Josh Gordon being released off IR today today, per sources.

AbstraKt

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

A person that gets suspended numerous times for drugs when all he needed to do was stay clean a few years and collect 10's of millions of dollars and also misses practices all the time is a head case. 

No one is saying taking some drugs makes you a head case, but when taking those drugs causes you to  miss practices, miss games and miss out on a ton of money then yeah,  you are a head case. 

And if any of my friends lost their job for alcohol/weed I would also consider them a "head case." Be an adult. Hold down a damn job. 

So you have no empathy for alcoholics I see.  Especially ones who are actually trying their hardest to turn their lives around.

If you want to argue Gordon was once a headcase, I'll allow it.  Though I think that's the improper term to describe him.  But there's very little evidence to suggest he's still a headcase.  Unless of course the Pats knew something before they cut him, which has yet to come to light.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

This is not the type of player I believe jd would have any interest in.

Why not?

You guys are acting like Josh Gordon got hit with a domestic violence charge.  There are FAR bigger POS's in this league than Josh Gordon.  And a lot of them are still employed by football teams.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I still believe in Josh Gordon.  And with Brady's arm strength declining over the years, he really wasn't a great fit with Brady.

Not that he'd automatically be a great fit here, but he's worth bringing in.  

He's in decline. He's no longer a dynamic receiver. Actually, only a shadow of what he was last year.

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

He probably missed meetings, either team, positional, or worse... some kind of rehab.

For any of you "STB" guys...

Stop.  Just stop.

No indication of that here in NE... 

Still, look what happened last year. Sanu is more dependable OFF the field. Gordon may clear waivers and return to the Pats, but more likely, Harry is good to go.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Gordon is 100x then Thomas and JD gave up a draft pick for him. 

I won't disagree with you. We were surprised when Thomas was traded. The anti-Patriots media here in New England was creaming themselves about the Thomas trade when AB was released! It was sketchy for a couple weeks...

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Give me all the ex-Patriots WRs this year!!!!

Add Gordon to Berrios and Demaryius Thomas!  Have Robby take Gordon under his wing and mentor him on how to be a good dude off the field.

This will be great!  We'll be Patriots South!  Next up....Sam Darnold get Tom Brady to back him up in 2023.

I don't think Darnold would win the job against a 43 year old Brady. He'd hold the clipboard for 2 years...

This is actually a no brainer. Pretty sure whatever team gets him gets a comp pick if he walks. He balls out we get first chance at resigning him, if he walks we get a pick for what 1 maybe 2 mil? Idk why a team with as many needs as we do would turn either option down 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't think picking up Gordon is a bad idea. In fact I'd pair that move up with signing Antonio Brown.

At this point, I'm not exactly worried about our "culture" anymore. Sorry.

At this point if you could get brown and have an out in his contract 

Brown, Gordon, Robby, Crowder

uh yeah. That’s a talented group around a qb. Think I’d do it. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I do. 

1. Dolphins: 0-7
2. Bengals: 0-8
3. Redskins: 1-7
4. Falcons: 1-7
5. Jets: 1-6
6. Giants: 2-6
7. Broncos: 2-6
8. Buccaneers: 2-6
9. Browns: 2-5
10. Chargers: 3-5

I hope he does but Miami could take him. Bengals have hurt WRs, redskins need Wr 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What evidence is there that he's a "head case"?  If everyone with a drinking problem and/or got busted by his employer for smoking weed is a "head case", then probably about 30-40 % of people on planet Earth could be labeled a "head case".  

That sounds about right, but I would say way more than 40%.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, pointman said:

He won't fall as far as us. Someone in the waiver wire will claim him. We aren't that lucky. At this point we are in talks to bring back Chaz Schilens and Patrick Turner. Oh! Or Clyde Gates! He was fast!

Aren't we still third? Has to get by the Cards and 49rs. Is possible.

12 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Considering that this may be the most frustrating Jets team I have ever watched, it's somewhat amazing that we only have the 5th worst record in the league right now. 

That ONE win they got was very costly, wasn't it?

10 hours ago, SR24 said:

This is actually a no brainer. Pretty sure whatever team gets him gets a comp pick if he walks. He balls out we get first chance at resigning him, if he walks we get a pick for what 1 maybe 2 mil? Idk why a team with as many needs as we do would turn either option down 

Please review comp pick rules. It’s not that simple. 

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, pointman said:

He won't fall as far as us. Someone in the waiver wire will claim him. We aren't that lucky. At this point we are in talks to bring back Chaz Schilens and Patrick Turner. Oh! Or Clyde Gates! He was fast!

What happned to that scrub who made that flukey one handed catch out of bounds from McClown last year all the people who know everything kept telling me was a legit #1 WR?

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Please review comp pick rules. It’s not that simple. 

Admittedly don't know a whole lot about them any chance you can give us a quick run down? I'm not trying to be sarcastic I just don't know how it works 100%