Funny article about Gase and Manish

Y2jets

3 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

If the losses continue to mount and the resulting criticism gets ramped up, I can see Gase going over the table after Manish at some point.  

That's actually how this kind of season should end.  It's the press conference after the final game of our 3-13 season and Manish asks his question starting with, "Coach Gase, after finishing the season with the 32nd ranked offense....."  Gase lunges over the table, "You sonuvabitch!"

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's actually how this kind of season should end.  It's the press conference after the final game of our 3-13 season and Manish asks his question starting with, "Coach Gase, after finishing the season with the 32nd ranked offense....."  Gase lunges over the table, "You sonuvabitch!"

Hahahahahaha

16 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I hate to be that guy but long term the Jets would be so much better off losing this game.  Darnold needs to play well and that comes first but losing this game could be enough to open the Front Office's eyes to the fact that Gase is a joke.  And on top of that screw up the Dolphins tanking plans while also getting us a better draft pick.  

From your lips to gods ears... 

My concern is that the Jets seemed to have used their one mulligan in trying to attract a true top quality HC following Darnold's rookie year.  Let's remember that the reason the Jets job was somewhat attractive to coaching candidates was the promise that Darnold showed over the final month of last season, and the fact that the Jets had good Cap space heading into the 2019 offseason.

If anything, it feels like some doubt may creep into the minds of people about whether Darnold is the answer or not.  Personally, I've seen enough to believe that with the right coaching and just a decent OLine he's got Franchise QB potential, but the Jets situation just isn't quite as appealing as maybe it was in January.

The bigger question, would Joe Douglas have the cojones to make an unsolicited recommendation to ownership that the Jets look for a new HC?  I think it's doubtful, probably for three reasons...

1. Obviously the relationship with Gase

2. Douglas may truly believe that Gase could be good with a much better roster

3. Douglas is on a 6-year deal.  He still has the benefit of time to watch Gase for the 2020 season and get an opportunity to recommend "his guy" if things continue to go south next year.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

My concern is that the Jets seemed to have used their one mulligan in trying to attract a true top quality HC following Darnold's rookie year.  Let's remember that the reason the Jets job was somewhat attractive to coaching candidates was the promise that Darnold showed over the final month of last season, and the fact that the Jets had good Cap space heading into the 2019 offseason.

If anything, it feels like some doubt may creep into the minds of people about whether Darnold is the answer or not.  Personally, I've seen enough to believe that with the right coaching and just a decent OLine he's got Franchise QB potential, but the Jets situation just isn't quite as appealing as maybe it was in January.

The bigger question, would Joe Douglas have the cojones to make an unsolicited recommendation to ownership that the Jets look for a new HC?  I think it's doubtful, probably for three reasons...

3. Douglas is on a 6-year deal.  He still has the benefit of time to watch Gase for the 2020 season and get an opportunity to recommend "his guy" if things continue to go south next year.

The reality is Gase is going nowhere.  His hostile takeover of this organization was actually brilliant.  Gase at heart is a bully.  He scored an interview with a weak owner and realized he can push the guy around.  His 1st order of business was to get Mac out of the door which he accomplished pretty easily.  He then essentially guanateed a "no fire" clause in his contract by hiring a gm who is his best buddy.  He is now here a minimum of 3 more season after this.

Gase has 0 coaching skills but he was actually a genius in how to systematically infiltrate a business, bully weak owners and eventually run the entire organization.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The reality is Gase is going nowhere.  His hostile takeover of this organization was actually brilliant.  Gase at heart is a bully.  He scored an interview with a weak owner and realized he can push the guy around.  His 1st order of business was to get Mac out of the door which he accomplished pretty easily.  He then essentially guanateed a "no fire" clause in his contract by hiring a gm who is his best buddy.  He is now here a minimum of 3 more season after this.

Gase has 0 coaching skills but he was actually a genius in how to systematically infiltrate a business, bully weak owners and eventually run the entire organization.

It's hard not to agree with the general sense of this. Gase is like Emperor Palpatine or Frank Underwood or Littlefinger, playing the game and playing Chris Johnson like a harp. Less than six months in he'd knifed Big Mac in the ribs and kicked him out the moon door, before making his best buddy Joe Douglas Hand of the King.

Now he sits on the Iron Throne ruining the best thing to happen to this franchise in 20 years because doesn't know how to max protect.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's hard not to agree with the general sense of this. Gase is like Emperor Palpatine or Frank Underwood or Littlefinger, playing the game and playing Chris Johnson like a harp. Less than six months in he'd knifed Big Mac in the ribs and kicked him out the moon door, before making his best buddy Joe Douglas Hand of the King.

Now he sits on the Iron Throne ruining the best thing to happen to this franchise in 20 years because doesn't know how to max protect.

You at least see what is going on.  Its crazy how many jet fans cannot see what is happening here.  Everything that happens is exactly what gase wants.  He is a control freak and found a franchise dumb enough to give it to him.  Wait till puppet joe tries to argue for a guy gase doesnt want.  I dont even think Joe knows what he has gotten himself into.

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You at least see what is going on.  Its crazy how many jet fans cannot see what is happening here.  Everything that happens is exactly what gase wants.  He is a control freak and found a franchise dumb enough to give it to him.  Wait till puppet joe tries to argue for a guy gase doesnt want.  I dont even think Joe knows what he has gotten himself into.

Joe can fix this by saying "you're fired"

That easy

2 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

I hate to be that guy but long term the Jets would be so much better off losing this game.  Darnold needs to play well and that comes first but losing this game could be enough to open the Front Office's eyes to the fact that Gase is a joke.  And on top of that screw up the Dolphins tanking plans while also getting us a better draft pick.  

Think Miami is actively TRYING to LOSE games and the Jets are not even favored to beat them!!

That tells you all you need to know with how Gase has run this ship so far........

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If only our ownership group had ignored Mehta from the start.  We'd have Doug Marrone as our HC right now.  

But not Tom Coughlin. If we had Marrone along with the GM's we've had in that time, I really doubt he would still be here. 

But better than Bowels either way, so your point still stands lol

Manish has been embarrassed multiple times by Gase during press conferences.  I've seen it.  This is his childish way of getting back at him. 

I'll reserve judgement on Gase until I see at least 1 game with the varsity squad and not the pop warner team they've sadly had to trot out all year. 

Thus far I'm neutral because in one respect the team has remained together and is playing hard but on the other hand he can't seem to get the O-line to be in sync with any consistency at all.

• WTF? 1

11 hours ago, Pac said:

Manish has been embarrassed multiple times by Gase during press conferences.  I've seen it.  This is his childish way of getting back at him. 

I'll reserve judgement on Gase until I see at least 1 game with the varsity squad and not the pop warner team they've sadly had to trot out all year. 

Thus far I'm neutral because in one respect the team has remained together and is playing hard but on the other hand he can't seem to get the O-line to be in sync with any consistency at all.

I respect your opinion Pac but if you look at Gase's history (the only thing we can go by) this is exactly what every year is like with him.  Tons of injuries, disfunction and chaos, and losses.  Lots of losses by lots of points.  

Why so trusting of a guy that's done nothing to deserve it?  Why not instead demand the team you root for have an amazing coach with an amazing track record and actually win games?  We are all time bad and have been for a decade.  

18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Disagree. The great talents in any discipline take on any and all challenges and emerge champions regardless. Same with elite coaching talents. They sometimes even desire the least appealing situations, consciously or subconsciously. The sting of battle - in this case the challenge of molding nothing in to something - is just too tantalizing to them. Such is the nature of great talents and great leaders.

Conversely those who aren’t truly great aka secretly unsure of their abilities - it is they who only take the most attractive opportunities. Beware the candidate who only desires appealing opportunity. I’ll take the guy genuinely looking for a challenge over him any day. Which is what I’ve sensed with Joe Douglas. I mean outside of Darnold the Jets weren’t the most attractive destination. Gase I have my doubts, at least in terms of inherent traits of greatness and leadership. Not least I think he’s a ‘Monday - Saturday HC’: maybe does and says many things right Monday - Saturday but when it comes to game day his true coaching character comes out - conservative bordering on cowardly. Not ready for the showdown and not a leader of men.