My Prediction for Jets 2006 starting QB

afosomf

Jets trade with Falcons and get Shaub for a 2nd rd pick.

Falcons take Croyle in rd 2 to fill that gap.

Falcons will not be able to afford MS, with upcoming FA, better to get a good pick, basically a late 1st rounder.

Jets also trade Abe to KC for their 1st rounder and will take best available OG or take mangold from OSU

If we are going after a starting qb..why not just draft the franchise qb..

Take Cutler at 4..

QB is the most important position on the field...

If you have a chance to get a potential legit franchise qb you must take him..

we can always draft OT with a late first rd pick from an ABE deal..

we can also go guard in rd 2 or through free agency...

Take Cutler at 4..

we can always draft OT with a late first rd pick from an ABE deal..

we can also go guard in rd 2 or through free agency...

i think Cutler busts out, history will repeat itself

Browning Nagle strong arm 6 3

Jay Cutler strong arm 6 3

Take Cutler at 4..

What makes you so sure that Cutler will be a "franchise" QB.

Schaub, who is a proven commodity, for a 2nd round pick is a much better deal then taking a risk with Cutler at #4.

What makes you so sure that Cutler will be a "franchise" QB.

Schaub, who is a proven commodity, for a 2nd round pick is a much better deal then taking a risk with Cutler at #4.

How is Schaub a proven commodity?

He's started a handful of games, and I think his TD/INT is 4/4.

He did tear up the pats secondary this year, but thats not saying much.

How is Schaub a proven commodity?

He's started a handful of games, and I think his TD/INT is 4/4.

He did tear up the pats secondary this year, but thats not saying much.

Two years in an NFL system with several starts under his belt.

Excellent over-the-top delivery with velocity.

Very good pocket presence (he really steps up nice in the pocket) with no happy feet.

He's 6 5 , smart and has better mechanics!!!!!!!!!

So does Matt Leinart, nobodys saying he is a proven commodity.

Correction. His TD/INT is 5/4 in his career. He's got skills, and I like him, but #35 is alittle too high for him.

He hasnt proven anything.

So does Matt Leinart, nobodys saying he is a proven commodity.

Correction. His TD/INT is 5/4 in his career. He's got skills, and I like him, but #35 is alittle too high for him.

He hasnt proven anything.

Schaub has a legit NFL arm, while Leinart's arm has drawn the criticism of being weak.

Even if you say they're equal, the #4 pick will cost us a ton. Schaub might be able to step in right away.

What have Leinart, Cutler or Young proven, that they're excellent college players? That is no guarantee and doesn't always translate into NFL success.

I'd much rather take a risk with Schaub if it means signing DBrick. The 35th pick is well worth the risk, when you weigh in the contracts(RFA vs. 20 million +), draft picks involved(#4 overall vs. #35) and experience(0 vs two years learning system, NFL).

Schaub has a legit NFL arm, while Leinart's arm has drawn the criticism of being weak.

Even if you say they're equal, the #4 pick will cost us a ton. Schaub might be able to step in right away.

What have Leinart, Cutler or Young proven, that they're excellent college players? That is no guarantee and doesn't always translate into NFL success.

I'd much rather take a risk with Schaub if it means signing DBrick. The 35th pick is well worth the risk, when you weigh in the contracts(RFA vs. 20 million +), draft picks involved(#4 overall vs. #35) and experience(0 vs two years learning system, NFL).

Solid post Miami.

The Jets would be crazy not to nab DBrick at #4 and trade the 2nd round pick to the Falcons for Schaub.

Take Steelers for example..... They had average qbs that started every year until Steelers took Long R (Roethlisberger)...

For smart money, you cant have 2 first round qbs.

For first day value, you should not give up any picks to get an unproven qb.

I cant tell whether or not Falcons will suffer losing another future HOF qb..

Schaub does not have a cannon for an arm but is strong enough to make all throws and is not proven accuracer. It sounds like a "better" Pennington. He definitely is not worth a day one pick in Jets' business...

I think Jets should give Quinn Gray a hard look because he is worth day 2 pick.. He is 6 3 246 with a cannon for an arm and quick release and mobility... He may be more advanced than Cutler who will be selected in first round.... Why must waste first round on qb when you can get an advanced qb for day 2 pick?

Jets trade with Falcons and get Shaub for a 2nd rd pick.

Falcons take Croyle in rd 2 to fill that gap.

Falcons will not be able to afford MS, with upcoming FA, better to get a good pick, basically a late 1st rounder.

Jets also trade Abe to KC for their 1st rounder and will take best available OG or take mangold from OSU

i like schaub, i would be very happy with that trade, although i would like it better if the jets first moved down in rd 1 and added a 2nd rd pick to trade.

assmop - i don't see the falcons taking croyle in rd 2. i think that would be too big a source of contention in the atl. for better or worse vick is the face of that franchise with all the $$ they have invested in him.

Take Steelers for example..... They had average qbs that started every year until Steelers took Long R (Roethlisberger)...

For smart money, you cant have 2 first round qbs.

For first day value, you should not give up any picks to get an unproven qb.

I cant tell whether or not Falcons will suffer losing another future HOF qb..

Schaub does not have a cannon for an arm but is strong enough to make all throws and is not proven accuracer. It sounds like a "better" Pennington. He definitely is not worth a day one pick in Jets' business...

I think Jets should give Quinn Gray a hard look because he is worth day 2 pick.. He is 6 3 246 with a cannon for an arm and quick release and mobility... He may be more advanced than Cutler who will be selected in first round.... Why must waste first round on qb when you can get an advanced qb for day 2 pick?

All rules were meant to be broken.

You state that a 1st day pick should not be used on an unproven QB, and I fully agree. So why spend the #4 pick overall, on an unproven QB, sit him for a season, and give him a 25+ million dollar contract? Isn't it the same thing? Which has more risk?

I am about risk, calculated risks. Give me the LT DBrick and Schaub, over a lesser LT and a rookie QB with no experience, a big contract and the typical growing pains. It makes far more sense to use the pick on a kid that has already been acclimated to the NFL.

It is a catch 22, but I doubt Bradway goes this route. His job is on the line.

Holmgren, in hindsight, raped Green Bay in trading his 10th overall for Hasselbeck and the 17th overall.

Jamal Reynolds for Hasselbeck and Steve Hutchinson.

Ron Wolf got Favre for the 17th overall pick.

Look, value is important. If the Jets feel that Schaub could be the man for them, and put in the kind of performance they expect, then he may well be worth it.

Maybe we could get more from Atlanta for him. From Green Bay's standpoint, Hasselbeck only cost them a 6th round pick, and they got in return a 7 slot jump.

In my opinion, we are the team in need. In need of a LT, and starting qb. I am not interested in spending a high pick on a kid that could bust, and screw up my cap. Too much money has already been invested at QB. Sure, Schaub could turn out to be nothing special, but at least I'm not breaking the bank and tying up my cap.

Atlanta, meanwhile stands to lose this kid in a year, but they are not desperate. They have their starter.

When I look around the league and look at the Hasselbecks, Delhommes, etc, guys that were brought in off of other teams and have been successful, it makes me reluctant to place the investment a QB drafted at #4 requires.

There are numerous trade/draft scenarios out there, but so far, drafting DBrick and trading the #35 to Atlanta for this kid is the best option.

i like schaub, i would be very happy with that trade, although i would like it better if the jets first moved down in rd 1 and added a 2nd rd pick to trade.

assmop - i don't see the falcons taking croyle in rd 2. i think that would be too big a source of contention in the atl. for better or worse vick is the face of that franchise with all the $$ they have invested in him.

I agree. The Falcons are not far away. They have needs on their O line and DE, and all could be met with this draft, especially the first three rounds.

Why take Croyle? No way I pass on the monster OT/OG that stand to be available in round 2, not when I can sign a veteran qb to back up Vick.

I don't understand why we would pass on D'Brick and move down in the draft. Isn't our O line one of our biggest concerns? From everything I've read on this guy, he could be a main stay for a decade at a minimum...O lines are not built overnight and I just don't trust Bradway to find us some O line jewel in a later round.

Croyle is the perfect fit for Falcons, he will bulk up for 2 years while he learns

the system and he will be falcons starting Qb in 3 years as Vick will be in pieces by then. Add to that 2nd rd picks are dirt cheap and they need to replace shaub who is being traded to our jests.

Archived