Jets’ Jamal Adams still won’t meet with Joe Douglas – but he did talk to Christopher Johnson | How did it go?

Apache 51

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Maybe Adams realized that he's just a resource and doesn't really care about what a dysfunctional team gets in return for trading him. 

If we're really going to go the "This is just business" route, then I dont blame a player for doing what is in the best interest for him. 

If he wants to look out for his best interests that’s fine, crying in public, turning down offers to sit and talk with the bosses (which should never have to be done in the first place ) and constant contradicting is c wordy, there’s a way to be a man and still look out for your best interests. He would still probably lose fans , that’s part of the “business” of the posturing but this act is beyond ridiculous and goes way beyond looking out for his best interests 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

If he wants to look out for his best interests that’s fine, crying in public, turning down offers to sit and talk with the bosses (which should never have to be done in the first place ) and constant contradicting is c wordy, there’s a way to be a man and still look out for your best interests. He would still probably lose fans , that’s part of the “business” of the posturing but this act is beyond ridiculous and goes way beyond looking out for his best interests 

Yeah, but fans always move the goalposts when it comes to how players approach things. Revis never said a word, but handled it strictly contractually, and fans found a way to have a problem with that. 

I seen fans go as far as celebrating his injury. Like, WTF...really? 

We both know that if a player does anything for their best interest that isnt in line with the organization they're going to get heat on it, yet when the organization does anything for the best interest of the organization that isnt in line with that player...then it's just business. 

That's not going to change and folks wont outright admit it, but we all know. Im just not the type to not say anything on it. No one can quote me "specifically" defending everything Adams has said, because it simply isnt that deep to me. What I do know is that he's been consistent about him being told one thing and the team doing something else. How many of us went to work and had our superior do something similar and we didnt feel some type of way? Lets not pretend like that doesnt happen. 

Fans can't have it both ways. Organizations have certain leverage that they can use against players, and players have certain leverage that they can use against organizations. The organizations leverage is usually contractual agreements and having control of doctors and narratives (fanbase), players have social media and the press. 

It's all business and fans biasly pick sides and the reality is that most of what is said is emotional or some "I told you so" rant they waited since 2017 to finally get out. 

Jamal Adams could have been as quiet as Darrelle Revis and fans would have still found a way to make him out to be a piece of sh*t, just like they did Darrelle Revis. 

Generally speaking, the "public crying" is just the excuse being used.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Personally, I would have traded Adams to Dallas for the reported #1 they offered. I think Adams impact value is minimal for us in our current state, he is a nice to have for a great team, not a must have for a bad bad team. I’d rather have a shot at a 10-year stud tackle or center than have Adams. And I maintain that Watson was the best and right pick at that spot for us.  JMO.

Mahomes (who I was yelling for, loudly, when they were on the clock) was (Watson 2nd)...although the Jets would have probably ruined Both.

But this below 100 IQ (I can say that because the guy has less than 0 Critical Thinking ability), coffee drinking, office drone, c*nt, Maccagnan picked the Consensus "best player on the board" at the time Adams, a Safety, not even a CB, when the Jets were severely lacking BOTH QB and CB at the time.  Then he doubled down with ANOTHER Safety at 2 when Dalvin Cook was there to be taken.  I think he leads the NFL in Rushing right now?  No wait, he does have very limited Critical Thinking ability..."As long as I take the Consensus Pick in every 1st Round, even if it barely helps the Jets team as a whole, I'll protect my job for at least 1 more year.  Leonard Williams?  I'll draft him, oh wait, someone told me that means it will displace another 1st Rd pick Sheldon Richardson and make the team play a 290 lber at LB, that's ok with me, Consensus says Williams is the Best Available Player"...yeah move this team to Antartica hahaha.......how Ownership could allow that Stumblebum Maccagnan to pick 5 Drafts...5 (still is insane when you think about it)...means there is No Hope for this Franchise as long as they have these same Owners.

Soon you won't even be able to get a Low 1st Rd pick for Adams, because of the dollars this delusional guy is going to be demanding.  Douglas should have moved him, he is not worth the drama, and the fact that he went right to the Owner bypassing Coach and GM is disgusting.

Mahomes and Cook...smh.

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:03 PM, Beerfish said:

Fans appreciate winning, not gas bags that talk about leadership and winning and then cry like babies the moment things do not go their way.

Chirs Johnson is an utter tool.  Much much worse than woody.

I like Adams and he grades out well. He works hard during and in the off-season. So, I really don't understand why any Jets fan would NOT like that. ????!!!! 

• Upvote 1

there are a million picks that the Jets didn't make that would have been "perfect" for them.

Problem is, even when the Jets pick the "perfect" player, their player development sucks--different coaches every three years (because they SUCK)--so it ends up being that they don't perform for the Jets and do great in other systems.

Yeah, Watson would have been great IF the Jets weren't the Jets. Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, Adam Gase. None of these guys I think can develop a cold in a child in winter. I'm thinking that talent among the NFL is mostly the same, it's the coaching that matters so much. It's taken Watson some time to become the QB he is today. But, clearly, he's double trouble.

What happened to Darnold's legs???

On 11/3/2019 at 7:55 AM, Villain The Foe said:

Atleast Douglas knew to make a real attempt to fix the Oline. 

The man isnt stupid. 

Problem is Dallas ain’t giving up an all pro Guard

There isn’t a planet in which Adams is worth what Martin is

I’m hoping we can still get a first in next year’s draft for him