Jets’ Jamal Adams still won’t meet with Joe Douglas – but he did talk to Christopher Johnson | How did it go?

Apache 51

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

1) Douglas made a huge error not trading this guys ass at the deadline.  Huge error.

2) The Jets ownership once again shows it is by far the stupidest on earth.

Coach reports to the ownership Separately  from the gm.  Players report to the owner BEHIND THE BACKS OF THE COACH AND THE GM.

What an utter joke thus guy is such and unimportant part of this team overall and the naive stupid owner is cow towing to him.

Pathetic.

shocked chris tucker GIF

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

I know people are deep into the hate Jamal Adams phase but it sure looks like the feeling is mutual.

He's looking to become the Damario Davis or Teddy Bridgewater: people very happy to make their money on winning teams with fans that appreciate them.

Fans appreciate winning, not gas bags that talk about leadership and winning and then cry like babies the moment things do not go their way.

Chirs Johnson is an utter tool.  Much much worse than woody.

• Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I heard the reports but just can’t believe Douglas would be so stupid to turn that down. I guess it’s true and a shame. We should have taken that deal. I’m really down on Douglas for that if he messed that up. 

The reports are unsubstantiated, "sources" say doesn't mean sh*t. Until I see a direct quote from the GM or in this case the owner it's all CYA and BS. With all the holes the Jets have Douglas should love an extra 1st and a 3rd day pick. I think it went like this - Dallas offers a 2nd and 6th and Douglas counters with a 1st and 3rd, it end up no deal. Then they both go into CYA and tell "sources" the narrative they want to put out.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Reporters keep missing the lede here: the Cowboys simply didn’t want him all that much. 

Good point, that’s exactly why our reporters are parasites. They are just trying to make the situation worse by asking questions that obviously were upsetting JA. I am sure they want to see him demand a trade in the off season  and bash the Jets. 

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Man.... as long as we win Sunday, part of me wants to see Jamal burnt for 2 or 3 TDs, what a diva. 

are you kidding me?

there is no way he should be playing , they should not activate him

how can this idiot refuse to talk to the coach or the GM 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

are you kidding me?

there is no way he should be playing , they should not activate him

how can this idiot refuse to talk to the coach or the GM 

Fair enough. 

If one of my employees refused to talk to me, I would fire them (not a realistic NFL option), or bench him for the next game. 

At absolute minimum that C certainly wouldnt be on his jersey anymore. 

His value will still be the same come Draft day if Joe decides to trade him.   All this talk on the page about what Joe should have done an d he should have accepted this deal or that deal is a joke.

If you guys haven't figured it out yet Joe Douglas is a man.   Handling the GM job how it should be handled.  He sets the value. Not the cowboys. He wasn't worried about Jamals feelings because at the end of the day Jamal could be on the hook of being a Jet for another 4 years minimum. Joe controls that.  If he thinks Jamal is worth a 1st and a 2nd plus a later rd pick.   If a team wants him they will pay it.  If not Jamal learns, like Melvin Gordon just did, You show up and play or you sit and waste cause this GM isn't gonna just trade you for anything less than the price he puts on you. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

I know people are deep into the hate Jamal Adams phase but it sure looks like the feeling is mutual.

He's looking to become the Damario Davis or Teddy Bridgewater: people very happy to make their money on winning teams with fans that appreciate them.

marilyn monroe goodbye GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

His value will still be the same come Draft day if Joe decides to trade him.   All this talk on the page about what Joe should have done an d he should have accepted this deal or that deal is a joke.

If you guys haven't figured it out yet Joe Douglas is a man.   Handling the GM job how it should be handled.  He sets the value. Not the cowboys. He wasn't worried about Jamals feelings because at the end of the day Jamal could be on the hook of being a Jet for another 4 years minimum. Joe controls that.  If he thinks Jamal is worth a 1st and a 2nd plus a later rd pick.   If a team wants him they will pay it.  If not Jamal learns, like Melvin Gordon just did, You show up and play or you sit and waste cause this GM isn't gonna just trade you for anything less than the price he puts on you. 

I agree with you in that the gm needs to assess a value and so what is right for the team.

I am going to disagree with you about the value being the same come off season.

I am betting if we end up trading him we will not get a better deal than a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder.  His value right now is at it's highest.  IMO it is only going to go down because of the player and the position he plays.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I agree with you in that the gm needs to assess a value and so what is right for the team.

I am going to disagree with you about the value being the same come off season.

I am betting if we end up trading him we will not get a better deal than a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder.  His value right now is at it's highest.  IMO it is only going to go down because of the player and the position he plays.

Maybe but I think Joe Douglas has a value on Adams and even if Adams demands a trade the value will be the same as it was on Tuesday. If I a 1st and 4th was what was offered on Tuesday my gut says Joe won't accept that come draft and it will be better than that if Adams is traded. I just don't believe Joe is going to let Adams or his agent dictate the situation.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

how is he not talking to the coach?  GM i get

obviously we should have traded him.  

he's angling for the big boss to get him paid i guess.

I wouldn't want to talk to Gase either, especially if I am on defence. Guy is clueless.

If Adams is talking to Williams, then that's fine by me. They can do what they need to do to prepare for the Dolphins without Gase sticking his nose in the conversation.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Joejet said:

What a ******* pussy, I would trade his dead ass  as soon as I could if I were Douglas.

Great football player but what a complete Francine Adams actually is. I mean Jesus Christ, they never win, they suck every year especially on defense, make millions of dollars to show up when and if they feel like showing up to perform and get paid regardless of performance, winning or losing and this guy is going to the owner? King do nothing is not ready to sit down with "those guys" who are actually his bosses; yet? I have never heard such blatant insubordination in my life and would get any regular guy fired from any job instantly. Jamal Adams, GFY you baby.

PS You are not in the same solar system as Tom Brady or Aaron Donald LMAO. So sick of hearing how great Jamal Adams is on a non competitive 1-whateverthe f**k team.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Fair enough. 

If one of my employees refused to talk to me, I would fire them (not a realistic NFL option), or bench him for the next game. 

At absolute minimum that C certainly wouldnt be on his jersey anymore. 

And what if he went over your head and your boss took the meeting.  That shows systematic disfunction . NY MESS. 

28 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

And what if he went over your head and your boss took the meeting.  That shows systematic disfunction . NY MESS. 

Luckily I dont have a boss lol... However I am a veteran and I can assure you, if you break my chain of command, heads will absolutely roll. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, lounap23 said:

I just don't believe Joe is going to let Adams or his agent dictate the situation.  

You nailed this. He is not Idzik, not Macc, and clearly not Tanny either, he is setting the terms and sticking to them. 

I believe this will help eventually change the story of our team. I too think he gets same or better value if we trade him this off season, but mainly because it gives other teams time to get in on it and get their own affairs and plans in order. Things change in the NFL, people on here think that Dallas is the only team that will ever be interested or offer anything for Jamal, which is naive. 

It's amazing how many fans bash Johnson.  So he is now stepping in front of this and helping out here.   He is all that's left when Jamal was drafted.   He had a part in drafting this guy.   I say good for the owner for stepping in and helping out the whole organization here.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

For an “all-pro” “culture-changing” “Pro Bowl MVP” former sixth overall pick when the return would be a pick in the high twenties, going to a lock playoff team currently starting special teamer Jeff Heath at strong safety? Either Jamal is a great, game-changing player, or he’s worth the 28th overall pick in the draft and a five. The Cowboys don’t think Adams was changing anything, apparently. 

Strong Safety's don't get drafted as high as we drafted him.  The position doesn't matter all that much if you have a solid CB and LB squad.  The Jets want to get as much as they can for him so they can build the positions that actually have an impact to the game.  I'm not saying he isn't a great complimentary piece, but you have to have all the other pieces in place.  Trading Jamal to a team that is already built to win, would be the best way to go, except no team wants to give up a first round pick for a safety.  It just won't happen.  I see him getting traded at the end of the season for no higher than a 2nd round pick.