kevinc855

The Adams Issue

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

all because he’s butthurt that the Cowboys didn’t want him enough to toss in a third rounder. 

the old tell a lie over and over till people believe you gag..  a staple of our times.

If Jamal Adams was Ed Reed in his prime, Douglas should still be interested in dealing him.  Why?

It was said on this board 100 times already.  Douglas said it when he gave his philosophy on building a team if anyone was listening.

It starts with the line of scrimmage and the front lines.

The only player he won't consider trading is Darnold, and he needs players to protect him, and players who can block for Bell that we spent many millions of dollars signing in the offseason.

Trading Adams to Dallas for a 1st round draft choice isn't good enough when we know that Dallas's first round pick will be around #20 or 25.

If Washington made the same offer for Jamal, I have to believe Douglas would have taken it, since their #1 will likely be around #3 to 6.

Jamal is a player who is a piece of the puzzle, when the puzzle is almost completed.  He is the piece in the left hand corner of the puzzle, not the centerpiece of the puzzle.  We need a #1 receiver, 3 starters on the offensive line, a starting cornerback and a pass rushing linebacker.

It has been argued that Jamal Adams is more than a great player, but a guy who sets the tone for the locker room and the culture of the team.

That is a great argument, but unfortunately, his current attitude is an argument that fights opposite to the argument that he is a positive tone setter for the team.

He is squashing that argument right now.  

So now what is left, is a great player that is more of a luxury than a necessity.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Why?

Kerry Rhodes first 3 years with the Jets:

10 INT’s, 8 sacks, 24 passes defended

Jamal Adams first 3 years with the Jets so far:

2 INT’s, 5.5 sacks, 21 passes defended

How the hell is this even a debate? 

And Rhodes was a 4th round pick, not 6th overall.

If Adams didn’t go around constantly beating his chest and flapping his gums then no one would give two sh*ts about him and would routinely call him out for the disappointment he’s been.

Well said.

if ja was a quiet kinda guy and not a charming attention whore celebrity, he wouldnt get much press

Is Jets’ Le’Veon Bell ‘done’ with Jamal Adams?

Updated 7:10 PM;Today 6:00 PM 

Jets’ Jamal Adams was 'hurt' by Joe Douglas’ trade calls

By Matt Stypulkoski | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Jamal Adams had been standing in front of microphones for about five minutes, holding court with dozens of reporters, when Le’Veon Bellwalked into the locker room.

But the Jets’ running back didn’t head for his locker. He swerved halfway across the room to deliver a message to the safety instead.

“Jamal, I’m done with you,” Bell said in a singsong tone, with a laugh. “I’m done with Jamal, bro.”

Bell said it loud enough – and close enough – to Adams to cut off his train of thought and warrant a response.

“Le’Veon has been acting totally different today," Adams said dryly. "I don’t know why.”

It was difficult to tell if Bell was being serious or busting Adams’ chops – his words clearly come off as agitated, but his tone was out of sync with that interpretation. Bell did not speak with reporters Wednesday.

But Bell didn’t stop with just the one interjection. He kept butting in.

“Boy, you look good! Boy, you look good!” Bell said. He followed it up with a crack about Adams’ outfit.

Then, about four minutes later, Bell piped up again, this time from across the room.

“How long does this interview have to be?” Bell yelled, this time more straight-faced. “You’ve been over there for like 20 minutes!”

All of this comes one day after Adams and Bell took starkly different approaches to their names appearing in trade-deadline discussions.

Adams notably ripped general manager Joe Douglas on Twitter on Tuesday night. Bell followed that up with a tweet of his own – a one-minute video oozing positivity.

Adams had resumed tearing into Douglas on Wednesday, when Bell decided to speak up.

“Jamal, we have a meeting dog!” Bell deadpanned, as Adams’ 13-minute press conference was nearing its end. “Gotta go!”

Buy Le'Veon Bell Jets gear: Fanatics, NFL Shop, Lids, Champs Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods

Obviously, Bell will be asked about the exchange when he next meets with reporters. If the running back’s comments prove serious, that would clearly point to a massive fissure within the Jets’ locker room. After all, Adams recruited Bell to join him in Florham Park this offseason.

But at this point, with the little evidence we have, it’s too early to jump to any conclusions just yet.

Matt Stypulkoski may be reached at mstypulkoski@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @M_Stypulkoski. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

People forget Kerry Rhodes was the best player on the team for a little bit.
But...... he......."sucked"

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

21 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Is Jets’ Le’Veon Bell ‘done’ with Jamal Adams?

Updated 7:10 PM;Today 6:00 PM 

Jets’ Jamal Adams was 'hurt' by Joe Douglas’ trade calls

By Matt Stypulkoski | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Jamal Adams had been standing in front of microphones for about five minutes, holding court with dozens of reporters, when Le’Veon Bellwalked into the locker room.

But the Jets’ running back didn’t head for his locker. He swerved halfway across the room to deliver a message to the safety instead.

“Jamal, I’m done with you,” Bell said in a singsong tone, with a laugh. “I’m done with Jamal, bro.”

Bell said it loud enough – and close enough – to Adams to cut off his train of thought and warrant a response.

“Le’Veon has been acting totally different today," Adams said dryly. "I don’t know why.”

It was difficult to tell if Bell was being serious or busting Adams’ chops – his words clearly come off as agitated, but his tone was out of sync with that interpretation. Bell did not speak with reporters Wednesday.

But Bell didn’t stop with just the one interjection. He kept butting in.

“Boy, you look good! Boy, you look good!” Bell said. He followed it up with a crack about Adams’ outfit.

Then, about four minutes later, Bell piped up again, this time from across the room.

“How long does this interview have to be?” Bell yelled, this time more straight-faced. “You’ve been over there for like 20 minutes!”

All of this comes one day after Adams and Bell took starkly different approaches to their names appearing in trade-deadline discussions.

Adams notably ripped general manager Joe Douglas on Twitter on Tuesday night. Bell followed that up with a tweet of his own – a one-minute video oozing positivity.

Adams had resumed tearing into Douglas on Wednesday, when Bell decided to speak up.

“Jamal, we have a meeting dog!” Bell deadpanned, as Adams’ 13-minute press conference was nearing its end. “Gotta go!”

Buy Le'Veon Bell Jets gear: Fanatics, NFL Shop, Lids, Champs Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods

Obviously, Bell will be asked about the exchange when he next meets with reporters. If the running back’s comments prove serious, that would clearly point to a massive fissure within the Jets’ locker room. After all, Adams recruited Bell to join him in Florham Park this offseason.

But at this point, with the little evidence we have, it’s too early to jump to any conclusions just yet.

Matt Stypulkoski may be reached at mstypulkoski@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @M_Stypulkoski. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

funny how different something looks with context..

Bell obviously poking fun at the overreaction by some fans and media.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think he’s the overall problem, but you drafted him at 6 to be part of the solution and he’s just not. He is, right now,  single-handedly taking a vulnerable, struggling team and consciously setting fire to it for entirely selfish reasons. He’s an absolute piece of sh*t for doing this to the 52 other players, coaches, fans, etc, all because he’s butthurt that the Cowboys didn’t want him enough to toss in a third rounder. 

Once they drafted him he was a sunk cost.  Adams is not the reason this team sucks 

"A guy like Kerry Rhodes had 5x the on the field impact of Jamal Adams"
This is a bulls**t statement plain and simple and you know it. 

PFF, who Adams fanboys treat as gospel, rated Rhodes with 2 seasons at a higher grade than Adams has received in his first 2 seasons.

Rhodes was more impactful than Jamal Adams, who thinks he’s on the level of Aaron Donald.
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

funny how different something looks with context..

Bell obviously poking fun at the overreaction by some fans and media.

You so sure of that?

Maybe it was Bell 'jokingly' telling Adams to step away from the mic to save him face.

Bell's been around the block a time or two, and I am sure knows Adams' tact here is in neither his or the NYJ best interest.

• Like 1

Honestly, I am tired of reading threads on trading Adams. He is the best player we have on defense and top 5 in the whole team. And this BS that S is not important is getting tired. Yeah, back in the day of the John Riggins and Walter Peyton, S was an after thought but in a league that is as pass happy as this one, S is probably in the top 5 in importance. I would say even more important than DB because so few DB's can really cover due to the rules so you need to help them. 

Figure out a way to fix the OL without trading your best defensive player. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

You so sure of that?

Maybe it was Bell 'jokingly' telling Adams to step away from the mic to save him face.

Bell's been around the block a time or two, and I am sure knows Adams' tact here is in neither his or the NYJ best interest.

jokes aside Bell has done nothing but EXUDE positivity in the face of adversity...  he's become beloved in NY for it.  Why, a day after imploring Jet fans to stay the course, would he stroll in and completely out of character put Jamal on blast in front of everyone.  It was clearly a joke at all of us, myself included, overreacting to this "story".

jokes aside Bell has done nothing but EXUDE positivity in the face of adversity...  he's become beloved in NY for it.  Why, a day after imploring Jet fans to stay the course, would he stroll in and completely out of character put Jamal on blast in front of everyone.  It was clearly a joke at all of us, myself included, overreacting to this "story".

Every joke has an element of truth to it.

Sure, let’s force Douglas to try to replace all 5 OL with 1 arm tied behind his back. Great plan.

QB

C

OG

OT

CB

WR

Play making TE

Pass rushing OLB

are all more important than a safety. 

I'd trade him tomorrow very easily and whoever we put in his place will get 5 tackles, a pass break up and will not int a pass all with less drama.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

You so sure of that?

Exactly. Bell was on a team with a QB who is a rapist, and he was the one they told to **** off. He knows the difference between a player that's a nice-to-have and a player that's a must-have. He was basically letting the box safety know that his skill set isn't impactful enough for him to run his big ******* mouth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, let’s force Douglas to try to replace all 5 OL with 1 arm tied behind his back. Great plan. emoji106.png

You are correct,  all 5 need to be replaced. I got news for you. The OL is not getti g fixed in one season. We are looking at at least 3 or 4 guys to replace and I highly doubt Douglas is going to spend picks in rounds 1, 2, and 3 on the OL unless somehow every other team ignores that position. We are looking at a 2 year minimum rebuild. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

QB

C

OG

OT

CB

WR

Play making TE

Pass rushing OLB

are all more important than a safety. 

I'd trade him tomorrow very easily and whoever we put in his place will get 5 tackles, a pass break up and will not int a pass all with less drama.

QB, LT, Edge, WR, S is how I would rate it. 

OG are not as hard to find as the 5 I just listed. DB is not as hard to find because there are so few elite ones. There are maybe 5 guys in the whole league that are cornerstone players and the refs have been killing them with DPI and DH calls. Ass in how much they allow receivers to push off and pick them, you better have quality help over the top

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You are correct,  all 5 need to be replaced. I got news for you. The OL is not getti g fixed in one season. We are looking at at least 3 or 4 guys to replace and I highly doubt Douglas is going to spend picks in rounds 1, 2, and 3 on the OL unless somehow every other team ignores that position. We are looking at a 2 year minimum rebuild. 

Not true. When Adams gets traded in March for a 1st and 2nd round pick (maybe more) we can use two 1s and a 2 on the OL.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

He's a symptom of the disease that's plagued this team for decades. We continuously use premium draft picks on interior defensive linemen and box safeties. Then we wonder why we can't score points or rush the passer.

It's really that simple, yet we find a thousand ways to talk around this.  We have had 3 decades of terrible drafts. Christ even parcells was terrible at drafting, in fact near the top of the terrible list.  I will say this, the Tanny/Parcells-Idzik-Maccagnan eras is probably the worst drafting stretch in the history of professional sports.

So why not expedite things a bit and trade Jamal, who is not an OL, Pass Rusher or Corner?

Remember the draft where we got Ferguson and Mangold in the 1st? That’s the kind of draft we need to be shooting for.
  • Upvote 2

QB, LT, Edge, WR, S is how I would rate it. 
OG are not as hard to find as the 5 I just listed. DB is not as hard to find because there are so few elite ones. There are maybe 5 guys in the whole league that are cornerstone players and the refs have been killing them with DPI and DH calls. Ass in how much they allow receivers to push off and pick them, you better have quality help over the top

Yes, CB is a scarce position. Hence why it’s far more important than S.

Safeties can be found in the middle rounds or cheaply in FA. Hence why Safety is the 3rd cheapest position in the NFL in terms of average and median starter salary.

Adam’s isn’t Ed Reed...

He’s an All Pro Strong Safety, a none premium position, and no he should not have been taken at 6. Although our roster is so poor he’s in our top three best players.

Now you all want him gone, if you want sh*t Drafted to high players, look no further than Quinnen Williams. The guy can’t get on the field. 30 million to ride the pine.

Mean while Josh Allen is on the tear. While Adams was lied to by his GM, and you want to trade him because he’s upset about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Adam’s isn’t Ed Reed... He’s an All Pro Strong Safety, a none premium position, and no he should not have been taken at 6. Although our roster is so poor he’s in our top three best players.

Now you all want him gone, if you want sh*t Drafted to high players, look no further than Quinnen Williams. The guy can’t get on the field. 30 million to ride the pine.

Mean while Josh Allen is on the tear. While Adams was lied to by his GM, and you want to trade him because he’s upset about it.

None of what you’re talking about here makes any sense. What do Quinnen or Allen have anything to do with Jamal being a selfish, narcissistic douchecanoe who wanted to be traded to Dallas?

And how exactly is Joe Douglas to blame for Jamal’s behavior?

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is not that great, he really isn't.  He makes some splashy plays but he does not create turnovers and he does not get the team off the field often.

He is flashy and gets way more credit on many pays than he deserves.  One of the big plays in the Dallas game  quinnen willaims comes in makes the play, adams rolls over top and cleans up and then struts and the camera follows him and the announcers credit him.

He is vastly overrated and the defenses he has been part of have been poor.

If creating turnovers is the standard, then the Jets haven't had a defensive player worth a f*ck since Darrelle Revis? John Abraham? This is most foolish and outlandish claim I've ever seen. Please everybody disregard anything beerfish has to say. He's obviously got an agenda.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

None of what you’re talking about here makes any sense. What do Quinnen or Allen have anything to do with Jamal being a selfish, narcissistic douchecanoe who wanted to be traded to Dallas?

And how exactly is Joe Douglas to blame for Jamal’s behavior?

A lot of narrative about Adam’s is he’s not a good player, he should have not be drafted so high etc. 

Jamal Adam’s is A very good player, we handled this poorly. Douglas has made a few mistakes so far since he arrived he’s not innocent in any of this.

Jamal is an emotional guy, a lot of guys are very stoic, so this is Alien to them.

Both parties fooked up here, not just Adam’s. Don’t blow smoke up a guys ass especially Adam’s, then try and trade him. He’s going to be pissed. Was his reaction warranted, NO! - Would I have handled it differently yes.

My point is Adam’s has been a success here. He’s Not a Jag, he’s a Pro - Bowler. Our other top 6 picks have been Jags or worse.

We are going to get rid, of the one player that’s been good? - I see now Douglas will clean house, and Adam’s will be gone, along with others.

My problem is they will throw the baby out with the bath water. People just want blood now, and Joe Douglas wants his own players.

I will say this, the locker room is about to implode. There will be major mistrust between the management, and players. The Adam’s and Osemele situation has been handled very poorly. I’m expecting the on field sh*t show to get worse.

6 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

Not true. When Adams gets traded in March for a 1st and 2nd round pick (maybe more) we can use two 1s and a 2 on the OL.

Like I said, I doubt that happens but let's  see. We need more than OL to fix things. 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So why not expedite things a bit and trade Jamal, who is not an OL, Pass Rusher or Corner?

Remember the draft where we got Ferguson and Mangold in the 1st? That’s the kind of draft we need to be shooting for.

Of we get Thomas, that will go a long way in fixing things I hope. 

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I am tired of reading threads on trading Adams. He is the best player we have on defense and top 5 in the whole team. And this BS that S is not important is getting tired. Yeah, back in the day of the John Riggins and Walter Peyton, S was an after thought but in a league that is as pass happy as this one, S is probably in the top 5 in importance. I would say even more important than DB because so few DB's can really cover due to the rules so you need to help them. 

I agree that safety is important. So important that Adams poor play against the Jags led to 14 points for them. He admitted to blowing the coverage on 1 play and let a QB escape a sure sack to throw a TD pass. Adams is not all that. He is a top 5 player as you say on a 1-6 team with a piss poor roster. Not something to brag about in my book. Adams coverage skills are average at best and he is not even close to being a top 5 guy at his position. He is top 5 at running his mouth though, no doubt about that.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Right on point. IMO they have to trade him now. His holdout come training camp is almost assured. He isn't going to come cheap and if they do sign him at best he will be what he is now with an even more inflated ego. At worst he will be Trumaine Johnson. Either way that culture change that was supposed to happen will change but for the worst and Jamal will get another Coach/GM fired and the crap carousel that this organization has been on will continue to turn. The end result will be more horrible play and the team will sink further from contention.

if the coach leaves adams in the game while he's not performing then he should be fired.  i just think you don't make a team better by trading away guys who are performing on the field.  yeah i get the stupid pf's he's gotten.  williams needs to pull him aside and not tolerate it.  but at the same time he has great football instincts and those can't be coached.  worst case the jets have him for 2 more seasons.  they should be able to build the team in that time frame.  and even the so called draft pick isn't a sure thing.  if they trade adams they still have to replace him.  from where?  draft?  free agent?  it's not that easy.

6 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I agree that safety is important. So important that Adams poor play against the Jags led to 14 points for them. He admitted to blowing the coverage on 1 play and let a QB escape a sure sack to throw a TD pass. Adams is not all that. He is a top 5 player as you say on a 1-6 team with a piss poor roster. Not something to brag about in my book. Adams coverage skills are average at best and he is not even close to being a top 5 guy at his position. He is top 5 at running his mouth though, no doubt about that.

No argument on the mouth but he is the reason we have the only win we do. If he doesn't  force Dak into a bad pass, Witten catches that ball. He had perfect position on the DB. Players have bad games as well as good ones

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

if the coach leaves adams in the game while he's not performing then he should be fired.  i just think you don't make a team better by trading away guys who are performing on the field.  yeah i get the stupid pf's he's gotten.  williams needs to pull him aside and not tolerate it.  but at the same time he has great football instincts and those can't be coached.  worst case the jets have him for 2 more seasons.  they should be able to build the team in that time frame.  and even the so called draft pick isn't a sure thing.  if they trade adams they still have to replace him.  from where?  draft?  free agent?  it's not that easy.

Adams is going to holdout man. No doubt about it. The guy thinks he is in the class of Brady. He has stated he holds himself in high regard. Safeties are a dime a dozen and Miles can play the position IMO. 

Adams is a me first player who showed his true colors. The faster he is gone the better. Tired of his I'm better than the rest of you act. Phuck him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think he’s the overall problem, but you drafted him at 6 to be part of the solution and he’s just not. He is, right now,  single-handedly taking a vulnerable, struggling team and consciously setting fire to it for entirely selfish reasons. He’s an absolute piece of sh*t for doing this to the 52 other players, coaches, fans, etc, all because he’s butthurt that the Cowboys didn’t want him enough to toss in a third rounder. 

I'm starting to think that Jamal reminds me of the NFL version of the My Pillow commercials we see constantly.  Like the My Pillow , Jamal is all about marketing his brand, not about a top quality product.  

When it comes to pillows, My Pillow immediately comes to mind, but it is far from the best pillow or the best price point.  It serves it purpose, but you only recognize it due to its mass marketting campaigns . If you really evaluate that pillow, you could buy a better quality pillow at a better return or price point but it comes without all the marketing and fancy look at me packaging.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3