Jamal, this ain't leadership, dude.

22 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I didn't mean for that to come off like I think Jamal Adams is a great leader. I was more or less saying that some narcissist are capable of being good leaders. Back to Jamal Adams....I'm shocked at how he's handled this...He should have kept his displeasure behind closed doors if he was this upset with the Jets GM. In front of the microphone and cameras Adams should have brushed off the trade speculation and reiterated how he's still a Jet and is happy to be here. It's sad to see him unravel like this so publicly. He should have buried the proverbial hatchet by now. Jamal Adams blew a perfect opportunity to shut his haters up, but instead he's given them more material/fuel to work with.

Funny thing is that I am not a hater.  I think his play on the field is good, but VASTLY overrated by green tinted lenses.  I have no idea why all the pundits gush over him, but they have certainly added to his hype.  His performance thus far has not lived up to the hype.  Not even close.  Doesn't mean he is a bad player.  I like having him out there.  But no way would I ever give him a second contract that he will want.  

Douglas should have taken the best Dallas offer he got.  I am not happy about his decision here at all.  What Dallas was offering is worth more than 1.5 or 2.5 more years of Jamal.  2.5 if they exercise the 5th year option, which I am now sure Douglas will do if he can't trade Jamal after the season. Ugh.  Douglas should resume Jamal trade talks after the season, notwithstanding Jamal's tantrums.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Funny thing is that I am not a hater.  I think his play on the field is good, but VASTLY overrated by green tinted lenses.  I have no idea why all the pundits gush over him, but they have certainly added to his hype.  His performance thus far has not lived up to the hype.  Not even close.  Doesn't mean he is a bad player.  I like having him out there.  But no way would I ever give him a second contract that he will want.  

Douglas should have taken the best Dallas offer he got.  I am not happy about his decision here at all.  What Dallas was offering is worth more than 1.5 or 2.5 more years of Jamal.  2.5 if they exercise the 5th year option, which I am now sure Douglas will do if he can't trade Jamal after the season. Ugh.  Douglas should resume Jamal trade talks after the season, notwithstanding Jamal's tantrums.

Perfectly stated.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

JA's self promotion and media savvy are why the pundits gush. He makes a spectable of himself, probably gloms on to them as a friend with benefits and is a decent player. He gets outsized praise and attention due to his self promotion and shameless self aggrandization. He's Kim Kardashian without the ball hawking skills.

Howard Stern ended up being regularly referred to as the King of All Media by those in media and it was pretty openly a goof at first but he knew full well that eventually it would stick.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Does everyone have to be a leader all of the time?  

I have been facilitating executive leadership for over 15 years now.    From first time supervisors to C level leaders.     As I would tell them you are human and will make mistakes.  You have your emotions and sometimes you will let them out when you shouldn't.   Great leaders have those moments in private.  Great leaders are not on social media letting those moments show.  Great leaders don't let others influence their commitment to their vision.      Adams has some raw leadership skills but he is not a leader.   And No not everyone needs to be a leader all-time.  And like I tell the people I coach and mentor only leaders lead all the time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

i think you are conflating sociopaths with narcissists

100 % what I was thinking.  Something like 95 % of CEO's have some sociopathic tendencies (I.E. lack of empathy).  You have to have some Machiavelian skills to be highly successful.  

That's not Jamal.  He's not smart enough to play the Machiavelian game.  He's just a plain old narcissist.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I no longer can agree w/ the bold...   otherwise we are my attitude towards him WAS similar..

57 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you call yourself a leader, yes.  Especially with social media, where you have every opportunity to lay off a bit.  Instead, he tripled down on his douchecanoe status.  

Lol.  Even actual leaders of important things don’t act leaderly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  I think everyone can get over this nonsense.  

2 hours ago, lounap23 said:

I have been facilitating executive leadership for over 15 years now.    From first time supervisors to C level leaders.     As I would tell them you are human and will make mistakes.  You have your emotions and sometimes you will let them out when you shouldn't.   Great leaders have those moments in private.  Great leaders are not on social media letting those moments show.  Great leaders don't let others influence their commitment to their vision.      Adams has some raw leadership skills but he is not a leader.   And No not everyone needs to be a leader all-time.  And like I tell the people I coach and mentor only leaders lead all the time.

As I said in my previous posts.  Even people who lead organizations that are actually important, don’t act leaderly all the time.  If you think leaders don’t have moments of weakness and sometimes say things they shouldn’t, you are delusional.

Now, I have no idea whether Adams is a leader or not.  But no one else on this board does either.  This incident has little to no effect on anything.  

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Lol.  Even actual leaders of important things don’t act leaderly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  I think everyone can get over this nonsense.  

On social media they can, should, and do.  Jamal not only tweeted nonsense that made him the exact opposite of a leader, he double and tripled down on those tweets.  

Come on man.  

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

On social media they can, should, and do.  Jamal not only tweeted nonsense that made him the exact opposite of a leader, he double and tripled down on those tweets.  

Come on man.  

You are delusional.  You see it from politicians, industry and business leaders all the time.  Adams is just a football player.  

You are delusional.  You see it from politicians, industry and business leaders all the time.  Adams is just a football player.  

So you think it’s cool for him to throw his GM under the bus, then double and triple down?

Had he apologized after the first tweet, all would mostly be forgiven. It was the arrogance to double down and compare himself to Brady and Aaron Donald that should tell you he’s far from being an actual leader.
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you think it’s cool for him to throw his GM under the bus, then double and triple down?

Had he apologized after the first tweet, all would mostly be forgiven. It was the arrogance to double down and compare himself to Brady and Aaron Donald that should tell you he’s far from being an actual leader.

Who cares?  A bunch of whiny fans, thats all.

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

100 % what I was thinking.  Something like 95 % of CEO's have some sociopathic tendencies (I.E. lack of empathy).  You have to have some Machiavelian skills to be highly successful.  

That's not Jamal.  He's not smart enough to play the Machiavelian game.  He's just a plain old narcissist.  

What. I think it's like 20%, they are certainly over represented but 95% is absurd

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

What. I think it's like 20%, they are certainly over represented but 95% is absurd

Please.  You're talking about "clinically significant" results.  I.E. diagnosis level.  I'm just talking about tendencies.  Not everyone meets a clinical diagnosis threshold.  Doesn't mean they aren't a Standard Deviation or 2 further along on the continuum than the average person.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, prime21 said:

Gregg Williams has been quiet. Somehow it wouldn’t surprise me if Jamal did t play the 1st q and then there is no explanation other than they went with a package that they thought was best at the start of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Adams is going to have to be out there the entire game on Sunday we will be in nickel and dime the entire game thanks to literally all of our ILBs being injured

Tbh that's probably a good thing since Adams isn't great in coverage and his strength is playing the run in the box

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Please.  You're talking about "clinically significant" results.  I.E. diagnosis level.  I'm just talking about tendencies.  Not everyone meets a clinical diagnosis threshold.  Doesn't mean they aren't a Standard Deviation or 2 further along on the continuum than the average person.  

No I'm not. Link the study showing 95%.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:02 PM, Butterfield said:

As I said in my previous posts.  Even people who lead organizations that are actually important, don’t act leaderly all the time.  If you think leaders don’t have moments of weakness and sometimes say things they shouldn’t, you are delusional.

Now, I have no idea whether Adams is a leader or not.  But no one else on this board does either.  This incident has little to no effect on anything.  

I think you should re-read my post.   Clearly I stated leaders have their moments of human emotion getting the best of them. Putting it on social media is another story.  And your response in another post about politicians on social media is laughable as a defense for a leader, quite possibly delusional.  Any politician whining and crying on social media is no leader.  Leaders bring people together for their vision.  Leaders do not create a divide among their people.

• Sympathy 1

On 10/30/2019 at 8:39 PM, Mo Lew said:

I 100% agree. I don’t think Jamal knows how to mail it in. He knows he’s got a finite amount of time left and that if he doesn’t force his way out he’s spending a majority of it with a loser organization. 

So he’s got 2 options. Hold out next year which really won’t work for him as he’s stuck for at least 2 more years. Or he forces his way out. He sees an opportunity to get out by bitching. He’ll get what he wants. 

Hopefully we trade him to another sh*tty team so he can be reminded of how little he affects the game. 

Jamal is all about self promotion and developing his celebrity status. On draft day I truly think he had visions of OBJ fame in NY. 

Problem is, in 3 seasons he has realized that he will NEVER be OBJ because no one gives a F about a Safety. No strong fundamentals wrap up tackle by the LOS is going to get the replays and attention of a one handed catch. 

secondly, he is realizing that on top of his inherent positional deficit, if no one cares about a box safety, no one REALLY cares about a box safety on a worst in the league team. 

Adams is dreaming of playing for the Cowboys. 

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Oh, and sh*t is gonna get real interesting next time Jamal runs onto MetLife field before a game and gets booed by the same fans he thought worshiped him. He will never be able to handle that and at that point we will really see him start to shoot his way out of here. 

he is a very solid safety....  like Mangold, Brick etc, sorry he has to play for such a Shltty organization.  

3 hours ago, lounap23 said:

I think you should re-read my post.   Clearly I stated leaders have their moments of human emotion getting the best of them. Putting it on social media is another story.  And your response in another post about politicians on social media is laughable as a defense for a leader, quite possibly delusional.  Any politician whining and crying on social media is no leader.  Leaders bring people together for their vision.  Leaders do not create a divide among their people.

It sounds like you are the one who is delusional.  Leadership coach, lol.

On 11/1/2019 at 7:17 PM, Butterfield said:

It sounds like you are the one who is delusional.  Leadership coach, lol.

What's delusional or laughable to you In that statement... the fact I agreed with you that leaders are human and let emotions get the best of them in moments? leaders shouldn't cry on social media?  leaders bring people together?  Leaders do not create divide amongst their people?

I would love for you to explain to me your paradigm in this Adams situation.  I need to understand your take on leadership.