Jump to content
JetNation

Jets Inside Linebackers Suffer yet Another Injury, Only one Remains

Recommended Posts

Blake Cashman

The Jets will apparently be without the services of rookie linebacker Blake Cashman this Sunday as the Minnesota product suffered a shoulder injury.

#Jets have now lost their top five (!) ILBs
– Mosley (groin)
– Williamson (knee)
– Cashman (shoulder)
– Hewitt (stinger)
– McClellan (concussion)

They’re left with James Burgess, who began season not on roster … and no one else

“Gregg going to have to get creative”

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) October 31, 2019

Cashman joins CJ Mosley, Avery Williamson, Neville Hewitt and Albert McClellan on the shelf, meaning the Jets are down to just James Burgess on defense.  Head coach Adam Gase acknowledged the fact that defensive coordinator Gregg Williams will have his work cut out for him as only James Burgess, who struggled mightily last weekend, remains.

The post Jets Inside Linebackers Suffer yet Another Injury, Only one Remains appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
XhRAWgK155U

Click here to read the full story...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad news

Didn’t Cashman have a bunch of shoulder injuries in college?

Maybe we’ll keep Williamson around next year after all.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JetNation said:

Blake Cashman

The Jets will apparently be without the services of rookie linebacker Blake Cashman this Sunday as the Minnesota product suffered a shoulder injury.

#Jets have now lost their top five (!) ILBs
– Mosley (groin)
– Williamson (knee)
– Cashman (shoulder)
– Hewitt (stinger)
– McClellan (concussion)

They’re left with James Burgess, who began season not on roster … and no one else

“Gregg going to have to get creative”

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) October 31, 2019

 

Cashman joins CJ Mosley, Avery Williamson, Neville Hewitt and Albert McClellan on the shelf, meaning the Jets are down to just James Burgess on defense.  Head coach Adam Gase acknowledged the fact that defensive coordinator Gregg Williams will have his work cut out for him as only James Burgess, who struggled mightily last weekend, remains.

The post Jets Inside Linebackers Suffer yet Another Injury, Only one Remains appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

XhRAWgK155U

Click here to read the full story...

CJ Measly was a horrible signing, FML.

  • Downvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Bad news

Didn’t Cashman have a bunch of shoulder injuries in college?

Maybe we’ll keep Williamson around next year after all.

Ya, that was a big reason he dropped to the 5th round.  Definitely a major cause for concern

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God I hate Gase. I don’t care if this thread has nothing to do with Gase. I just hate him. Can we trade him to Patsies?

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to a 4-3?

Oh...yeah...we just traded Leo Williams, Henry Anderson is hurt, and QW doesn't quite know what he's doing yet.

Maybe we put one of our elite backup CBs on the field and play nickel/dime all day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Bad news

Didn’t Cashman have a bunch of shoulder injuries in college?

Maybe we’ll keep Williamson around next year after all.

Yes. Apparently same shoulder had 3 surgeries according to Connor Rogers.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

And the hits keep coming. Never seen this many injuries. 

There’s something to be said for how a coach values the team’s strength and conditioning routines. Freak injuries and diseases are one thing, but the sustained/lingering injuries we’ve already seen from this year’s team are another. There is a historical record of head coaches who seem to have players constantly injured vs head coaches who seem to be able to avoid them. I’m not pretending to know anything about it, but considering what we’re already seeing here, it would be interesting to see how Gase’s Miami teams fared with injuries against the rest of the league.
 

One thing’s for sure: under Bowles, the lingering/persistent injuries seemed few and far between.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 What a sh-t year... so much promise then absolutely decimated by injuries.  It doesn't look like they'll play 1 game with even 80% off the roster that reported in August..  yet people continue to act like this was the team the former GM built..  its been pop warner all year... oh well.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This is actually very much true and while everybody is s**tting in Adams all week, HE will be the guy stuffing the run and helping out our 4th string LBs in coverage and tackling the RB in open space. And I GUARANTEE you Jet fans will once again come back next week and s**t all over Jamal for blowing coverage on a WR or not getting a sack or INT that he was 'supposed' to get b/c he was the 6th overall pick. 

FFS just stop.  You lost the war.  Take the L.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pac said:

 What a sh-t year... so much promise then absolutely decimated by injuries.  It doesn't look like they'll play 1 game with even 80% off the roster that reported in August..  yet people continue to act like this was the team the former GM built..  its been pop warner all year... oh well.  

You have yet to explain how Vegas was off by 2.5 wins before the season began.  

This was a 7-9 team from the start that will now go 4-12 or 5-11.  

Macc blows.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the training staff fits right in with the Jets Org. What kind of training regiment do these guys have that they keep getting injured? What the heck

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to sound callous, but at this point (1-6), unless you really care about picking up a few meaningless wins against fellow doormats the next five weeks, what does this matter?

Cashman was always a gamble, even where he was picked. The kid has talent, but what were the odds his shoulders would hold up even this long?

I've been saying the same thing for 2 weeks, and I'll say it again. There is only one reason to watch this team the next 9 weeks, and that's Darnold.

If you're one of those guys who think he's already an elite level FQB, and nothing is his fault, sit back and enjoy. If you're like me, you want to see if this kid and the CS can get him on track. He needs to get better both with his fundamentals and decision making. You look at his career numbers thus far, and they just aren't very good, to put it mildly. I don't care who he has out there around him, he has to show he can be a "tide that lifts the boat" type of player, not a guy who needs everything around him perfect to perform well.

Potential is great, but unless it's realized, it doesn't mean anything. Considering what we gave the Colts ( a #1 and 3 #2's) to move up to get him, I don't think I'm asking too much. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Potential is great, but unless it's realized, it doesn't mean anything. As of today, I'm hoping he can reach an Andy Dalton-type level. From what he's done thus far, that might be a reach, but considering what we gave the Colts ( a #1 and 3 #2's) to move up to get him, I don't think I'm asking too much. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Yes. Apparently same shoulder had 3 surgeries according to Connor Rogers.

Always a great idea to draft a LB with multiple shoulder injuries. Mac was the worst GM in the history of the NFL.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Previous shoulder injuries.  Not a good sign.  I sure hope Joe Douglas knows how to rebuild a team because this is exactly what he is going to have to do with these Jets.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...