Ryan Kalil,Trumaine Johnson among five ruled out by Jets

Ryan Kalil, Trumaine Johnson among five ruled out by Jets

Posted by Josh Alper on November 1, 2019, 4:27 PM EDT

gettyimages-1176002724-e1572640004463.jp
Getty Images

The Jets had 26 players on this week’s injury reports and five of those players have been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.

We’ve known for some time that linebacker C.J. Mosley will be out with the groin injury that’s ruined his first season with the Jets. He’ll be joined on the inactive list by center Ryan Kalil, who is dealing with knee and elbow trouble and will be replaced by Jonotthan Harrison.

The Jets will also be without cornerback Trumaine Johnson (ankles), wide receiver Josh Bellamy (foot, shoulder) and cornerback Rontez Miles (neck,hip). Linebacker Neville Hewitt (neck, knee) is listed as doubtful and his absence would leave the Jets very thin at inside linebacker with Mosley out and Blake Cashman going on injured reserve Friday.

Left tackle Kelvin Beachum (ankle), tight end Chris Herndon (hamstring), wide receiver Demaryius Thomas (hamstring, ankle), defensive tackle Steve McLendon (hamstring), and wide receiver Braxton Berrios (hamstring) are all listed as questionable.

3 hours ago, pointman said:

Kalil gets legit 180 degrees turned around. I'm surprised that idiot doesn't drowned in the bath tub.

I told u guys my sons a Panther fan & when JD signed him I asked him if he had anything left.....he said HE'S DONE. 

Strange that a 32 year old lay person fan would know that & not our GM? Scary thought, but I'm hoping it was a shot in the dark based on how awful JD knew this line actually was.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Getty Images

The Jets had 26 players on this week’s injury reports and five of those players have been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.

We’ve known for some time that linebacker C.J. Mosley will be out with the groin injury that’s ruined his first season with the Jets. He’ll be joined on the inactive list by center Ryan Kalil, who is dealing with knee and elbow trouble and will be replaced by Jonotthan Harrison.

The Jets will also be without cornerback Trumaine Johnson (ankles), wide receiver Josh Bellamy (foot, shoulder) and cornerback Rontez Miles (neck,hip). Linebacker Neville Hewitt (neck, knee) is listed as doubtful and his absence would leave the Jets very thin at inside linebacker with Mosley out and Blake Cashman going on injured reserve Friday.

Left tackle Kelvin Beachum (ankle), tight end Chris Herndon (hamstring), wide receiver Demaryius Thomas (hamstring, ankle), defensive tackle Steve McLendon (hamstring), and wide receiver Braxton Berrios (hamstring) are all listed as questionable.

If all the players listed as Questionable are going to play this is very good news. 

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Seriously?  Cornerback?  Isn't he as box as safeties get? 

What they should really say is 'special teamer' 

12 hours ago, PepPep said:

If all the players listed as Questionable are going to play this is very good news. 

What they should really say is 'special teamer' 

Well, they don't use the word "probable" anymore, so doubtful can be construed as probable. 

Boy, is that dumb or what?

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Getty Images

Why not just sit Mosely for the year so he can heal for next year? 

Berrios had some moves as a WR and PR in the preseason. We were surprised when BB cut hm and kept Gunner Olszewski.

22 hours ago, Jetster said:

I told u guys my sons a Panther fan & when JD signed him I asked him if he had anything left.....he said HE'S DONE. 

Strange that a 32 year old lay person fan would know that & not our GM? Scary thought, but I'm hoping it was a shot in the dark based on how awful JD knew this line actually was.

The fact that he was officially retired also confirmed that even Kalil knew he was done.

Dude basically just banked an extra 8 mill and never left retirement status.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Are you trying to say the Jets would have a better chance of winning if these 2 scrubs actually played ?

I’m saying “you’re telling me there’s a chance we’ll win now” as in keep these scrubs as far away from the playing field as humanly possible