Josh Gordon being released off IR today today, per sources.

AbstraKt

9 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Admittedly don't know a whole lot about them any chance you can give us a quick run down? I'm not trying to be sarcastic I just don't know how it works 100% 

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

As the NFL explains, compensatory picks are awarded to teams that lose more or better compensatory free agents than they acquire. The number of picks a team can receive equals the net loss of compensatory free agents, up to a maximum of four. Compensatory free agents are determined by a secret formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. Not every free agent lost or signed is covered by the formula.

Although the formula has never been revealed, by studying the compensatory picks that have been awarded since they began in 1994, I’ve determined that the primary factor in the value of the picks awarded is the average annual value of the contract the player signed with his new team, with an adjustment for playing time and a smaller adjustment for postseason honors.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Admittedly don't know a whole lot about them any chance you can give us a quick run down? I'm not trying to be sarcastic I just don't know how it works 100% 

I will find a good article and try to get it pinned. It always comes up and if you don’t understand how it works, it distorts how you look at things. Basically, If a team is active in FA, they probably won’t get a Comp pick. A new GM and rebuilding team will be active which means we probably wouldn’t get the pick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't think picking up Gordon is a bad idea. In fact I'd pair that move up with signing Antonio Brown.

At this point, I'm not exactly worried about our "culture" anymore. Sorry.

Yes to Gordon, a big NO to AB

Gordons issues are self inflicted and a problem to him and his ability to play at the level he can.  He keeps shooting down any attempt to revive his career 

Brown is a selfish, self promoter and besides being a clown, he causes problems for everyone around him, teammates, coaches and ownership.  Brown is a cancer that ruins the environment of a team.  Hes going to cause more problems than the problems he helps fix

• Upvote 2

Just now, section314 said:

Don't we have enough problems already?

We have no talent and a locker room full of "good guys" yet we continue to lose and put a crap product on the field. Take a shot on a guy with talent it's not like we don't have the cap room I mean what do we lose? Regardless of what we do the league will always look at us as a joke and talk sh*t. Why not just become the bad guys they want us to be?  

7 minutes ago, SR24 said:

No idea how we didn't claim him when our offense can't score

acquiring talent through waivers was something Big Joe mentioned.... evaluation of talent seems to be different from most of us and Big Joe.    #gasetheguru needs no talent on offense

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stark said:

acquiring talent through waivers was something Big Joe mentioned.... evaluation of talent seems to be different from most of us and Big Joe.    #gasetheguru needs no talent on offense

Doesn't make any sense guy would have been the best WR we have and would have costed next to nothing. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

Doesn't make any sense guy would have been the best WR we have and would have costed next to nothing. 

Yeah seemed like a no brainer. But for ****s sake the team literally never does anything I think they should. 

Gordon / Thomas / Robby /Crowder

should have happened 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I will find a good article and try to get it pinned. It always comes up and if you don’t understand how it works, it distorts how you look at things. Basically, If a team is active in FA, they probably won’t get a Comp pick. A new GM and rebuilding team will be active which means we probably wouldn’t get the pick. 

Why would this post get BF'd? Seriously. @Skeptable, defend your position here. 

22 minutes ago, Stark said:

Yeah seemed like a no brainer. But for ****s sake the team literally never does anything I think they should. 

Gordon / Thomas / Robby /Crowder

should have happened 

Yeah I just think it would have been worth the risk it. We would have improved the WR room and  it would have added a good talent for Sam. I know he comes with risk but it’s for 8 games in a lost season not really a huge deal but oh well into Miami 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He butt fumbles everyone. Seems like I’m a target. It’s funny. I’d buttfumble the crap out of him but the mods frown upon this. Too bad we can’t just handle our own business here. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why would this post get BF'd? Seriously. @Skeptable, defend your position here. 

14 and creepy just started butt fumbling random posts because their feelings got hurt so I simply returned the favor

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1