kevinc855

The Adams Issue

Get over it. He’s a blue chip player who plays hard every game. Last game the jets were 1-5 and Adams came from the back field to make a tackle on a fournette run destined for a touchdown. He has has heart, he has spark. Does he talk a little? Yea he does. Did he say some things he should not of yesterday. Yea he did. He’s like 24. Did you all say or do the right things at 24? Yea exactly. Let the kid grow and play. He’s not perfect but he’s got spunk and a desire to win. I will take that any day over some “respectful” dude who thinks 1-6 is ok. 

• Upvote 7
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 9

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

A guy like Kerry Rhodes had 5x the on the field impact of Jamal Adams yet everyone acts like Adams is a future HOFer...

Boggles my mind

Take a 1st for his ass and run 

"A guy like Kerry Rhodes had 5x the on the field impact of Jamal Adams"

This is a bulls**t statement plain and simple and you know it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

he’s got spunk and a desire to win. I will take that any day over some “respectful” dude who thinks 1-6 is ok. 

literally the only two options available

• Upvote 2

Jamal Adams, or any Jets player for that matter, could take a dump on your car and you would tell us "yeah, but it was the best dump".

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Get over it. He’s a blue chip player who plays hard every game. Last game the jets were 1-5 and Adams came from the back field to make a tackle on a fournette run destined for a touchdown. He has has heart, he has spark. Does he talk a little? Yea he does. Did he say some things he should not of yesterday. Yea he did. He’s like 24. Did you all say or do the right things at 24? Yea exactly. Let the kid grow and play. He’s not perfect but he’s got spunk and a desire to win. I will take that any day over some “respectful” dude who thinks 1-6 is ok. 

Jamal needs to grow up. He is a really good player but to put himself in the class of Tom Brady and Aaron Donald ? Cmon man. That is a bit much

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

But the part you aren't getting isn't that he said it... It's that he still thinks he is right... And takes no responsibility for his actions... and then goes in front of the media to double and triple down on how he can't handle the disrespect... give me a break... Entitled, the respected earn it.... don't claim it themselves... 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

41 minutes ago, PepPep said:

"A guy like Kerry Rhodes had 5x the on the field impact of Jamal Adams"

This is a bulls**t statement plain and simple and you know it. 

No it is 100% correct.

• Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I think it would be easier to 'get over it', if we were talking about a Beckham Jr or a Ramsey type of elite talent. 

No one is questioning Adams' heart on the field, or his desire to win, but when you are highlighting a tackle of his on a 66 yard run play, then you then have to question his value on the field in terms of impact.

Set that value on the field against his lack of maturity and professionalism off it, then you have to ask yourself, is he worth it? Most of us are saying 'no'. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Eddie Jackson, Derwin James, Harrison Smith, Devin McCourty, Kevin Byard, etc.

All of these dudes make a significantly larger impact for their teams than Adams does for the Jets.

It’s not even debatable 

Yet because Adams is some loud mouth diva who constantly beats his chest, he’s considered the best by many...

If that doesn’t prove that the NFL is now a reality TV show first and foremost...then I don’t know what does.

Yet on the same team, in the same secondary, and the same meeting room Trumain Johnson makes over 3x as much money.    

Adams is not the problem on this team.   Yes, he was over drafted but he is not the problem  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I was wondering what the non-Pac defense of Adams’ last 48 hours was going to look like and I guess “Get over it, he’s spunky” is as good a defense as you could muster under the circumstances 

3 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Yet on the same team, in the same secondary, and the same meeting room Trumain Johnson makes over 3x as much money.    

Adams is not the problem on this team.   Yes, he was over drafted but he is not the problem  

He is the problem at the moment because he made himself the problem.... And lets not gloss over the 2 TDs that he gave up on Sunday... 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Did everyone remember to follow him on Twitter?

cant miss out ! 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

The fact we’re 1-6 says a lot about how completely non-vital his greatness is.

He is good. He’s just not outcome altering in any way whatsoever. Not his fault. He can’t help how little his position effects the actual game. A few tackles is a great job by a run stopping safety. Sadly, that just doesn’t move the needle.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think he’s the overall problem, but you drafted him at 6 to be part of the solution and he’s just not. He is, right now,  single-handedly taking a vulnerable, struggling team and consciously setting fire to it for entirely selfish reasons. He’s an absolute piece of sh*t for doing this to the 52 other players, coaches, fans, etc, all because he’s butthurt that the Cowboys didn’t want him enough to toss in a third rounder. 

Absolutely. What makes it 10 times as bad is He is a Team Captain. What are these guys supposed to think when they see the guy wearing the "C" pulling some sh*t like this? 

He holds himself in high regard. Yeah he does but someone forgot to tell him Brady and guys on that level put the TEAM first and not their own interests. Thats why Adams is a punk plain and simple.. You want an example of a Team leader? Look at Bell and his comments. Even Robbie "Ill nut in your wifes eye" Anderson stepped up. I have newfound respect for those guys. Handled themselves like Men of character not whiny little bitches. Hell I'm even thinking of going to the game in two weeks to boo his worthless ass. Thats a hike for me but thats how strongly I feel about it.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

There is no issue .. if the team starts to win he will want to stay.

This is a non-issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

I think it would be easier to 'get over it', if we were talking about a Beckham Jr or a Ramsey type of elite talent. 

No one is questioning Adams' heart on the field, or his desire to win, but when you are highlighting a tackle of his on a 66 yard run play, then you then have to question his value on the field in terms of impact.

Set that value on the field against his lack of maturity and professionalism off it, then you have to ask yourself, is he worth it? Most of us are saying 'no'. 

If Adams is smart he is either meeting with his current or new agent and figuring out his new plan.  That plan should be like Landon Collins’ was .  He should focus his efforts on the field, and either the Jets will sucker up an extension for him early (possible), or a another bad team will overpay for him.   He should not be counting on a good team paying up for him, because they don’t fund box safeties like that and stay good teams.  

A good team will draft them at the highest at the bottom of the first round and not re-sign them.   That is what the Cowboys could have done. 

But for now, if he is smart, he should play hard and be quiet.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Absolutely. What makes it 10 times as bad is He is a Team Captain. What are these guys supposed to think when they see the guy wearing the "C" pulling some sh*t like this? 

He holds himself in high regard. Yeah he does but someone forgot to tell him Brady and guys on that level put the TEAM first and not their own interests. Thats why Adams is a punk plain and simple.. You want an example of a Team leader? Look at Bell and his comments. Even Robbie "Ill nut in your wifes eye" Anderson stepped up. I have newfound respect for those guys. Handled themselves like Men of character not whiny little bitches. Hell I'm even thinking of going to the game in two weeks to boo his worthless ass. Thats a hike for me but thats how strongly I feel about it.

He’s been a wealthy, sheltered star athlete with a famous dad since birth and, as a result, he’s never faced a second of personal responsibility in his life until right now. Even the position he plays elides criticism because he’s not responsible for anything other than running into the line and tackling running backs, which is all he’s good at. Between the way he sulked over being benched and now this, you’ve gotta find a way to get rid of him the day the season ends because he’s going to get worse until he gets his way. Imagine the sh*t he’s going to start when it comes time to re-sign him

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s been a wealthy, sheltered star athlete with a famous dad since birth and, as a result, he’s never faced a second of personal responsibility in his life until right now. Even the position he plays elides criticism because he’s not responsible for anything other than running into the line and tackling running backs, which is all he’s good at. Between the way he sulked over being benched and now this, you’ve gotta find a way to get rid of him the day the season ends because he’s going to get worse until he gets his way. Imagine the sh*t he’s going to start when it comes time to re-sign him

Right on point. IMO they have to trade him now. His holdout come training camp is almost assured. He isn't going to come cheap and if they do sign him at best he will be what he is now with an even more inflated ego. At worst he will be Trumaine Johnson. Either way that culture change that was supposed to happen will change but for the worst and Jamal will get another Coach/GM fired and the crap carousel that this organization has been on will continue to turn. The end result will be more horrible play and the team will sink further from contention.

• Upvote 1

You’d think some “adult “ in his life would have sat his ass down and told him that he’s acting like a spoiled brat.

what am I writing? Ah it’s getting late...