Jets Inside Linebackers Suffer yet Another Injury, Only one Remains

JetNation

Blake Cashman

The Jets will apparently be without the services of rookie linebacker Blake Cashman this Sunday as the Minnesota product suffered a shoulder injury.

#Jets have now lost their top five (!) ILBs
– Mosley (groin)
– Williamson (knee)
– Cashman (shoulder)
– Hewitt (stinger)
– McClellan (concussion)

They’re left with James Burgess, who began season not on roster … and no one else

“Gregg going to have to get creative”

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) October 31, 2019

Cashman joins CJ Mosley, Avery Williamson, Neville Hewitt and Albert McClellan on the shelf, meaning the Jets are down to just James Burgess on defense.  Head coach Adam Gase acknowledged the fact that defensive coordinator Gregg Williams will have his work cut out for him as only James Burgess, who struggled mightily last weekend, remains.

The post Jets Inside Linebackers Suffer yet Another Injury, Only one Remains appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
XhRAWgK155U

Click here to read the full story...

28 minutes ago, JetNation said:

Blake Cashman

The Jets will apparently be without the services of rookie linebacker Blake Cashman this Sunday as the Minnesota product suffered a shoulder injury.

#Jets have now lost their top five (!) ILBs
– Mosley (groin)
– Williamson (knee)
– Cashman (shoulder)
– Hewitt (stinger)
– McClellan (concussion)

They’re left with James Burgess, who began season not on roster … and no one else

“Gregg going to have to get creative”

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) October 31, 2019

Cashman joins CJ Mosley, Avery Williamson, Neville Hewitt and Albert McClellan on the shelf, meaning the Jets are down to just James Burgess on defense.  Head coach Adam Gase acknowledged the fact that defensive coordinator Gregg Williams will have his work cut out for him as only James Burgess, who struggled mightily last weekend, remains.

The post Jets Inside Linebackers Suffer yet Another Injury, Only one Remains appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

XhRAWgK155U

Click here to read the full story...

CJ Measly was a horrible signing, FML.

• Thumb Down 3

39 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Bad news

Didn’t Cashman have a bunch of shoulder injuries in college?

Maybe we’ll keep Williamson around next year after all.

Yes. Apparently same shoulder had 3 surgeries according to Connor Rogers.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

And the hits keep coming. Never seen this many injuries. 

There’s something to be said for how a coach values the team’s strength and conditioning routines. Freak injuries and diseases are one thing, but the sustained/lingering injuries we’ve already seen from this year’s team are another. There is a historical record of head coaches who seem to have players constantly injured vs head coaches who seem to be able to avoid them. I’m not pretending to know anything about it, but considering what we’re already seeing here, it would be interesting to see how Gase’s Miami teams fared with injuries against the rest of the league.

One thing’s for sure: under Bowles, the lingering/persistent injuries seemed few and far between.

• Sympathy 1

What a sh-t year... so much promise then absolutely decimated by injuries.  It doesn't look like they'll play 1 game with even 80% off the roster that reported in August..  yet people continue to act like this was the team the former GM built..  its been pop warner all year... oh well.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This is actually very much true and while everybody is s**tting in Adams all week, HE will be the guy stuffing the run and helping out our 4th string LBs in coverage and tackling the RB in open space. And I GUARANTEE you Jet fans will once again come back next week and s**t all over Jamal for blowing coverage on a WR or not getting a sack or INT that he was 'supposed' to get b/c he was the 6th overall pick. 

FFS just stop.  You lost the war.  Take the L.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

What a sh-t year... so much promise then absolutely decimated by injuries.  It doesn't look like they'll play 1 game with even 80% off the roster that reported in August..  yet people continue to act like this was the team the former GM built..  its been pop warner all year... oh well.  

You have yet to explain how Vegas was off by 2.5 wins before the season began.  

This was a 7-9 team from the start that will now go 4-12 or 5-11.  

Macc blows.  

• Upvote 4

I hate to sound callous, but at this point (1-6), unless you really care about picking up a few meaningless wins against fellow doormats the next five weeks, what does this matter?

Cashman was always a gamble, even where he was picked. The kid has talent, but what were the odds his shoulders would hold up even this long?

I've been saying the same thing for 2 weeks, and I'll say it again. There is only one reason to watch this team the next 9 weeks, and that's Darnold.

If you're one of those guys who think he's already an elite level FQB, and nothing is his fault, sit back and enjoy. If you're like me, you want to see if this kid and the CS can get him on track. He needs to get better both with his fundamentals and decision making. You look at his career numbers thus far, and they just aren't very good, to put it mildly. I don't care who he has out there around him, he has to show he can be a "tide that lifts the boat" type of player, not a guy who needs everything around him perfect to perform well.

Potential is great, but unless it's realized, it doesn't mean anything. Considering what we gave the Colts ( a #1 and 3 #2's) to move up to get him, I don't think I'm asking too much. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Potential is great, but unless it's realized, it doesn't mean anything. As of today, I'm hoping he can reach an Andy Dalton-type level. From what he's done thus far, that might be a reach, but considering what we gave the Colts ( a #1 and 3 #2's) to move up to get him, I don't think I'm asking too much. 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Bad news

Didn’t Cashman have a bunch of shoulder injuries in college?

Maybe we’ll keep Williamson around next year after all.

Yup.  Can't be shocked when you draft a guy who had multiple shoulder surgeries in college, at a position like LB where you constanlty lead with your shoulder, and the guy gets hurt.  Its a shame, because he was promising on the field, but liekly to have torouble staying on it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2