Predict Sam Darnold's Stats For Sunday

Maxman

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

For serious or are you being a jokester. You really think Sammy will throw 3 INTs  and have 2 fumbles vs the Phins on 42 attempts?   

I think predicting a players stats is silly in the first place but I'm not expecting Darnold to have a good game until I see the protection issues cleaned up. I have no reason to believe that's suddenly going to happen in week 8. 

?‍♂️

I think Sam is going to dink, dunk, and be ultra conservative. He's concerned about his INTS now. You'll see a lot of him rolling to the right and throwing the ball to the sideline to avoid inflating his interception totals. He'll take a lot of sacks instead of throwing off his back foot. 

With that said here is my stats for Darnold this Sunday: 13/22, 275 yds,  1 TD, 0 INT, 2 Fmb, 2 FL, 5 Sk.

Bonus: We will see vintage Fitzpatrick aka Fitzmagic: 31/51, 385 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT, 0 Fmb, 1 Sk. Postgame presser he flashes the hairy chest with his chains.

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I think Sam is going to dink, dunk, and be ultra conservative. He's concerned about his stats now. You'll see a lot of him rolling to the right and throwing the ball to the sideline to avoid inflating his interception totals. He'll take a lot of sacks instead of throwing off his back foot. 

With that said here is my stats for Darnold this Sunday: 13/22, 275 yds,  1 TD, 0 INT, 2 Fmb, 2 FL, 5 Sk.

Bonus: We will see vintage Fitzpatrick aka Fitzmagic: 31/51, 385 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT, 0 Fmb, 1 Sk. Postgame presser he flashes the hairy chest with his chains.

Do you really think he is concerned about his INTs b/c of stats? I just think he doesn't want to turn the ball over b/c, you know, that's a bad thing. What makes you think he is now worried more about overall stats than winning or hurting his team with turnovers.  

38 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think predicting a players stats is silly in the first place but I'm not expecting Darnold to have a good game until I see the protection issues cleaned up. I have no reason to believe that's suddenly going to happen in week 8. 

?‍♂️

the phins have zero pass rush so pass blocking *shouldn’t* be a big issue this week

Just now, PepPep said:

Do you really think he is concerned about his INTs b/c of stats? I just think he doesn't want to turn the ball over b/c, you know, that's a bad thing. What makes you think he is now worried more about overall stats than winning or hurting his team with turnovers.  

I said he's concerned about how much he's turning the ball over the last two games and I believe you'll see him throw it out of bounds more as well as take a sack instead of throwing a ball up for grabs off his back foot. I never said he cares about his stats more than winning...you said that, strawman. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

this feels 100% accurate 

fitzmagic has been brewing 

the Dolphins played the Bills tough 

meanwhile Darnold can't hit the ocean from the beach 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I said he's concerned about how much he's turning the ball over the last two games and I believe you'll see him throw it out of bounds more as well as take a sack instead of throwing a ball up for grabs off his back foot. I never said he cares about his stats more than winning...you said that, strawman. 

you wanna put some money on the game? or you just like to laugh at people that are out here winning cash every week 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, cant wait said:

the phins have zero pass rush so pass blocking *shouldn’t* be a big issue this week

The majority of our protection issues have come from our players not being able to figure out how to identify which pass rusher to pickup. If the Fins just go vanilla and rush 4 guys straight up maybe you're right. If they send extra rushers and stunt the rush I expect there to be free rushers at the QB for most every pass play as we have see all season except the Cowboys game. The Cowboys must have the most incompetent defensive coordinator in the league.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The majority of our protection issues have come from our players not being able to figure out how to identify which pass rusher to pickup. If the Fins just go vanilla and rush 4 guys straight up maybe you're right. If they send extra rushers and stunt the rush I expect there to be free rushers at the QB for most every pass play as we have see all season except the Cowboys game. The Cowboys must have the most incompetent defensive coordinator in the league.

on monday miami was running prevent defense on their own 30 yard line and then put xavien howard on IR after the game. they can’t even run a basic defense let alone exotic blitzes

6 minutes ago, cant wait said:

LOL nah that’s me laughing at you being too scared or too poor to put your money where your mouth is

Scared? This week smart money is on the Dolphins. You're betting with your heart bro. You'll lose and be out whatever you bet on the Jets plus be disappointed in your 1-7 Jets.

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Scared? This week smart money is on the Dolphins. You're betting with your heart bro. You'll lose and be out whatever you bet on the Jets plus be disappointed in your 1-7 Jets.

giphy.gif

I’ve bet the jets exactly one time this season and that was week 6 vs dallas. I pick teams I think will win- which is why I rarely bet my favorite team

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yeah, its not like hes ever done this before.  Oh, wait a minute.......

Well, there's a difference between going up against the best defense in the NFL and undefeated team in NE, then a very good defense in the Jags and going up against arguably the worst defense in the NFL and winless team in the Phins. 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Ok. I hear that. With so much Jamal and Darnold hate on the forums its hard to recognize any posts as not negative. It sounded like you implied that when you said he is worried about his stats now and he is worried about inflating his int totals. I think i just misinterpreted that. 

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I expect a 3 TD 0 INT type of game. Miami has no cornerbacks and the team in general packed it in during the Summer - he needs to show out bigtime... not only on Sunday but in every game of this stretch of bad teams.

They're not good, but if they were really losing on purpose they'd still be starting Rosen. 

Reality is Miami's last 3 games in a row - since getting Rosen off the field - were all competitive into the 4th quarter. We've been within a 4th quarter TD of our opponent once in the last 4 weeks and twice all year. 

There is no outcome in either direction that would shock me.

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You seem cool.

He's really sensitive when it comes to his picks. All I did was laugh at his bet heavy on the Jets this weekend. Bet heavy on this Jets team is a joke, and even more a joke when it's on the road and when you factor in the Dolphins actually look like they're playing competitive football the last 3 weeks despite the notion they're tanking. I think the Jets will lose though it will be a 1 to 3 points close. As for the Browns, I believe they'll cover facing Brandon Allen instead of Joe Flacco. Fangio defense looked pretty good last week in Indianapolis. If Flacco was starting I would have picked the Broncos. 

25 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Well, there's a difference between going up against the best defense in the NFL and undefeated team in NE, then a very good defense in the Jags and going up against arguably the worst defense in the NFL and winless team in the Phins. 

Ok. I hear that. With so much Jamal and Darnold hate on the forums its hard to recognize any posts as not negative. It sounded like you implied that when you said he is worried about his stats now and he is worried about inflating his int totals. I think i just misinterpreted that. 

I looked back at my post, and I should have said concerned about his INT's and not just stats. I can see how just saying concerned about stats can be misconstrued.  

2 hours ago, cant wait said:

you wanna put some money on the game? or you just like to laugh at people that are out here winning cash every week 

I used to know a lot of guys who talked like you.

Before post time of the 9th race at Belmont, they were the ones looking to borrow $12 to box a Triple.

I still know a few of them. They hang out in a bar an old friend of mine owns up on Long Island. They're still sitting in the same seats they did 30 years ago. They're still wearing the same clothes. It's like the land where time stood still. lol.

They drive old cars (if they even own one), live in their parents old homes or a cheap apartment, and they carry their "bank account" in their wallet.

Here's the difference between me and @playtowinthegame and guys like you. Him and I both like a little action, but we're both smart enough to respect the house.