Jets Inside Linebackers Suffer yet Another Injury, Only one Remains

JetNation

28 minutes ago, Pac said:

If I said that this Pop Warner team we've fielded all year was a playoff team then yes... that would be idiotic.  I'm talking about the team we were supposed to see with a healthy Quincy, Avery, Kalil, Osemele, Herndon, Sam, Anderson, Beachum, Qvale, on and on an on...  I don't even think Quennin has been healthy all year..  They called it an ankle sprain but I bet that it was a high ankle sprain.  I suspect we'll continue to see him improve as he continues to get better.

There were PLENTY prognosticators saying this team could make a playoff run but the haters just pretend it never happened and me and the others on the site predicting playoffs were referring to THIS team we've been watching.   So yeah..  I think the team that was assembled would have definitely made the playoffs..  we'll never know.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000001024098/Can-the-Jets-make-the-playoffs-in-2019

https://nflspinzone.com/2019/07/06/new-york-jets-early-2019-game-by-game-predictions/3/

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-2019-schedule-win-loss-predictions-for-every-game/306361342/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/17/nfl-schedule-2019-team-record-predictions

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-predictions-2019-final-standings-playoff-projections-super-bowl-54-pick/19mtyr2ipucbt1iglkevpbxzi8

https://fansided.com/2019/07/30/new-york-jets-2019-playoff-chances/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/an-nfl-team-will-probably-go-from-last-place-to-the-playoffs-could-it-be-the-jets/

All of this hinged on whether or not Darnold progressed rapidly and then that goon went out and got syphillis and ruined the team. Maccagnan sucked

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

This attack has been reported to Crusher..  get your bags ready for a vacation.

Lol, its Halloween. That tub of goo is too busy trying to outwit Mrs Crusher who is vigilantly guarding the candy bowl 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pac said:

If I said that this Pop Warner team we've fielded all year was a playoff team then yes... that would be idiotic.  I'm talking about the team we were supposed to see with a healthy Quincy, Avery, Kalil, Osemele, Herndon, Sam, Anderson, Beachum, Qvale, on and on an on...  

For the 52nd time, Vegas had a fully healthy Jets team (minus the suspeneded Herndon, with pre-mono Sam) at 7.5 wins. 

Vegas is smarter than Pac.  They were not off on their predictions by 2.5 wins.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For the 52nd time, Vegas had a fully healthy Jets team (minus the suspeneded Herndon, with pre-mono Sam) at 7.5 wins. 

the reason I haven't answered you the prior 51 times is because you clearly don't know how the vegas line works and I don't feel like explaining it to you..  google it.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

the reason I haven't answered you the prior 51 times is because you clearly don't know how the vegas line works and I don't feel like explaining it to you..  google it.

Ugh, you have no idea what he wIn number meant.  You're dead wrong

• WTF? 1

Yeah I get it. It’s based on betting trends. But if you think Vegas can operate well being 2.5 games off on their O/U, it’s you who doesn’t know how this stuff works. They’re rarely wrong and definitely don’t get this stuff WAY wrong like you’re suggesting.

The 7.5 O/U got homer saps like you to bet the over and hand them more money. Even under ideal circumstances the truth is this was at best an 8-win team.

19 hours ago, Pac said:

What a sh-t year... so much promise then absolutely decimated by injuries.  It doesn't look like they'll play 1 game with even 80% off the roster that reported in August..  yet people continue to act like this was the team the former GM built..  its been pop warner all year... oh well.  

In all seriousness:  I wonder if the team looks at strength and conditioning this year.

Of course, I REALLY hope JD takes injury history at the college level into consideration when he drafts players.

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Where people may have been really off was the OL.   People expected with Osemele and Kalil for the line to be much better.  It obviously was not.  I think trying to have man blockers block for Bell was more damaging than we thought.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, rangerous said:

it seems like most of the injuries are on defense.

True but on offense we had Q get injured after 1 play, Sam get mono and Beachum and Oh Smelly

Plus Herndon forgot to do conditioning during his extended offseason because Gase is such a great coach

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Greatness has to be earned.  He's a very good football player.  But he's not great.  That term gets thrown around FAR too loosely. 

And he's doing everything he possibly can to napalm his relationship with the team that drafted him.  Why continue to support him?  

Great young player....he is one of the best young defensive players in the league. When you look around the league and you look to name some of the great young players he is in the discussion. Yes, 'great' gets thrown around loosely, I agree completely. But there are also variances or 'greatness'. I don;t mean 'great' as in legendary I mean great as in very good- literally the dictionary definition of great. 

But honestly the thing that bothers me is that the Jets draft a player, regardless of whether some feel it should have been someone else or a different position should have been addressed, and the player hits- he is clearly a very good player, he stays healthy, plays with passion, still on his rookie deal. And all Jet fans can talk about is how he's not good enough, minimize him impact on the field, and talk about how he's not living up to his draft position- something he had absolutely no control over. I mean, I'd get it if the guy was a bad player, just a bust or mistake prone, a liability on the field. Pryor would be a good example. But Adams is so far from that. It just doesn't make sense to me. Its so very Jetsy of fans to turn on a guy like that. And the dude is still young,he still has upside to get even better. It's insane and the reason I defend Jamal Adams.