Jets don't claim Josh Gordon off waivers because apparently Demaryus Thomas is better

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Look at the alternatives.  Robby Anderson is our #1 WR.  Demaryus Thomas is on one leg basically.  This is a guy who could've helped them win some games.  Maybe Douglas really is tanking....

Might as well tank at this point so we can trade back in the first, compile picks and draft 13 O-lineman next year. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Right and if he came in here and gelled well with Sam then we'd have him for the rest of the year and would have the first shot at resigning him. For a team with little to no talent on the offensive side of the ball taking a $1mil flyer on a guy who's got some serious upside isn't a bad option. Who am I kidding though it's not like we have a 22 year old QB who needs all the help he can get 

And then he would be suspended all next year.

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

Right and if he came in here and gelled well with Sam then we'd have him for the rest of the year and would have the first shot at resigning him. For a team with little to no talent on the offensive side of the ball taking a $1mil flyer on a guy who's got some serious upside isn't a bad option. Who am I kidding though it's not like we have a 22 year old QB who needs all the help he can get 

Because everything in Gordon’s history screams long term deal. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Green DNA said:

I just read an article today that Gordon missed some meetings, was late to others and the coaches had trouble getting in touch with him.  Pass. 

I called him a "head case"and got blasted by some because apparently being unable to go to meetings and avoid banned substances is considered ok these days because we can't call things what they are anymore.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

We traded a 6th to a rival for Demaryus Thomas but didn't take a $1m flyer on a WR with a much higher ceiling. Mind blown

The word is that BB wasn't happy with Gordon's work ethic. Late to meetings, lack of effort, and his production was way down. Right now, NE's offense is struggling, but BB still chose to release him. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

So was Jachai Polite.

How'd that work out?  Lasted about 3 weeks I think?

Seattle is in "win now mode" so Pete will do whatever he thinks will (even marginally) make his team better. At this point, do the Jets really want to get better with playoffs out of the picture? Another thread mentioned how a meaningless win against the Dolphins precluded you drafting Bosa. At this point why not jostle with the Fins, Skins, and Bengals for a top 5 (or better) pick? 

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There is no high reward. When someone tells you who they are you should believe them. Gordon hasn't played a full NFL season since 2012. He's a drug addict with a poor work ethic.

And if he continues to be, cut him. $1m that we don't even need this season. 

4 hours ago, CTM said:

Time to cancel those playoff tickets lol..

But i kind of get some's frustration from the Darnold angle..

So you mean getting a guy like Gordon will stop Darnold from throwing off his back foot on a regular basis and air mailing passes to the other team trying to hit the Ghosts in stride ?

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There is no high reward. When someone tells you who they are you should believe them. Gordon hasn't played a full NFL season since 2012. He's a drug addict with a poor work ethic.

The Belichick Patriots have kept rapists and murderers on their roster until it became impossible to field them, but they cut Josh Gordon because they just couldn’t wait to spend a 2 on Mohammed Sanu?

• Upvote 2