Jets’ Jamal Adams still won’t meet with Joe Douglas – but he did talk to Christopher Johnson | How did it go?

Apache 51

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Tom, there is enough people on this site that think he is the ultimate play maker despite a lack of visual plays.  Chris Johnson buys into the hype as he listens to national media that never actually watch this team and see a few highlights each week of jamal dancing after a 2 yard stop as we are being beaten 33-0 .

#NPD

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

if johnson understands the business then we can only hope he told adams to speak with douglas and gase and get this sore closed up asap.  at this point adams needs a monster game to close these wounds.

So true. This applies in almost every application of life as well, wise advice, rangerous.

12 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

I don't understand this kind of post.  I don't get outraged or even care particularly about "leapfrogging the chain of command" for an organization I don't belong to.  To me, Adams is a very good player, maybe not great but very good, he heard from his agent about getting shopped, didn't like it, and now he talks to the head man. So what?  I'll let the leapfrogeés worry about what, if anything, this means to their careers.  I just want to watch football.

Son... we follow orders or men die.  In all seriousness, large well run organizations have a chain of command.  I want to watch football too but we suffer from the Johnsons poor management and this is an absolute sign of it. 

DF0EF838-F0F9-417F-AAED-C6FF170DA285.png

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 11/1/2019 at 8:39 PM, Apache 51 said:

Jets’ Jamal Adams still won’t meet with Joe Douglas – but he did talk to Christopher Johnson | How did it go?

Updated 1:30 PM;Today 1:25 PM 

Jets’ Jamal Adams was 'hurt' by Joe Douglas’ trade calls

shares

Jamal Adams’ emotions are still raw.

The Jets’ safety said Friday that he still isn’t ready to speak with either head coach Adam Gase or general manager Joe Douglas. But he has met with both of those men’s boss: CEO and acting owner Christopher Johnson.

“It was good, it went well,” Adams said. “Me and Mr. Johnson are really close, I have a lot of respect for him. I was very comfortable because he understands me, not Jamal Adams as a football player, but Jamal Adams as a person. He’s very genuine and authentic and I’ve always had mutual respect for him. So that was a guy I was comfortable with, talking to and it went well.”

Adams said that Johnson was the one who initiated that conversation, but he was more than willing to sit down for it.

“He cares,” Adams said. “He cares not just about football players, he cares about you as a person.”

Some may be tempted to see Adams’ glowing words about Johnson, juxtapose them against his refusal to speak with Gase and Douglas, then draw conclusions. But Adams is adamant – there is no “there” there.

“Do not write that story, man,” Adams said. “No. No. That’s – no, that’s not it. That’s not what I said. I’m just saying, that was who I was comfortable talking with at the time. I’m just not comfortable right now to speak on what happened with those two guys. I will, eventually. I will.”

For now, Adams said his unwillingness to speak face-to-face with Gase and Douglas just boils down to the fact that he needs more time to process the pain he felt around the NFL trade deadline.

“Yeah, apparently I’m in my feelings,” Adams said. “That’s what I see a lot. You can say that.”

If Jets fans are looking for a bright side, though, Adams did offer some desire to make peace with Douglas. When asked if he thinks his eventual conversation with the first-year GM can repair their relationship, Adams said: “I hope it does, man.”

But, Adams also quickly changed the topic: "At the end of the day, that’s not where my focus is right now. My focus is on this team. We have to focus on winning ballgames right now.”

So glad I purchased his Jersey....twice. 

Love this dude. 

• Haha 1

This guy is a narcissistic douche. How does this team move on from this. He thinks he is more important then the Head Coach and the GM. I was President for a Union for years and what do you think the other players think of this guy. Just seems to me to be a knob polisher by going to the owner and not going through the proper channels. He surely thinks very highly of himself.....too highly for what he is doing. I don't know where they go from here with this guy. He is decimating this locker room, distancing the HC and GM, and showing all the Jet fans how conceited and egotistical he is, which doesn't convert to a good teammate. Time to get rid of this guy, and I actually rooted for him from day one...I wonder what he would be saying if the Dallas trade went through," I want to thank the Jets and their fans and want them to know that I tried my best for them, but now I am a Cowboy, and I will be the best leader and teammate I can be here.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Son... we follow orders or men die.  In all seriousness, large well run organizations have a chain of command.  I want to watch football too but we suffer from the Johnsons poor management and this is an absolute sign of it. 

DF0EF838-F0F9-417F-AAED-C6FF170DA285.png

Play worthy.........

Top 10 Movie....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Exactly...I’m tired of this f*ckin guy...”I’m great, look at me, I call myself Prez, the rest of the team s*cks, they’re not Dawgs, they’re not like me, because I’m great, did you hear me say I’m great?  Of if you didn’t I just said it again, because I’m great and I’m really not part of this team, because they’re not Dawgs and I’m great, oh by the way I’m going to want a new contract starting at $15Mill a year soon, I don’t win any games but that’s not my fault I deserve all that money, why? because I’m great, it’s all the other guys on this teams fault, they’re not Dawgs, like I am”.

Make a game winning play, make a pick when it hits you right in the hands, cover receivers better”.....ship this mother to Cincinnati.

Sad thing is that I was a fan and supporter before this bullsh*t.  I recognize that he was over drafted but he does have talent and can help a team.  All of that being said, you can’t build a team through me first players.  Mangini had it right when he brought in players that were solid players and solid individuals.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

This little Bitch. Keep telling yourself that. Whats the old saying?  "Prayer. The last refuge of the scoundrel." Perfectly fits here. Scumbag.

Even his handle says it’s all about him and not “team”...TheAdamsEra”.....win something first or better yet have the team you play for win in consecutive years or more...What are the Jets? About 10-30 since this guy was way overdrafted?...that’s YOUR “Era”...proud of that?  How many games are you responsible for winning?  Not too many, that’s for sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:48 PM, Beerfish said:

Players report to the owner BEHIND THE BACKS OF THE COACH AND THE GM.

What an utter joke this guy is

Pathetic.

On 11/1/2019 at 4:49 PM, Losmeister said:

so he leap frogs the chain of command??

eff this punk...

On 11/1/2019 at 7:33 PM, ASH1962 said:

I have never heard such blatant insubordination in my life and would get any regular guy fired from any job instantly. Jamal Adams, GFY you baby.

On 11/1/2019 at 7:34 PM, southparkcpa said:

Moreover.... FUKK Chris Johnson, He should have refused the meeting. there is no chain of command in the playground of the rich and spoiled owners of the NY Jets. 

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

H went behind the coach  and gms back to talk to the owner.

You see nothing wrong with that?

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Adams having access to the owner is absurd.

13 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

he went behind the back of the HC AND GM to cry to the CLUELESS OWNER. 

9 hours ago, Snell41 said:

The telling aspect of this is Chris Johnson allowing a player direct access,

7 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

This guy is a narcissistic douche.... Just seems to me to be a knob polisher by going to the owner and not going through the proper channels. He surely thinks very highly of himself.....

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

he’s a sore loser and there will never EVER be enough individual achievement for him to fill the psychological bucket for him. He may not even be consciously doing it. It’s just his wiring, psychosis.

Bob Marley Captioned.jpg

• Sympathy 1

Personally, I would have traded Adams to Dallas for the reported #1 they offered. I think Adams impact value is minimal for us in our current state, he is a nice to have for a great team, not a must have for a bad bad team. I’d rather have a shot at a 10-year stud tackle or center than have Adams. And I maintain that Watson was the best and right pick at that spot for us.  JMO.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Personally, I would have traded Adams to Dallas for the reported #1 they offered. I think Adams impact value is minimal for us in our current state, he is a nice to have for a great team, not a must have for a bad bad team. I’d rather have a shot at a 10-year stud tackle or center than have Adams. And I maintain that Watson was the best and right pick at that spot for us.  JMO.

If Joe Douglas declined a 1st round pick for a "box safety" then folks should stop with the critical Adams threads and should be wondering how in the hell did Douglas refuse a 1st round pick for a player everyone claims has no impact to wins. 

If the offer is true, he should have been traded and it looks bad on Douglas to pass on that in order to keep a now disgruntled player.

The NY Jets. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

If Joe Douglas declined a 1st round pick for a "box safety" then folks should stop with the critical Adams threads and should be wondering how in the hell did Douglas refuse a 1st round pick for a player everyone claims has no impact to wins. 

If the offer is true, he should have been traded and it looks bad on Douglas to pass on that in order to keep a now disgruntled player.

The NY Jets. 

So it’s your position that the 24 year old former sixth overall pick who has been a Pro Bowler and All Pro and is still on his rookie contract for two more years is now worth the 26th overall pick? If that doesn’t confirm what critics of the pick have been saying since the day he was drafted, nothing does. 

P.S. Do you think you could have gotten Aaron Donald or Tom Brady for solely the Cowboys #1 pick? 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So it’s your position that the 24 year old former sixth overall pick who has been a Pro Bowler and All Pro and is still on his rookie contract for two more years is now worth the 26th overall pick? If that doesn’t confirm what critics of the pick have been saying since the day he was drafted, nothing does. 

P.S. Do you think you could have gotten Aaron Donald or Tom Brady for solely the Cowboys #1 pick? 

Douglas was smart to stand strong & not trade him for a low #1. And why isn't Adams mad at the Cowboys for not upping the ante for THE PREZ? If he's the missing puzzle to the Cowboys next Super Bowl a #1 & 2 twos should be totally worth it for them. Jerrah didn't do it because Jamal Adams is F*CKING SAFETY! Would the Jets be better off with Maye + A cheaper Vet SS & really good edge rusher? Of course. The Patriots defense didn't morph into what it now because Chung came back to play SS, its great because Belichick made Stephon Gilmore the highest paid defender on the team & uses him like Rex used Revis in his prime to give him a extra defender to Wreak havoc on offenses weak spots. F*ck the Cowboys, now that teams know what the asking price is this offseason trade him to the highest bidder. There's always another dumb organization like the Jets out there. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is my position. I'll repost it for you. 

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The NY Jets. 

The fact that Adams, a Jets 1st first round pick, would still be worth a 1st round pick 3 years into his rookie contract makes him the best 1st round draft pick since Darrelle Revis. 

Since Revis, what were these 1st round draft picks worth 3 years into their rookie deal? 

1. Vernon Gholston

2. Dustin Keller

3. Mark Sanchez

4. Kyle Wilson

5. Muhammad Wilkerson

6. Quintin Coples

7. Dee Milliner

8. Sheldon Richardson

9. Calvin Pryor

10. Leonard Williams

11. Darron Lee

Furthermore, how many of the "critics from day one" you're referring to supported these picks above? None of these players would have generated a 1st round draft pick from any team.

The funny thing about this is, I'm reading a ton about how "What Douglas is doing was strictly business and Adams should stop throwing hissy fits", yet these same folks hated on Darrelle Revis for being a shrewd business man and getting everything out of his talent that he possibly could. Called him greedy, Mevi$, selfish...etc. 

This is exactly why Revis handled business the way he did, because it's business. And I heard the same nonsense back when I supported his business approach. The fans have always hated players that do anything outside of being a useful tool for the organization that keeps their mouth shut unless needed to be a mouth piece puppet for the organization, doesn't make waves and allows the team to take financial advantage of them. The fans have always, and will continue to defend the organization no matter how dysfunctional. 

Look at the Redskins fanbase for example. Their fans are pissed at Trent Williams for sitting out half the season, yet arent as irate that the team doctors didnt properly diagnose his cancer for 6 seasons...straight. They only care that he puts on his helmet and go kill himself on the field. So im not at all surprised that Adams gets more heat than the Jets front office does submitting blank medical documentation. Because after all...it's business, right? 

This is my only problem that I have. Folks really don't give a rat's ass about any of these players, they only care about the organization, yet this organization is sticking it to the fans as well, just ask Mr. PSL or the overall product on the field on Sundays over the past 50 years. The only player over the past couple years that I can say I've enjoyed more often than not IS Jamal Adams. 

No, but I think that the Cowboys could have gotten Jamal Adams for their 1st round pick, which means that although Adams isnt going to garner what Darnold and Brady would establish, there are only a hand full of safeties that would garner a 1st round pick...and they're elite Safeties. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The NY Jets. 

In hindsight yes, but if addams acts even halfway like a man, there is a chance JD can get more during the off-season. That’s probably out the window now but who knew addams would act like this much of a ****

7 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

In hindsight yes, but if addams acts even halfway like a man, there is a chance JD can get more during the off-season. That’s probably out the window now but who knew addams would act like this much of a ****

Maybe Adams realized that he's just a resource and doesn't really care about what a dysfunctional team gets in return for trading him. 

If we're really going to go the "This is just business" route, then I dont blame a player for doing what is in the best interest for him. 

• Upvote 1