Has Adams Finally seen the Light

Skeptable

A picture of Jamal, head down with a microphone overhead.  This post could mean anything. I’m not sure how anyone can assume this has anything to do with him being remorseful for acting like a baby and ignoring his boss’ request to meet. It could also mean that he’s still feeling like a scorned adolescent girl and that he now knows he wants to not move forward with the JETS and he has accepted that for the next year. 

I checked the instagram post post because I thought there was a chance it was a video but no. 
Until he says anything different I am not taking this post to mean anything regarding the JETS or the last 2 days. 

I am hopeful that he came to the realization that a really good safety in the NFL is still just that! You are not carrying a team , even if you are the all time greatest at the position. He is a supreme talent for sure, but it’s like the mailroom guy at Microsoft. Your job definitely matters but we can still get to the promised land without you.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Pac said:

I mean it's nice and all but I wish he wouldn't make us guess his position with a platitude and woe is me pic.

How about:

I appreciate the job Joe Douglas has to do and I'll be sure to make amends.  I love this team and my teammates so I was taken aback when I heard there was a possibility I'd be traded.  I overreacted but am ready to put this behind me and give everything I have to get this team to a place that our fans deserve.

Go Jets!

It's not that hard Jamal.  Say that and you're a hero.

Let's  not minimize  what he said. If this is as close as he can come to an apology, it's  better than him saying nothing 

• Upvote 1

Do you not remember your early 20’s? Guys would get butthurt over dumb sh*t, get called out for it and be all pissed off even though deep down they knew they were wrong and double down on the nonsense in anger. That’s what went on with Adams imo.

Sure, but at no time did I ever consider hopping on social media to bash my employer and then refuse to talk to him about it.

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

As a 40-something year old fart, who wore his heart on his sleeve in a way that wasn't always constructive when he was a 20-something year old, I can appreciate his willingness to listen to his peers and mentors. I applaud him for this more than anything he's done on the field.

This. 

Integrity is the correct name. 

Jamal, I want you to know that despite all of this absurd vitriol on this site, some of us still know you're a great player and we support you 100%. Please don't think of leaving the Jets. Someday, likely with your help, the front office will field a different team, one that is capable of winning it all.

11 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Do you not remember your early 20’s? Guys would get butthurt over dumb sh*t, get called out for it and be all pissed off even though deep down they knew they were wrong and double down on the nonsense in anger. That’s what went on with Adams imo.

That said, we are in no position to have an all star safety with so many other holes. If we can trade him for a decent haul come draft day we should absolutely do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

cascadden seemed to say that douglas countered the cowgirls with two firsts and a future second rounder and then held firm.  i will say that if they can get a haul like that for adams they should take it but trading a really good player only means that the position will have to be filled via the draft or free agency.  and if they want a similarly talented player in the draft then it will take a higher round pick.

another point is that it takes players a couple of seasons before they show what they can do.  we know what adams can do a new player may not pan out so trading for a pick can be regressive.

as for his feelings being hurt, so what.  he's young.  he'll get over it.  and if he really wants to get out of the fan dog house he'll have a monster game on sunday.