‘Jets Don’t Have Players’ - WFAN’s Chris Moore

JetsLife

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You’re going to have to give Gase a few good players before we know this for sure, however 

Gase was oc in chicago, 3 years in miami and his time here.  He has done nothing impressive at all.

As I've said before, I said that Gailey, Morton and even Bates were miracle workers because the offense at least looked like it had a pulse at times with awful talent.  Gases offense looks worse than all of those and that just doesn't cut it.  The longer he is here the more time we are wasting.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Worse than the 1995 or 1996 Jets?  Also, I did a comparison of the 1997 roster vs the 1996 roster and I marked in red the players that weren't there the year before (note that I did this manually so there might be mistakes).  It's absolutely amazing what Parcells/Belichick did with that 1997 team.  There still wasn't that much talent on that roster yet they almost went 10-6 and to the playoffs.  

image.thumb.png.dd3529a75d2295f858bc35731dc3e2f3.png

image.thumb.png.d2e0c43435f4eb8e5a94b18cdcb1b727.png

image.thumb.png.f8ffb37552cb2884d17cba808b9e908f.png

Look at the 1996 team again, specifically at the Oline, DBacks and WR's and compare it to this year's team. I'd argue if we had those 3 areas, we'd have 2-3 more wins already. I agree what Bill did, but this roster is terrible in the three areas I referenced, and it is killing us.

• Upvote 1

Going into this season, aside from the rash of injuries the Jets are facing, I knew the Jets were not a good team. Mac was a sh*thead from hell rebuilding this season. The fact is, as a direct result of what he THOUGHT was rebuilding, completely destroyed the team and left them talentless. I always figured this team wouldn't win anymore than about 6 games. Now, with the injury concerns, I figure they might win about 3 games.

But I can't under any scenario see that criticizing Gase is fair? NOBODY, not even Bill Parcells himself would be able to win with this team. Gase is coaching a bunch of players right now that wouldn't make another NFL team. Throwing him under the bus right now is as unfair as any other travesty.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

The same people who like to rant about "everyone gets a trophy" and "pussification of 'Murica" are the ones most likely to say, "Well, we can't judge this thing that I wanted to go one way, but it has clearly gone the other way, because of these reasons... "

16 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Going into this season, aside from the rash of injuries the Jets are facing, I knew the Jets were not a good team. Mac was a sh*thead from hell rebuilding this season. The fact is, as a direct result of what he THOUGHT was rebuilding, completely destroyed the team and left them talentless. I always figured this team wouldn't win anymore than about 6 games. Now, with the injury concerns, I figure they might win about 3 games.

But I can't under any scenario see that criticizing Gase is fair? NOBODY, not even Bill Parcells himself would be able to win with this team. Gase is coaching a bunch of players right now that wouldn't make another NFL team. Throwing him under the bus right now is as unfair as any other travesty.

Nonsense.  Belichick and Parcells could've won games with this team.  Not saying they'd be 6-1 (instead of 1-6) but they almost certainly would've had at least 3 (and probably 4) wins.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gase was oc in chicago, 3 years in miami and his time here.  He has done nothing impressive at all.

As I've said before, I said that Gailey, Morton and even Bates were miracle workers because the offense at least looked like it had a pulse at times with awful talent.  Gases offense looks worse than all of those and that just doesn't cut it.  The longer he is here the more time we are wasting.

I was a big Morton guy, myself. I liked that offense, When you include Chicago, Gase had the washed Jay Cutler and Matt Moore for the far majority of that time. 

• Upvote 1

We all said this team had a shot at a wild card if they stayed healthy. None of us expected this sh*t storm. This reminds me a lot of last year this time, that Minnesota game specifically. 

Even with injuries, I am with the lot of you that wonder why we aren’t more competitive. It all starts with the offensive line and they really suck. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Both of those guys would have purged the sh*t out of this roster before the season opened. They'd be running street free agents onto the field before they'd let Trumaine Johnson take the field. 

I’m now entertaining myself by thinking of what Parcells would have done to Jamal Adams this week.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Uh, what about those alphas CJ and Gase telling Macc what to do?

Definitely, they gave the orders for the new additions.  But the core of the roster which predates Adam and Chris was Maccagnan’s responsibility.  

SAR I

The bad players are also commonly out of sync or using poor technique 
when it’s this bad everything sucks 
dont get the blame game nonsense 
its ownership. Look at the consistently good teams in any sport and then look into how the owners family made the fortune 
woody and Christopher‘s dad had a falling out with grandpa and neither of them ever worked for the family business
not one day
since their money is private it’s very difficult to find out any information on either of them 
the Jets are owned by guys that were born into financial bliss but never did anything to contribute to it 
woody was a C student at Arizona and his father thought he was such a twit that he wasn’t allowed to spend his own money without lawyer approval for years 
Neither of them ever  built or ran anything 
They have always had high priced advisors lawyers counsel or consultants to rely on 
when they sign a check and that doesn’t fix it they don’t know what else to do 
they can’t lead, inspire, manage or troubleshoot or hell even set a standard or expectation 
here’s the bottom line ________

players and coaches that are signed, not draft picks, come here to collect checks with no pressure of winning 
draft picks play out their rookie deal and move on or leave football lol
sure they try hard  the thing is there is no knife edge no extra motivation that they have to answer to the owners expectations or standards or else 
the owners won’t even commit to the playoffs as a minimum after investing 4 draft picks in a QB  
so this is all pointless mental masturbation   until the team gets an owner with balls vision and standards 

By far the best post you’ve ever made. This is your signature moment.

I'd fire him if we could get Harbaugh or, ideally, Urban Meyer.  There are probably a few other good candidates out there as well.  The key thing is finding the right HC/OC for Sam going forward.  Rebuild the OL, get Sam some weapons and put the right coaching staff in place.  That's what the focus should be going forward.

I’d push Gase out for Rhule if he was willing to give the new regime a chance.
  • Upvote 1

Leo Williams was like the 4th or 5th best player on the whole team.  We got what, a 3rd for him?

This team is an abyss of talent.  Even the guys who actually are good (Le'Veon, Mosley, etc.) are either too expensive or are injured, outside of Jamal.

Look around the league at all these teams with players in their early 20's who are killing it and are playing on cheap deals.  We have like one guy in Jamal.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Look at the 1996 team again, specifically at the Oline, DBacks and WR's and compare it to this year's team. I'd argue if we had those 3 areas, we'd have 2-3 more wins already. I agree what Bill did, but this roster is terrible in the three areas I referenced, and it is killing us.

Rick Terry at DT.....LOL!  This team has forever drafted interior DLine busts.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When I look at the 1995 roster, I think that Rich Kotite did a heck of a job getting this team to 3 wins.  Look at the WRs.  Other than Wayne Chrebet, we had Curtis Ceaser, Jeff Sydner, Charles Wilson and Ryan Yarborough.  

In no way shape or form do I think Adam Gase is Bill Belichick.  He isn't.

However, Belichick is regarded as one of the greatest coaches all time. 

But here is the problem:  He had five seasons as head coach of the Browns and went 36-44.  His first year as head coach of New England he went 5-11.  His second year in New England, he started 0-3.  He puts in Tom Brady out of necessity, and goes 233-76 from that point on and wins 6 Super Bowls.  So, was he still a misunderstood genius when he was 41-58 up until Tom Brady, or did Tom Brady make him look like a genius?

Sometimes, the coach is only as good as the players, and sometimes the players are only as good as the coaching they get.  Who knows what the exact mix of said statement is.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That would look so, so bad. 

Who gives a F how bad it looks, better to get the best person possible.  The jets already look like a clown show how much worse can it get?

Rhule sounds like a head football coach, not a coordinator that just wants final say on some things and more cash.

Our last three head coaches have been coordinators that essentially care only about their side of the ball and even then do a bad job.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Adams, Maye, Anderson, bell, Mosley (when healthy), Darnold, quinnen, Jenkins, Crowder? All names from the Jets rosters other teams would be interested in? The money might scare teams away from Mosley, Crowder and bell but still players teams would not mind on their roster. Leo would have made the list too but he has already been traded.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly. The issue is the offensive line and edge rushers. 

If you can't protect the QB and you can pressure the opposing QB the rest of the talent doesn't really matter.

This type of stupid  WFAN analysis is why I stopped listening to that station.. Just random hot takes. And it's not just because they bash the Jets, I'm also a Yankee fan and they find plenty to kill them about.

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Any competent coach would at least have the team competitive. 

If they were in a few of these games I can almost understand the argument some are making - but they're not even really putting up a fight.

I was Ok With the gase hiring (wasn't one of my top choices) but you are 100% right. This team is way too talented to be embarrassed every Sunday.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t really care about the optics at this point.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who gives a F how bad it looks, better to get the best person possible.  The jets already look like a clown show how much worse can it get?

Rhule sounds like a head football coach, not a coordinator that just wants final say on some things and more cash.

Our last three head coaches have been coordinators that essentially care only about their side of the ball and even then do a bad job.

If you go back and look at my sh*tposting from the HC search, I wanted Rhule because he was a program builder and I was annoyed that Maccagnan decleated him with the Gregg Williams hedge. That said, I don't think Rhule would have made it here because he comes off as too nice, which doesn't work with this dysfunctional, garbage franchise. The job needed a shark and it got one. As far as the optics, it would look ridiculous to even offer it to Rhule, especially considering there's an approximately zero chance he'd take the job at this point. He's going to have a lot of options this year, and the Jets are going to be at the bottom of that list. Hell, dude could probably get the Cowboys job next year. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

giphy-20.gif.c8c3fa96ec66e13f58ae2a73145e13d9.gif

- Incompetent, stupid, weak Ownership

- Jets essentially ignore O line for 10 years

- Jets essentially ignore Offense for 15 years at top of the draft

- Idzik completely craps out on 12 pick draft, fired

- MacCagnan and staff demonstrates zero talent at identifying talent, and take the laziest path possible in Round 1 for 5 years  aside from 2018 trade up 

- Team Drafts 2 Safeties, 2 DTs, and an ILB in top of drafts  ignoring CB, WR, or ER

- Todd Bowles builds non-aggressive, no accountability culture on top of the undisciplined sh*tshow of Ryan

- Mangold and Brick both retire, seeing the writing on the wall

- Neil Glatt stages literally the worst event ever undertaken by a major Corporation after terrible new uniforms already got leaked and mocked mercilessly on social media and internet.

- Adam Gase of all people gets hired, and promptly forgets to take his ritalin or whatever for his introductory press conference and makes total ass of self and organization, and destroys goodwill and credibility almost immediately. This follows a poor showing in Miami, where organization decides to tank following his stint.

- Ownership allows terrible GM to run offseason and draft,  GM has disastrous draft, refuses to bring in a legitimate Center and ownership then FIRES the GM. 

- Injuries begin to wear away at already thin roster. 

- Injuries continue.

- Desperation and poor C play leads team to coax Ryan Kalil out of retirement. Kalil clearly not physically able to play. 

-Enunwa has likely career ending injury immediately after new contract. 

-Mosely injured

-Darnold gets Mono, FFS

-Herndon gets hurt coming off IR, FFS.

- Undermanned, neglected O line can't block, THEN loses Osemele (**** that guy), Beechum, Shell, and Kalil. LOL. 

- Entire ILB corps gets hurt.

- No Pass rush, terrible secondary.

It's the Perfect Storm. This year was inevitable. Blaming Gase is like blaming the Chief Engineer for sinking the Titanic. 

Well said.

i think I’m gonna cry now.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Worse than the 1995 or 1996 Jets?  Also, I did a comparison of the 1997 roster vs the 1996 roster and I marked in red the players that weren't there the year before (note that I did this manually so there might be mistakes).  It's absolutely amazing what Parcells/Belichick did with that 1997 team.  There still wasn't that much talent on that roster yet they almost went 10-6 and to the playoffs.  

image.thumb.png.d2e0c43435f4eb8e5a94b18cdcb1b727.png

image.thumb.png.f8ffb37552cb2884d17cba808b9e908f.png

Proves that a team will ALWAYS be at the very least COMPETITIVE with a good/great Coach.

Jets hire the bottom of the barrel.  

So many of the things I hated about Bowles, and thought I’d never see again, you unbelievably see with Adam Gase, and worse.

Im not expecting any wins out of this team, it’s a Landfill brought to you by 5 years of Maccagnan Drafts....but at least be somewhat competitive.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Understood.

But how can reconcile letting Darnold get destroyed, At Home, by New England.  No help for the so-called LT (ALL GAME...All game), No roll outs, only I think 1 deep ball (I know no one can get open anyway, but at least open the field up a little more and keep them a little honest).  Absolutely NO adjustments made to protect our QB from jailbreaks almost EVERY play ALL game long.  From the so-called Offensive genius and “QB Whisperer”....Darnold’s game is going BACKWARDS and he is developing bad habits, the EXACT thing we all wanted to avoid at all costs...hence, hire an Offense guy...but Gase is not that guy.

How come other 3rd string QBs can come in and not only be competitive but actually win games this year?  I know Luke Falk will never deserve to be on any NFL roster, ever, ok I admit that.  But how can Adam Gase have this guy in Miami for an entire year, and then think it wise to bring him to NY.  That’s on Gase.

I know this is a garbage team, but the non competitiveness, the stubbornness, the incredible rash of injuries that I’ve recently learned follow Gase EVERYWHERE he goes, that little King of Queens guy flunky of his, who seems worthless, I just can’t see the Jets EVER going very far with Adam Gase as their coach.

He got rid of Maccagnan and words can’t express the appreciation for that, but as far as him being the Coach going forward, I’m now against it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thin Maccagnan roster to begin with, injury report as long as the phone book, impossible to judge Darnold or Gase under these circumstances. Just have to hope we get the wounded back into action soon so we can understand where we are for next season. 

SAR I

BUT it is more than enough to judge the Johnsons.  They are terrible owners.  Terrible. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Yes, but what type of adjustments (week leading up and including in-game prep) has Gase tried with this team?  I'm not seeing much from him, it's like he's given up on the season and it shows.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

giphy-20.gif.c8c3fa96ec66e13f58ae2a73145e13d9.gif

- Incompetent, stupid, weak Ownership

- Jets essentially ignore O line for 10 years

- Jets essentially ignore Offense for 15 years at top of the draft

- Idzik completely craps out on 12 pick draft, fired

- MacCagnan and staff demonstrates zero talent at identifying talent, and take the laziest path possible in Round 1 for 5 years  aside from 2018 trade up 

- Team Drafts 2 Safeties, 2 DTs, and an ILB in top of drafts  ignoring CB, WR, or ER

- Todd Bowles builds non-aggressive, no accountability culture on top of the undisciplined sh*tshow of Ryan

- Mangold and Brick both retire, seeing the writing on the wall

- Neil Glatt stages literally the worst event ever undertaken by a major Corporation after terrible new uniforms already got leaked and mocked mercilessly on social media and internet.

- Adam Gase of all people gets hired, and promptly forgets to take his ritalin or whatever for his introductory press conference and makes total ass of self and organization, and destroys goodwill and credibility almost immediately. This follows a poor showing in Miami, where organization decides to tank following his stint.

- Ownership allows terrible GM to run offseason and draft,  GM has disastrous draft, refuses to bring in a legitimate Center and ownership then FIRES the GM. 

- Injuries begin to wear away at already thin roster. 

- Injuries continue.

- Desperation and poor C play leads team to coax Ryan Kalil out of retirement. Kalil clearly not physically able to play. 

-Enunwa has likely career ending injury immediately after new contract. 

-Mosely injured

-Darnold gets Mono, FFS

-Herndon gets hurt coming off IR, FFS.

- Undermanned, neglected O line can't block, THEN loses Osemele (**** that guy), Beechum, Shell, and Kalil. LOL. 

- Entire ILB corps gets hurt.

- No Pass rush, terrible secondary.

It's the Perfect Storm. This year was inevitable. Blaming Gase is like blaming the Chief Engineer for sinking the Titanic. 

Did you write  or find this??? Fukkin awesome. 

21 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

BUT it is more than enough to judge the Johnsons.  They are terrible owners.  Terrible. 

I wouldn’t go to a corner deli if they owned it..milk spoiled, and other things.  Come to think of it, they couldn’t even run one of those, much less a billion dollar pro football franchise.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

In no way shape or form do I think Adam Gase is Bill Belichick.  He isn't.

However, Belichick is regarded as one of the greatest coaches all time. 

But here is the problem:  He had five seasons as head coach of the Browns and went 36-44.  His first year as head coach of New England he went 5-11.  His second year in New England, he started 0-3.  He puts in Tom Brady out of necessity, and goes 233-76 from that point on and wins 6 Super Bowls.  So, was he still a misunderstood genius when he was 41-58 up until Tom Brady, or did Tom Brady make him look like a genius?

Sometimes, the coach is only as good as the players, and sometimes the players are only as good as the coaching they get.  Who knows what the exact mix of said statement is.

This is great analysis on a complete outlier.  What bellichek did happens maybe once in a 1,000 coaches.  It has about as much relevence to adam gase as  you winning the lottery.

What are you going to post next?  We should take a qb in the 6th round cause thats when tom brady was drafted.

• Upvote 1