kevinc855

The Adams Issue

10 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Adams is going to holdout man. No doubt about it. The guy thinks he is in the class of Brady. He has stated he holds himself in high regard. Safeties are a dime a dozen and Miles can play the position IMO. 

Adams is a me first player who showed his true colors. The faster he is gone the better. Tired of his I'm better than the rest of you act. Phuck him.

Douglas made a mistake not trading Adams

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, varjet said:

If Adams is smart he is either meeting with his current or new agent and figuring out his new plan.  That plan should be like Landon Collins’ was .  He should focus his efforts on the field, and either the Jets will sucker up an extension for him early (possible), or a another bad team will overpay for him.   He should not be counting on a good team paying up for him, because they don’t fund box safeties like that and stay good teams.  

A good team will draft them at the highest at the bottom of the first round and not re-sign them.   That is what the Cowboys could have done. 

But for now, if he is smart, he should play hard and be quiet.

adams is a self absorbed entitled dope..

no chance of him being quiet.. none..

He needs to grow up. He's not the first great player to be talked about in trade rumors. The Bears traded Khalil Mack last off season. It's not that big of a deal.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Joejet said:

This wouldn’t have fit into one of the other 10 Jamal Adams threads?

Obviously not when the OP needs attention as much as the mediocre talent he’s fixated on defending.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, PepPep said:

"A guy like Kerry Rhodes had 5x the on the field impact of Jamal Adams"

This is a bulls**t statement plain and simple and you know it. 

Fun fact: As per PFF, which everyone was waving around as proof of Adams greatness last year, Kerry Rhodes has had two better seasons.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

I think it would be easier to 'get over it', if we were talking about a Beckham Jr or a Ramsey type of elite talent. 

No one is questioning Adams' heart on the field, or his desire to win, but when you are highlighting a tackle of his on a 66 yard run play, then you then have to question his value on the field in terms of impact.

Set that value on the field against his lack of maturity and professionalism off it, then you have to ask yourself, is he worth it? Most of us are saying 'no'. 

Vernon Gholston once ran down Chris Johnson and bitonti talked about it for 3 years.  I don’t think you’re gonna sell this.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

I'm starting to think that Jamal reminds me of the NFL version of the My Pillow commercials we see constantly.  Like the My Pillow , Jamal is all about marketing his brand, not about a top quality product.  

When it comes to pillows, My Pillow immediately comes to mind, but it is far from the best pillow or the best price point.  It serves it purpose, but you only recognize it due to its mass marketting campaigns . If you really evaluate that pillow, you could buy a better quality pillow at a better return or price point but it comes without all the marketing and fancy look at me packaging.  

I strongly support changing Adams’s official nickname from Prez to My Pillow

• Upvote 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

I strongly support changing Adams’s official nickname from Prez to My Pillow

I would also accept Pac’s Pillow

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think he’s the overall problem, but you drafted him at 6 to be part of the solution and he’s just not. He is, right now,  single-handedly taking a vulnerable, struggling team and consciously setting fire to it for entirely selfish reasons. He’s an absolute piece of sh*t for doing this to the 52 other players, coaches, fans, etc, all because he’s butthurt that the Cowboys didn’t want him enough to toss in a third rounder. 

30 other teams could have called too...

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Get over it. He’s a blue chip player who plays hard every game. Last game the jets were 1-5 and Adams came from the back field to make a tackle on a fournette run destined for a touchdown. He has has heart, he has spark. Does he talk a little? Yea he does. Did he say some things he should not of yesterday. Yea he did. He’s like 24. Did you all say or do the right things at 24? Yea exactly. Let the kid grow and play. He’s not perfect but he’s got spunk and a desire to win. I will take that any day over some “respectful” dude who thinks 1-6 is ok. 

At 24 he should be a man and not a whiny little b^tch. Joe Douglas should be fining him and telling him to STFU, make more plays and I won't entertain calls for you. Adams is NOT Tom Brady and IMO is not a Pro Bowl player. He whiffs on sacks when he comes in clean because he is out of control. I would have taken a 1st and third day pick for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

There is no issue .. if the team starts to win he will want to stay.

This is a non-issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

And you don’t see that as big a red flag as any?

30 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He needs to grow up. He's not the first great player to be talked about in trade rumors. The Bears traded Khalil Mack last off season. It's not that big of a deal.

He isnt even a great player. He is very good but he has convinced himself he is elite which is why everyone is now making fun of him after his comments comparing himself to Brady lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

A lot of narrative about Adam’s is he’s not a good player, he should have not be drafted so high etc. 

Jamal Adam’s is A very good player, we handled this poorly. Douglas has made a few mistakes so far since he arrived he’s not innocent in any of this.

Jamal is an emotional guy, a lot of guys are very stoic, so this is Alien to them.

Both parties fooked up here, not just Adam’s. Don’t blow smoke up a guys ass especially Adam’s, then try and trade him. He’s going to be pissed. Was his reaction warranted, NO! - Would I have handled it differently yes.

My point is Adam’s has been a success here. He’s Not a Jag, he’s a Pro - Bowler. Our other top 6 picks have been Jags or worse.

We are going to get rid, of the one player that’s been good? - I see now Douglas will clean house, and Adam’s will be gone, along with others.

My problem is they will throw the baby out with the bath water. People just want blood now, and Joe Douglas wants his own players.

I will say this, the locker room is about to implode. There will be major mistrust between the management, and players. The Adam’s and Osemele situation has been handled very poorly. I’m expecting the on field sh*t show to get worse.

Bull crap. The Jets front office does not have to answer to any player, especially a guy like this who makes a great play one time and then several poor ones. He has a very high opinion of himself which I do not share. I agree that the Osemele thing was handled poorly but Adams case is different.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

If creating turnovers is the standard, then the Jets haven't had a defensive player worth a f*ck since Darrelle Revis? John Abraham? This is most foolish and outlandish claim I've ever seen. Please everybody disregard anything beerfish has to say. He's obviously got an agenda.

Yes, creating pressure on the QB and turnovers is the standard.  If you're not hitting the QB or causing somebody to lose the football, you're not an elite/impactful defensive player in 2019.  

Truth hurts?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

No argument on the mouth but he is the reason we have the only win we do. If he doesn't  force Dak into a bad pass, Witten catches that ball. He had perfect position on the DB. Players have bad games as well as good ones

Jeez, a lot of you guys are going to ride that Dallas game for all its worth, eh?  The very next game he played like dogsh*t.

2.5 seasons in and Jamal has had like 2-3 "signature" plays.  Is that really enough for a supposedly "elite" player?

• Upvote 1

Adams is a great player.

But the only thing that matters is keeping Darnold healthy- and we can’t do that without an offensive line.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is not that great, he really isn't.  He makes some splashy plays but he does not create turnovers and he does not get the team off the field often.

He is flashy and gets way more credit on many pays than he deserves.  One of the big plays in the Dallas game  quinnen willaims comes in makes the play, adams rolls over top and cleans up and then struts and the camera follows him and the announcers credit him.

He is vastly overrated and the defenses he has been part of have been poor.

He’s probably the best strong safety in the NFL. But the SS is probably a little bit like the FB of the 00’s

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

He’s probably the best strong safety in the NFL. But the SS is probably a little bit like the FB of the 00’s

Yet pointing this simple notion out triggered the masses.  It's truly a strange phenomenon.  No wonder cult leaders are a thing.  Narcissists will always have defenders.  

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Douglas made a mistake not trading Adams

This is partly correct. Douglas did not trade Adams because the deal was not what he wanted for the guy. If Dallas truly wanted Adams they would have ponied up. This makes me truly believe Adams and his agent were behind this whole fiasco because Jamal wanted to force a move to Dallas. The Jets did not cave and wanted the deal on their terms not Dallas'. Going forward the Jets have to trade him. If not he will holdout and become an even bigger distraction than he is now. Will they get a better offer in the off-season? I think its possible. Will Adams mail it in the rest of THIS season? I don't think he will but the possibility is there due to his remarks at the presser yesterday. I am just tired of this guys act and think a parting of the ways is going to happen one way or another. Which is what Adams most likely wanted all along. I hope they trade him to any other team BUT Dallas. Just to mess with him. Punk.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jeez, a lot of you guys are going to ride that Dallas game for all its worth, eh?  The very next game he played like dogsh*t.

2.5 seasons in and Jamal has had like 2-3 "signature" plays.  Is that really enough for a supposedly "elite" player?

Can’t answer an invalid question bc he’s had more than 2-3 signature plays. He’s all over the field every game and plays his position about as well as anybody. The value of the position just isn’t as high as others and the greats like Palamalu had other elite players around him. 

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Can’t answer an invalid question bc he’s had more than 2-3 signature plays. He’s all over the field every game and plays his position about as well as anybody. The value of the position just isn’t as high as others and the greats like Palamalu had other elite players around him. 

Point out those signature plays please.  And quantify this notion of being "all over the field" as well. 

It sounds like I'm asking a lot of you and other Jamal supporters but it really shouldn't be that hard to do.  Instead all we get is that he plays with "fire" and is "flying around out there".  That's great.  Quantify it.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, CB is a scarce position. Hence why it’s far more important than S.

Safeties can be found in the middle rounds or cheaply in FA. Hence why Safety is the 3rd cheapest position in the NFL in terms of average and median starter salary.

Under the PI rules, there are no shutdown DBs. The corner or safety you sign off the street or take in the later rounds under the current rules isn't all that much better or different than one you take in the 1st round. Other than you wind up overpaying the corner or safety you take in the 1st well beyond his actual contribution to the defense. Either you pressure the QB and sack him or  make him throw it away or make a bad decision, or receivers get open. 

A cornerstone Ol guy or an edge, that you readily pay that 2nd contract. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Point out those signature plays please.  And quantify this notion of being "all over the field" as well. 

It sounds like I'm asking a lot of you and other Jamal supporters but it really shouldn't be that hard to do.  Instead all we get is that he plays with "fire" and is "flying around out there".  That's great.  Quantify it.  

Another failed safety blitz? Oh,that....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Under the PI rules, there are no shutdown DBs. The corner or safety you sign off the street or take in the later rounds under the current rules isn't all that much better or different than one you take in the 1st round. Other than you wind up overpaying the corner or safety you take in the 1st well beyond his actual contribution to the defense. Either you pressure the QB and sack him or  make him throw it away or make a bad decision, or receivers get open. 

A cornerstone Ol guy or an edge, that you readily pay that 2nd contract. 

I agree that there are no shutdown DB's.  The issue I take with that argument is that somehow you can justify not looking for cover guys at all and focus your efforts elsewhere.  Or that because its so hard to cover, a FS and SS are no different in terms of value.  No, not at all.

Just because it's never been harder to find guys who can cover doesn't mean you stop trying to find them.  You just can't afford to invest heavy resources into the "hard-hitting" Safeties who are weak in coverage.  You need to find CB's in the draft and also get creative and look for Free Safeties who can play LIKE corners.  Similar to an NBA forward/center who can hit three pointers (stretch bigs).  Those guys get paid handsomely.  The FS/CB hybrids who are the best examples of this are Mathieu and Keith Byard.    

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

No argument on the mouth but he is the reason we have the only win we do. If he doesn't  force Dak into a bad pass, Witten catches that ball. He had perfect position on the DB. Players have bad games as well as good ones

I'm so tired of hearing about the friggin Dallas Game. Great players show up EVERY game. Adams is not an all world safety and should stop being treated as such. He is a Captain on this team and after what he pulled earlier this week should have that C taken from him. If it was me I would bench him for the 1st qtr not because of what he said and did but because he is a Team Captain and did and said those things. The guy should be flattered teams want him, not upset about it. Guys a punk plain and simple.

12 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Why?

Kerry Rhodes first 3 years with the Jets:

10 INT’s, 8 sacks, 24 passes defended

Jamal Adams first 3 years with the Jets so far:

2 INT’s, 5.5 sacks, 21 passes defended

How the hell is this even a debate? 

And Rhodes was a 4th round pick, not 6th overall.

If Adams didn’t go around constantly beating his chest and flapping his gums then no one would give two sh*ts about him and would routinely call him out for the disappointment he’s been.

And Kerry Rhodes is a fiercer fashionista than our boy Jamal. 

• Upvote 3

and make no mistake - BB would trade Brady for the right offer LOL hopefully the Boston reporters take note and ask the question because I bet he would have gone with Jimmy G and traded Brady for multiple 1's and still won another SB

Adams is an excellent player who hasn't been respected by many in the fan base.
BUT this situation is all his doing and he has exposed himself:

- Adams listens to social media way too much

- Adams doesn't understand football is a business.  Its Douglas job to pick up the phone
and see what's in the market.  If someone is dumb enough to offer a Herschel Walker/
Ricky Williams type of trade (for younger posters, Google them) for one of your players
you consider it

- Adams has an over inflated opinion of himself and his play.  Comparing himself to
Brady and Donald is beyond delusional

- Adams is immature.  He thinks "leadership" and the captain's C is all about being loud
and doing interviews

If he doesn't "man up" and sit down with Douglas quickly he'll probably be shipped out of
here before the draft.  This team needs OLine, pass rushers, CB and WR.  If we can get
2-3 premium draft picks for him, do it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Fun fact: As per PFF, which everyone was waving around as proof of Adams greatness last year, Kerry Rhodes has had two better seasons.

Everyone makes fun of Rhodes, but he was terrific early in his career for us. I remember Belichek being rumored as a huge fan.

I feel like Kerry played more center field for us than Adams does, but that was two kids ago and my memory isn't what it was...

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

Adams is an excellent player who hasn't been respected by many in the fan base.
BUT this situation is all his doing and he has exposed himself:

- Adams listens to social media way too much

- Adams doesn't understand football is a business.  Its Douglas job to pick up the phone
and see what's in the market.  If someone is dumb enough to offer a Herschel Walker/
Ricky Williams type of trade (for younger posters, Google them) for one of your players
you consider it

- Adams has an over inflated opinion of himself and his play.  Comparing himself to
Brady and Donald is beyond delusional

- Adams is immature.  He thinks "leadership" and the captain's C is all about being loud
and doing interviews

If he doesn't "man up" and sit down with Douglas quickly he'll probably be shipped out of
here before the draft.  This team needs OLine, pass rushers, CB and WR.  If we can get
2-3 premium draft picks for him, do it

The craziest comment in that press conference yesterday was that the Rams wouldn't pick up the phone for Donald. How does he know? 

If the Cowboys picked up the phone for Hershel Walker...

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Apparently  his w or 3 sign plays were good enough to get him voted to the pro bowl. How many pro bowl players do the Jets have?

He is top 3 at his position and top 1 on defense for the Jets. You don't  build getting rid of your best players. Trade other players. Trade Anderson, Hell, Trade Bell if you want and draft a RB or pick up someone like Coleman as SF did. 

Let me also say, If we had a Ramsey  or Gilmore on this team, I would be ok but Adam's is the only guy on the secondary that isn't  Dog 💩

56 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I'm so tired of hearing about the friggin Dallas Game. Great players show up EVERY game. Adams is not an all world safety and should stop being treated as such. He is a Captain on this team and after what he pulled earlier this week should have that C taken from him. If it was me I would bench him for the 1st qtr not because of what he said and did but because he is a Team Captain and did and said those things. The guy should be flattered teams want him, not upset about it. Guys a punk plain and simple.

I totally agree with a lot of what you wrote. Adams is a moron and and should have the C ripped off his Jersey but he is still our best defensive player 

• Haha 1

Jamal Adams

Adams is an excellent player who hasn’t been respected by many in the fan base. But this situation is all his doing and he has exposed himself:

– Adams listens to social media way too much.

– Adams doesn’t understand football is a business.  Its Douglas job to pick up the phone and see what’s in the market.  If someone is dumb enough to offer a Herschel Walker / Ricky Williams type of trade (for younger posters, Google them) for one of your players you consider it.

– Adams has an over inflated opinion of himself and his play.  Comparing himself to Brady and Donald is beyond delusional.

– Adams is immature.  He thinks “leadership” and the captain’s C is all about being loud and doing interviews.

If he doesn’t “man up” and sit down with Douglas quickly he’ll probably be shipped out of here before the draft.  This team needs OLine, pass rushers, CB and WR. If we can get 2-3 premium draft picks for him, do it.

Jets fans are in our forums now discussing the Jamal Adams trade rumors.

The post The Adams Issue appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
OdlPWitykdY

Click here to read the full story...