Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
section314

What team was rumored to have offered a 4th for Robby?

Recommended Posts

Could have sworn I saw talk about GB. Imagine Robbie playing in a Superbowl with Rodgers? That would have been something. 

Also, the first time he didn't come back for the ball, Rodgers would have had at it. 

Sliding doors.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Hopefully an offer like that sets the market for his FA value.  Would love to keep him.

That's a good point.

Robby will have some suitors but I've heard some objective analysts debate whether he is a WR2 or a WR3.  There are also at least 5-7 top flight WR prospects coming in the 2020 NFL Draft.  Would be nice to see the Jets keep him on a reasonable deal.  I don't think anyone is going to overpay for him.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Could have sworn I saw talk about GB. Imagine Robbie playing in a Superbowl with Rodgers? That would have been something. 

Also, the first time he didn't come back for the ball, Rodgers would have had at it. 

Sliding doors.

Rodgers typically throws the ball where the WR can actually have more of a shot of catching the ball than than the DB,

as opposed to Darnolds last 7 INTS where the WR has actually 0% chance of getting their hands on the ball.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Rodgers typically throws the ball where the WR can actually have more of a shot of catching the ball than than the DB,

as opposed to Darnolds last 7 INTS where the WR has actually 0% chance of getting their hands on the ball.

 

Typically so does Sam, though he def has had placement issues past two weeks.

Either way, Robbie's coming back to ball is something I've noticed before we ever drafted Sam. Mind, our qb play wasn't stellar prior to Sam anyway but I've always felt (maybe related to his slighter build) that Robbie could do more on some pics. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Lock him up for WR2 money.  If we can keep him for WR3 money even better.  

If we can I'd agree. Just would love to add some muscle weight to dude...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Typically so does Sam, though he def has had placement issues past two weeks.

Either way, Robbie's coming back to ball is something I've noticed before we ever drafted Sam. Mind, our qb play wasn't stellar prior to Sam anyway but I've always felt (maybe related to his slighter build) that Robbie could do more on some pics. 

Of course, Robby isn't w/o flaws. 

THAT type of WR play isn't his forte...  true.

he's easily got 2-3 more TDs this year if Sam doenst underthrow him after he has scorched the Db deep...

THAT's his game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly philly. They tried to get him last yr and with DeSean Jackson out they are missing a deep threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lock him up for WR2 money.  If we can keep him for WR3 money even better.  

agreed !.. only he's gonna be Lookin' for WR1 money   :unsure:

 

 

 

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ryu79 said:

Just would love to add some muscle weight to dude...

We have been saying that for 4 years.   Does he have a thyroid problem?  If you take a normal person and up their calories while going on a good strength and conditioning program, they put on muscle naturally.  At least a little bit.  Does Robby look any different since 4 years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Hopefully an offer like that sets the market for his FA value.  Would love to keep him.

Hard to say at this point. Ultimately it'll be the top bidder that gets him, but getting dangled at the trade deadline doesn't seem to be enamoring any players to the Jets right now. With Robby Anderson, this is further on the heels of not getting an extension last Dec/Jan - while yet-again IR'd Enunwa did get one - even through lobbying hard for one in the media. He's playing this correctly (acting like he's very, very happy he didn't get dealt) in case the Jets are the top bidder in March, or if they make a compelling offer before then.

Also just because a team isn't willing to part with a day 2 draft pick doesn't mean one team won't ante up in FA when no picks are part of the equation. Not to mention, until a trade is finalized, they don't have any idea how much it'd cost to lock the player up once they do trade for him. Unlike an Amari Cooper type of player, when Dallas coughed up a 1st rounder for him a year ago, Anderson isn't worth franchise tagging if they can't come to an agreement. 

Look at Leonard Williams, who couldn't command a 2nd rounder himself, yet is surely looking at a $15MM+/year extension (or UFA contract if they can't come to terms). 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, varjet said:

We have been saying that for 4 years.   Does he have a thyroid problem?  If you take a normal person and up their calories while going on a good strength and conditioning program, they put on muscle naturally.  At least a little bit.  Does Robby look any different since 4 years ago?

Are you a professional or just talking schitt.

Why should he put muscle on him to suit a buncha know nothing fans who couldnt run a 10 sec 40?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

getting dangled

plainly false...   

"New York, at the midway point of the season, is 1-6. It won’t make the playoffs. It’s nowhere close to competing. The roster is littered with holes. Many executives called to pick at the carcass of a presumably dead team."

https://theathletic.com/1337685/2019/10/30/hughes-jamal-adams-goes-scorched-earth-on-jets-as-relationship-appears-irreparably-broken/

Edited by Sperm Edwards
politics
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

plainly false...   l

"New York, at the midway point of the season, is 1-6. It won’t make the playoffs. It’s nowhere close to competing. The roster is littered with holes. Many executives called to pick at the carcass of a presumably dead team."

 

First, save the politics stuff for other websites. That part of your post is deleted. 

Second, it is semantics to say we were dangling players vs making it known we're open to offers. If someone somehow offered up a high 3rd he'd be an ex-Jet. If the Jets thought that much of Anderson he'd already have his extension done by now.

It seems they turned down the highest offer because the calculation was that a 4th rounder (or whatever it was) in April is not worth stripping their 2nd year QB's receiving corps for the second half of the season. Or put another way, hanging onto Anderson instead of trading him was more about Darnold than it was about Anderson. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

First, save the politics stuff for other websites. That part of your post is deleted. 

Second, it is semantics to say we were dangling players vs making it known we're open to offers. If someone somehow offered up a high 3rd he'd be an ex-Jet. If the Jets thought that much of Anderson he'd already have his extension done by now. It seems they turned down the highest offer because the calculation was that a 4th rounder (or whatever it was) in April is not worth stripping their 2nd year QB's receiving corps for the second half of the season. Or put another way, hanging onto Anderson instead of trading him was more about Darnold than it was about Anderson. 

Your right, it’s OK upsetting Adam’s. Quite another doing that to Darnold. If he was dumb enough to do that, the fans should riot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

 it is semantics

hahaha

you're reading comprehension is too low. 

ignore list #56

peace.

 

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

First, save the politics stuff for other websites. That part of your post is deleted. 

mentioning a hilariously ignorant comment that a politician made is not making a political statement,

or having a political discussion, or is your understanding of the language actually that poor?

and why can 't I ignore a moderator? you guys god some God complex or something?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 1:55 PM, BurnleyJet said:

Your right, it’s OK upsetting Adam’s. Quite another doing that to Darnold. If he was dumb enough to do that, the fans should riot.

Adams isn't looking for an extension at the end of this year. Anderson is either surprisingly shrewd or he's getting very good advice from someone. Whichever it is, it was a smart way to handle it. Any potential bad blood was instantly vanished by the player. It shows a level of maturity that may yet make him a good amount more money in the coming months.

Comparatively, Adams acted like a spoiled child just because his feelings were hurt. I mean WTF -- the team turned down an offer of a 1st round pick. Plus even though he plays one of the lower-value positions, and even though with his presence on the team they still stink on ice, and with the Jets clearly desiring another 1st rounder for rebuilding with someone who matters more than a box safety, the team (allegedly) still drew a line in the sand at a 1st and two 2nds, when just last year they used up a 1st and 3 2nds to get Darnold.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

mentioning a hilariously ignorant comment that a politician made is not making a political statement,

or having a political discussion, or is your understanding of the language actually that poor?

and why can 't I ignore a moderator? you guys god some God complex or something?

It is bringing politics into a football discussion. I didn't say you were making a political statement or having a political discussion -- that's you putting words in my mouth (or your understanding of the language must be decidedly poorer than you accuse others of having). I said save the politics stuff for other boards. There is zero reason to make allusions to a politician (particularly one as prominent and polarizing). 

Also: I am a god. A god complex is a condition that afflicts delusional mortals. True gods, like we JN moderators are, were here before you and we'll be here long after you're gone.  

image.png

;) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I am a god. A god complex is a condition that afflicts delusional mortals. 

image.png

am glad that you took the comment in the spirit intended.

but, in all seriousness, why cant a user ignore a moderator?

i mean, i would guess that you could set it up so that moderators could still contact any user thru a PM, but???

why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

am glad that you took the comment in the spirit intended.

but, in all seriousness, why cant a user ignore a moderator?

i mean, i would guess that you could set it up so that moderators could still contact any user thru a PM, but???

why not?

Years ago we anticipated it would annoy you specifically. Duh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Years ago we anticipated it would annoy you specifically. Duh. 

not completely unfunny, but, still...  no actual answer?

just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Rodgers typically throws the ball where the WR can actually have more of a shot of catching the ball than than the DB,

as opposed to Darnolds last 7 INTS where the WR has actually 0% chance of getting their hands on the ball.

 

I can't argue with the truth. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DonCorleone said:

I can't argue with the truth. 

spoken like a true Don..

;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Losmeister said:

not completely unfunny, but, still...  no actual answer?

just curious.

We are your overlords. You must see anything/everything mods put on the boards so you can't then turn around and say, "Oh I had no idea I wasn't allowed to do ______ because you didn't PM me individually."  Come on.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We are your overlords. You must see anything/everything mods put on the boards so you can't then turn around and say, "Oh I had no idea I wasn't allowed to do ______ because you didn't PM me individually."  Come on.

I thought all that jazz was already in the user agreement....

In the end, if anyone got bounced from a free sports forum...  so fugging what!!! Who cares if they complain? They could go to the Serpreem Court...    who gives a rats??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I thought all that jazz was already in the user agreement....

In the end, if anyone got bounced from a free sports forum...  so fugging what!!! Who cares if they complain? They could go to the Serpreem Court...    who gives a rats??

Spermee would have been the better typo

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...