Nationals, I Salute You

JetsLife

Live by the sword die by the sword. The analytics let Houston down in Game 7. Grienke and Cole should have been the only pitchers to touch the ball tonight for Houston. 

Didn’t help that the ‘Stros left 7 men on base in the first 4 innings alone.

Wonder how Bryce Harper is feeling right about now. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Hey.  They still have the Skins and The Bullets.  They haven't beaten you guys in everything.

Oh yeah!  That's right.  The Knicks are just as bad as The Jets and Giants

The issue with DC sports is that there are so many transplants living there from all over the country. The Redskins and Capitals have a wide  reaching fanbase in Virginia and Maryland respectively (Caps and Wizards get Baltimore, Skins get southern Maryland, and all of VA). Not sure anyone really cares too much about the Nats over there. In fact if the Orioles didn’t suck I’d venture to say the Nats wouldn’t exist.

24 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

The issue with DC sports is that there are so many transplants living there from all over the country. The Redskins and Capitals have a wide  reaching fanbase in Virginia and Maryland respectively (Caps and Wizards get Baltimore, Skins get southern Maryland, and all of VA). Not sure anyone really cares too much about the Nats over there. In fact if the Orioles didn’t suck I’d venture to say the Nats wouldn’t exist.

Yeah.  I imagind that's a key issue.  That's sh*t's really annoying for home fans.

2 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

There were thousands of people sitting in the rain in an empty stadium watching the game on the scoreboard. They ranked 16 out of 32 in attendance this season. Lots of people care about the Nats here. It’s the Redskins and that owner no one likes. 

• Upvote 2

Usually if my Team isn't in it I root for the underdog. I guess it's the gambler in me talking. I wasn't too into this World Series. I checked the score and watched some of it but I wasn't as emotionally invested as I usually am. Sign of baseballs decline? I couldn't tell ya. I just wasn't as interested as I used to be.

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You are incorrect. We do care. And we’d be here regardless of the O’s fortunes. 

I have no words to express the happiness of finally seeing MY beloved team, in any sport, win a Title. It is pure joy. Especially this team, which reminded me in many ways of the loveable 86’ Mets. I am just very very happy. 

Congrats, pal! It's nice to know somebody on this site will be happy until we start talking the draft.? Hinch will never live down the fact that Cole never left the bullpen. Get ready to defend your title.....my Mets are coming for you.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Congrats, pal! It's nice to know somebody on this site will be happy until we start talking the draft.? Hinch will never live down the fact that Cole never left the bullpen. Get ready to defend your title.....my Mets are coming for you.

Mets. ROFLMAO ?

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I have no words to express the happiness of finally seeing MY beloved team, in any sport, win a Title. It is pure joy. Especially this team, which reminded me in many ways of the loveable 86’ Mets. I am just very very happy. 

Congrats.

Everyone should see their team win once.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Awesome!

Congrats man....really happy for you.  The Nats gave you one helluva ride and an improbable World Series, which I think are kinda the best championships.  You don't expect it, you're thinking that maybe they can do a little something and win the Wildcard game or one series....then the magic carpet ride starts.  My wife got this with her Eagles two years ago.  I've mentioned it here before but she's a diehard Philly Eagles fan, sat through games at the Vet as a kid, etc.  She flew to the game in Los Angeles vs. the Rams with her sisters when Carson Wentz got hurt.  Thought they were done until Foles turns into Joe Montana for two months.  All this is to say that it's nice to have a POSITIVE surprise with one your sports teams for once!  Really happy for you man.  I'm a Mets fan but not a Nats hater...I like a lot of those guys.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Always a stand up guy. Congrats War, I am happy as hell for you pal! I remember the feeling from 1994 when my Rangers won the Stanley Cup. It is amazing. Just don't hit anyone going out to buy Championship apparel and stuff today LOL.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Just curious, how and when did you fall out of love with the Mets and become a Nats fan? 

• Upvote 1

+1 on the sentiment

We visited Nationals Park for Mets road games and found some really good fans. Not so much in all those years going to Stade Olympique though.

Good to see a franchise finally get what we got in 1986. Funny thing is that after it does happen, before you can say "Is that all there is?", that's all there is. :)

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

Just curious, how and when did you fall out of love with the Mets and become a Nats fan? 

I lived NY as a little kid, Jet fan and Met fan. Dad was a Met fan. We loved 86’. 

Moved away. Jets love survived, loathed the Redskins and didn’t play much football. I played Baseball, thought I might have what it took. Stopped following baseball, too busy playing it. Dad died young.

Always felt DC deserved a team. Nats came, went to 2nd game ever, RFK. Followed ever since but casually. Went to new stadium nice place. Last three years more hardcore. This year obsessive from day 1 even when down. Went to lots of games. Went to every round of playoffs and WS. I’m Nats hardcore now.

Im so happy loving a local team. I’ve said it, if the Skins didn’t suck, with a racist name and bad colors and a bad owner....I might have left the Jets behind too. I’ve lived here 30+ years now after all. I’m not a NY’er.

• Upvote 1