Jets’ Jamal Adams still won’t meet with Joe Douglas – but he did talk to Christopher Johnson | How did it go?

Apache 51

Bruised ego’s, botched trades, naive rookie GM’s, weak incompetent ownership.

What can go wrong? -  No wonder we are bottom three NFL franchise permanently.

Seriously, Joe Douglas must at least fix the Oline this off season. If he doesn’t don’t bother with the 2020 season either.

Geez SOJ.

9 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Moreover.... FUKK Chris Johnson, He should have refused the meeting. there is no chain of command in the playground of the rich and spoiled owners of the NY Jets. 

I don't understand this kind of post.  I don't get outraged or even care particularly about "leapfrogging the chain of command" for an organization I don't belong to.  To me, Adams is a very good player, maybe not great but very good, he heard from his agent about getting shopped, didn't like it, and now he talks to the head man. So what?  I'll let the leapfrogeés worry about what, if anything, this means to their careers.  I just want to watch football.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I went from being a Jamal fan to being annoyed this guy is still on the team. Trade this delusional jack-ass. But do your best to make sure he goes to a lousy team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

A lousy team isn’t going to trade for Jamal, why would they?  If the compensation is a first round pick plus another day 2 pick, why would a bad team trade all that for a SS?  That team would probably have several other holes at much more important positions than SS.  I think knowing what he knows now, Douglas is regretting not taking the Dallas deal.  I’m not sure Adams’ value is going up from this point forward.  

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Jets’ Jamal Adams still won’t meet with Joe Douglas – but he did talk to Christopher Johnson | How did it go?

Updated 1:30 PM;Today 1:25 PM 

Jets’ Jamal Adams was 'hurt' by Joe Douglas’ trade calls

shares

Jamal Adams’ emotions are still raw.

The Jets’ safety said Friday that he still isn’t ready to speak with either head coach Adam Gase or general manager Joe Douglas. But he has met with both of those men’s boss: CEO and acting owner Christopher Johnson.

“It was good, it went well,” Adams said. “Me and Mr. Johnson are really close, I have a lot of respect for him. I was very comfortable because he understands me, not Jamal Adams as a football player, but Jamal Adams as a person. He’s very genuine and authentic and I’ve always had mutual respect for him. So that was a guy I was comfortable with, talking to and it went well.”

Adams said that Johnson was the one who initiated that conversation, but he was more than willing to sit down for it.

“He cares,” Adams said. “He cares not just about football players, he cares about you as a person.”

Some may be tempted to see Adams’ glowing words about Johnson, juxtapose them against his refusal to speak with Gase and Douglas, then draw conclusions. But Adams is adamant – there is no “there” there.

“Do not write that story, man,” Adams said. “No. No. That’s – no, that’s not it. That’s not what I said. I’m just saying, that was who I was comfortable talking with at the time. I’m just not comfortable right now to speak on what happened with those two guys. I will, eventually. I will.”

For now, Adams said his unwillingness to speak face-to-face with Gase and Douglas just boils down to the fact that he needs more time to process the pain he felt around the NFL trade deadline.

“Yeah, apparently I’m in my feelings,” Adams said. “That’s what I see a lot. You can say that.”

If Jets fans are looking for a bright side, though, Adams did offer some desire to make peace with Douglas. When asked if he thinks his eventual conversation with the first-year GM can repair their relationship, Adams said: “I hope it does, man.”

But, Adams also quickly changed the topic: "At the end of the day, that’s not where my focus is right now. My focus is on this team. We have to focus on winning ballgames right now.”

This is where the fact that CJ has never had a real job in his entire life really shows.  You don't undercut your GM/HC.  You tell Jamal you'll be happy to meet with him after he meets with GM/HC (if it's still necessary) and if/when that meeting happens you do nothing but support your GM/HC.  

Our owners have literally screwed up everything they've ever touched in their lives.  Yes, the valuation of this NFL franchise has gone up significantly, but certainly not because of them.  All NFL franchises have grown in value.  

This is a terrible move by CJ and undercut Douglas.  If I'm Douglas...I'd have a huge problem with this...

And - get this guy out of here.  I know - we can't be trading away good players.  Get me a B+ corner and I'll happily trade my A- safety.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

I don't understand this kind of post.  I don't get outraged or even care particularly about "leapfrogging the chain of command" for an organization I don't belong to.  To me, Adams is a very good player, maybe not great but very good, he heard from his agent about getting shopped, didn't like it, and now he talks to the head man. So what?  I'll let the leapfrogeés worry about what, if anything, this means to their careers.  I just want to watch football.

For some reason he has a meeting with the coach and gm to assure him he is not going to be traded before hand.

He blasted the coach and gm for going behind his back to shop him when the gm flat out said that was not the case.

He refused to talk to the coach  or gm

H went behind the coach  and gms back to talk to the owner.

You see nothing wrong with that?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

19 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Updated 1:30 PM;Today 1:25 PM 

Jets’ Jamal Adams was 'hurt' by Joe Douglas’ trade calls

shares

Jamal Adams’ emotions are still raw.

The Jets’ safety said Friday that he still isn’t ready to speak with either head coach Adam Gase or general manager Joe Douglas. But he has met with both of those men’s boss: CEO and acting owner Christopher Johnson.

“It was good, it went well,” Adams said. “Me and Mr. Johnson are really close, I have a lot of respect for him. I was very comfortable because he understands me, not Jamal Adams as a football player, but Jamal Adams as a person. He’s very genuine and authentic and I’ve always had mutual respect for him. So that was a guy I was comfortable with, talking to and it went well.”

Adams said that Johnson was the one who initiated that conversation, but he was more than willing to sit down for it.

“He cares,” Adams said. “He cares not just about football players, he cares about you as a person.”

Some may be tempted to see Adams’ glowing words about Johnson, juxtapose them against his refusal to speak with Gase and Douglas, then draw conclusions. But Adams is adamant – there is no “there” there.

“Do not write that story, man,” Adams said. “No. No. That’s – no, that’s not it. That’s not what I said. I’m just saying, that was who I was comfortable talking with at the time. I’m just not comfortable right now to speak on what happened with those two guys. I will, eventually. I will.”

For now, Adams said his unwillingness to speak face-to-face with Gase and Douglas just boils down to the fact that he needs more time to process the pain he felt around the NFL trade deadline.

“Yeah, apparently I’m in my feelings,” Adams said. “That’s what I see a lot. You can say that.”

If Jets fans are looking for a bright side, though, Adams did offer some desire to make peace with Douglas. When asked if he thinks his eventual conversation with the first-year GM can repair their relationship, Adams said: “I hope it does, man.”

But, Adams also quickly changed the topic: "At the end of the day, that’s not where my focus is right now. My focus is on this team. We have to focus on winning ballgames right now.”

if johnson understands the business then we can only hope he told adams to speak with douglas and gase and get this sore closed up asap.  at this point adams needs a monster game to close these wounds.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

A lousy team isn’t going to trade for Jamal, why would they?  If the compensation is a first round pick plus another day 2 pick, why would a bad team trade all that for a SS?  That team would probably have several other holes at much more important positions than SS.  I think knowing what he knows now, Douglas is regretting not taking the Dallas deal.  I’m not sure Adams’ value is going up from this point forward.  

Maybe Bowles can convince Arians that he needs Adams to make his defense top 3 in the league.

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

That’s crazy if Douglas didn’t take it

In a vacuum maybe.

But Douglas has not had the opportunity to mold this team in his image. Every GM deserves 2 seasons at least to allow a view of what the team looks like at that point.

Maybe Adams is a part of that. Maybe not.

Incomplete story.

• Upvote 1

You are the owner of this team who barely seems to understand football.  You see #33 Jamal Adams making plays every Sunday all over the field. #33 is probably the best selling NY Jets jersey. So your newly hired GM who botched the kicker position costing the team a win in the opener, the same GM who signed a retired Center who is worse than the one he replaced. Who gets your attention on this one the better player or the GM who hasn't done squat to improve this team since he got here. Team owners judge HC's and GM's on wins and losses not how many tackles and INT's they have.  

The Johnson's are watching Gase and Douglas closely in all this mark my words. A winning team earns them more money and thats what it's all about for the Johnsons. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The offer is not going to get better.   i am sure that a 2020 first is pretty much off the table.  We are looking at the equivalent of a 2020 second plus.

Agreed. He’s going to spend the next two months not intercepting passes and the following two shooting his way out of town. Douglas really botched this.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The offer is not going to get better.   i am sure that a 2020 first is pretty much off the table.  We are looking at the equivalent of a 2020 second plus.

I think a fair deal will be a second rounder, a conditional future pick, and the rights to move up in Rd One for one of the big OL or Jeudy. This presumes we win a few meaningless games down the stretch and Atlanta hires, like, Todd Bowles. 

Just now, dbatesman said:

Agreed. He’s going to spend the next two months not intercepting passes and the following two shooting his way out of town. Douglas really botched this.

Could he have predicted Adams was going to whine like this? Douglas would have been vilified if he took a bare bones deal for Adams prior to his outburst(s)

• Sympathy 1

You are a NY Jets player the team hasn't won anything meaningful in 50 years you see this Jamal Adams situation do you really want to remain on this team. You are a free agent do you want to sign here. You see the overall situation owner,GM,HC this is real its happening over and over. College standout player do you want to be drafted by the NY Jets. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You are a NY Jets player the team hasn't won anything meaningful in 50 years you see this Jamal Adams situation do you really want to remain on this team. You are a free agent do you want to sign here. You see the overall situation owner,GM,HC this is real its happening over and over. College standout player do you want to be drafted by the NY Jets. 

If I'm another NFL player, I probably already know that Jamal Adams is an overrated clown, so I'm non-plussed by this.  

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Could he have predicted Adams was going to whine like this? Douglas would have been vilified if he took a bare bones deal for Adams prior to his outburst(s)

My problem is that I don’t think a first for a safety is a bare bones deal, even if it’s going to end up being in the high 20s and the throw-in is only a 4th.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Unless of course you were tackled by him in a game. 

Or you beat him in coverage for an easy TD. Or you beat him on sack and threw a TD pass. Or your team was up by 21 late in the 4th qtr and he stopped you on a 4th and 1 in garbage time AND watched him Celebrate. Or you watched Him cry like a little bitch when he was mentioned in trade talks. Or when he went behind the back of the HC AND GM to cry to the CLUELESS OWNER.  

The first 3 incidents were accepted by some Jet Fans because Adams was a "Great Player" in their eyes. The ones who saw through him from the beginning knew most Jet Fans were "Played Greatly" by this Me First douchebag. Now a lot of guys are seeing the light when it comes to Adams. The rest will probably come around when Prez Me First holds out if he is not traded. Still some will even have Adams' back even when he is long gone because they can't see the forest for the trees. Sad really.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Does Chris Johnson watch different Jets games than the rest of us?

Tom, there is enough people on this site that think he is the ultimate play maker despite a lack of visual plays.  Chris Johnson buys into the hype as he listens to national media that never actually watch this team and see a few highlights each week of jamal dancing after a 2 yard stop as we are being beaten 33-0 .

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

In a vacuum maybe.

But Douglas has not had the opportunity to mold this team in his image. Every GM deserves 2 seasons at least to allow a view of what the team looks like at that point.

Maybe Adams is a part of that. Maybe not.

Incomplete story.

Agree on Douglas but not on, not trading Adams if he got a first round pick + for him.