at that position isnt good enough. Saying we need more dawgs also says my teammates suck.

I dont expect him to pretend the talent is great but a leader should have a little discretion rather than broadcasting publicly.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CTM said:

 Yeah this stuff is pretty transparent, it's funny how the same people consistsntly see through the bs

On the point above, its also throwing teammates under the bus. Any time he publicly campaigns for a high visibility player to come here hes inherently saying the guy currently with the 1's at that position isnt good enough. Saying we need more dawgs also says my teammates suck.

 I dont expect him to pretend the talent is great but a leader should have a little discretion rather than broadcasting publicly.

What's funny is, I always respected Sanchez is this specific regard.  Hated the player, but he'd always be the first to talk about the areas where he needed to do better.  What he needed to improve upon.  Darnold is of a similar mold.  Adams and Pennington are the opposite.

This reminds me of a game of rec basketball when I was a kid.  We were a terrible team and I don't even remember if we'd won a game that year.  Our best player had broken his arm.  So, midseason we're the worst team in the league, he's healed and his first game back he comes in off the bench.  We're probably down 20ish or so, and he beats his man for a layup and he's jogging back on defense making a huge spectacle of himself.  I only remember any of this, because for a couple years, my father always used that moment as a teachable on how not to act.  Interestingly enough, as I'm remembering this story, the guy's initials were also JA.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What's funny is, I always respected Sanchez is this specific regard.  Hated the player, but he'd always be the first to talk about the areas where he needed to do better.  What he needed to improve upon.  Darnold is of a similar mold.  Adams and Pennington are the opposite.

Absolutely. No excuses and you see it today when he makes videos goofing on himself. 

Great story about your dad and the showboat. My old man drilled similiar into me incessantly, he couldnt stand braggarts and showboats. Funny how much of that sticks with you.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

What's funny is, I always respected Sanchez is this specific regard.  Hated the player, but he'd always be the first to talk about the areas where he needed to do better.  What he needed to improve upon.  Darnold is of a similar mold.  Adams and Pennington are the opposite.

This reminds me of a game of rec basketball when I was a kid.  We were a terrible team and I don't even remember if we'd won a game that year.  Our best player had broken his arm.  So, midseason we're the worst team in the league, he's healed and his first game back he comes in off the bench.  We're probably down 20ish or so, and he beats his man for a layup and he's jogging back on defense making a huge spectacle of himself.  I only remember any of this, because for a couple years, my father always used that moment as a teachable on how not to act.  Interestingly enough, as I'm remembering this story, the guy's initials were also JA.

True, though I always sympathized with Chad. When the main knock is that your arm is shot and you can't make throws to the sideline or downfield ...and it's true...

You try to change the subject!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

image.png.81b0e2c27be30deb3eb624cbb4a3aa62.png

Maybe he just went to Jamaica.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...