Has Adams Finally seen the Light

Skeptable

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

As a 40-something year old fart, who wore his heart on his sleeve in a way that wasn't always constructive when he was a 20-something year old, I can appreciate his willingness to listen to his peers and mentors. I applaud him for this more than anything he's done on the field.

Did you also have photo shoots where you feigned remorse for something you absolutely don’t regret because it bought you two days of national media coverage? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I mean it's nice and all but I wish he wouldn't make us guess his position with a platitude and woe is me pic.

How about:

I appreciate the job Joe Douglas has to do and I'll be sure to make amends.  I love this team and my teammates so I was taken aback when I heard there was a possibility I'd be traded.  I overreacted but am ready to put this behind me and give everything I have to get this team to a place that our fans deserve.

Go Jets!

It's not that hard Jamal.  Say that and you're a hero.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Did you also have photo shoots where you feigned remorse for something you absolutely don’t regret because it bought you two days of national media coverage? 

No, and don't mistake my position. I'm giving him credit for try to accept the feedback he's been given. His way of accepting it (or showing he's accepting it) is still self-serving and demented, but at least he's stopped playing victim and stopped making others the villain. So to speak. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, but only because he hasn't trusted photogrpahers since that time Terry Richardson loaded him up with banana daiquiris and convinced him to make "art"

RFord-Kingdom-126_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqf24Y

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Now do Maccagnan apologizing for Jachai Polite

We all felt comfortable with the pick and believed it was worth giving him an opportunity to grow as a player and person within our organization.  At the end of the day it didn't work out but I wish Jachai well going forward.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Now do Maccagnan apologizing for Jachai Polite

1 minute ago, Pac said:

We all felt comfortable with the pick and believed it was worth giving him an opportunity to grow as a player and person within our organization.  At the end of the day it didn't work out but I wish Jachai well going forward.

You don't have a personality as abrasive as Pac's and last till 45 years old without being damn good at apologizing

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Do you not remember your early 20’s? Guys would get butthurt over dumb sh*t, get called out for it and be all pissed off even though deep down they knew they were wrong and double down on the nonsense in anger. That’s what went on with Adams imo.

That said, we are in no position to have an all star safety with so many other holes. If we can trade him for a decent haul come draft day we should absolutely do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

A picture of Jamal, head down with a microphone overhead.  This post could mean anything. I’m not sure how anyone can assume this has anything to do with him being remorseful for acting like a baby and ignoring his boss’ request to meet. It could also mean that he’s still feeling like a scorned adolescent girl and that he now knows he wants to not move forward with the JETS and he has accepted that for the next year. 

I checked the instagram post post because I thought there was a chance it was a video but no. 

Until he says anything different I am not taking this post to mean anything regarding the JETS or the last 2 days. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

As a 40-something year old fart, who wore his heart on his sleeve in a way that wasn't always constructive when he was a 20-something year old, I can appreciate his willingness to listen to his peers and mentors. I applaud him for this more than anything he's done on the field.

What makes you think he has a willingness to listen to his peers and mentors? Was there something else, or are you going off of that vague captioned photo?

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

I remember when I was 24 years old.  I said and did stupid things that I regret now and I did back then as well.

Here with the Jets, Adams is a captain and is the best player on the team.

He can embrace that, embrace NY and the fact that the fans love him, or he can do the exact opposite and make the Jets trade him.

If he does that, he will definitely be successful, but will never be thought in the same vein that he earned with the Jets (until this past week of course).  

Revis was the best player on the Jets, but the fans don't forget what a selfish guy he was, and will never be loved the way Joe Namath is or Joe Klecko.  But at least he has his money.

Who cares.  The one or two things he does a game it does not matter.  On that Fornette run.  he blitzed.  Greg Williams may have given him the ability to freelance.  he got burnt and had to make amends chasing Fornette down.  Back at at LSU Fornette is dancing in the Endzone.  There was no catching him.   If he does not blitz he may have stuffed it at the line.  Kid is a whiner.  Tried to talk his way out of here.  To bad Jamal this is what contracts are for and the Jets own you for the next 41 games.  Like it or not.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1